WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Any analog/digital ABC watch except Casio/Tissot?

16K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  chevilo 
#1 ·
Is any manufacturer making analog/digital ABC watch except Casio/Tissot? I mean Casio PRW-5000 (PRG-500) or PRW-5100 (PRG-510) or Tissot T-Touch II / Expert? I like analog watch and don't want pure digital ABC. I know that bigger LCD (full digital Pathfinder or Suunto) is advantage and clearly readable, but analog watch with ABC functions are attracting me. Is any other possibility than Casio or overpriced (but well looking) Tissot? I like PRW-5100. Those watch are stuffed with function at good price level. Isn't it insufficient in this class?

#2 · (Edited)
I also prefer analoge :)

The way I see Casio and Tissot:

Where I live, there's not much price difference between 5000 and Expert. Expert is a bit more expensive, but I find it superior in ABC performance, stw & cdt, user interface and look. Besides, the digital on the Tissot Expert is bigger and much easier to read. And heres the real advantage: as soon as one funtion is activated, the hands move away, so the display can be read. Tissot is very comfortable on rubber strap. Casio got solar and radio control. Some really like that, I prefer Watches without those. Battery swap is a bit expensive on Tissot. Batteri performance? I Sony know yet, one has reporter bad performance, but most seems to get good performance. Though, II might be netter than Expert.

#11 ·
#4 ·
#6 ·
#14 ·
Roamer TREKK MASTER is probably completely new model. I haven't seen selling them on the internet nor the price. It's interesting competitor to Casio/Tissot. I like this watch :) Thank you for the information! I'm curious about the price.
More info is here Roamer of Switzerland: Watch Details
Roamer of Switzerland: Trekk Master Functional model
Very interesting watch! |>
View attachment 526514 View attachment 526515 View attachment 526516
View attachment 526517 View attachment 526518 View attachment 526519
I called the NA distributor, these should be available on amazon next month :)

#10 ·
Dont know if this one counts as an analog ABC, because it "only" got a LCD showing analog time (Virtually a analog? :)). Also, the look aint for everyone (I dont like it), but it seems to have quite some fans: Timex WS4

#13 ·
While I'm really, really, happy with my Tissot Expert, I must say that I wouldnt mind having a Hamilton too; It's a shame thay gave up that line, it looks great. Thanks for sharing the photos :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.