Garmin Fenix 5s / 5 / 5x - Page 3
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Garmin Fenix 5s / 5 / 5x

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Garmin Fenix 5s / 5 / 5x

Quote Originally Posted by stockae92 View Post
    I read that the quick release straps are backward compatible with Fenix 3. But of course, they are $$$$$ ....
    That's correct. The Quick Fit 26 straps for the fenix 5X can be used on the fenix 3/3HR tactix Bravo, quatix 3 and D2 Bravo watches. And yes, it sucks they cost so much.

HTH
    Last edited by gaijin; 6 Days Ago at 03:57.
    "So?"
    -Andrew Breitbart 1969-2012

Last edited by Doug507; 6 Days Ago at 03:05.
    " Don't trust anyone who says they're too good for an SKX007 and claims to be a WIS" - A Pine Tree

Watches: Rolex GMT Master II 16760,
    Rolex Submariner 14060M, Doxa 750T Sharkhunter, Doxa 1200T Professional, Resco R-TAC, Chronosport UDT Type IIa, Marathon SS Navigator (1992 Kuwait), Seiko SRP777, Seiko SKA427P1, Seiko SKX007, Garmin Fenix 5, Suunto Core and countless G-Shocks

I've had my 5x for a month now. Getting 9 or so days per charge with 4 gps activities per week. I like it a lot better than my fenix 2. The heart rate is nice though for running and biking I use the strap from my 2. It did a software update to add all dynamics for running. I liked using the maps in a national park that showed the hiking trails. Still getting the hang of it recommending running routes. Much better syncing.

Quote Originally Posted by stockae92 View Post
    I read that the quick release straps are backward compatible with Fenix 3. But of course, they are $$$$$ ....
    This was not an easy shot to get, given my poor skills and tablet camera. What I'm trying to show is the wear on the band where it has rubbed against stuff at the bottom side of my wrist. I've had my Fenix 5 for about 4 weeks and put it through daily hard use, but I'd expect better durability given that it will cost me $49 to replace the band. Hopefully we'll see some third party alternatives soon. I must say that the band is super comfortable, however.
    " Don't trust anyone who says they're too good for an SKX007 and claims to be a WIS" - A Pine Tree

Rolex Submariner 14060M, Doxa 750T Sharkhunter, Doxa 1200T Professional, Resco R-TAC, Chronosport UDT Type IIa, Marathon SS Navigator (1992 Kuwait), Seiko SRP777, Seiko SKA427P1, Seiko SKX007, Garmin Fenix 5, Suunto Core and countless G-Shocks

It's arrived today, my Fenix 5 sapphire - what a beauty. Loaded the apps and widgets i need.
    Charging it up and ready to hit the pavement tomorrow. Fantastic upgrade from the Fenix 3 - Very happy indeed.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170424_172909[1].jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	11610842
    There's never enough time !

damn, i'm trying to order one for my father in law (the 5x) and no one has it in stock in the US....

Quote Originally Posted by eyeloveteeth View Post
    damn, i'm trying to order one for my father in law (the 5x) and no one has it in stock in the US....
    REI has the slate grey with black silicone band in stock: https://www.rei.com/product/121191/g...-monitor-watch

HTH
    "So?"

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    And every model of the fenix 5 series I have seen so far includes a built-in optical heart rate monitor (OHRM) - that is an epic fail in my opinion. The OHRM results so far in the fenix 3HR have been hit or miss. The general consensus is, if one needs accurate heart rate data during an activity, one should use a chest strap HRM.

I would much rather have seen Garmin offer a model without OHRM and make the case slimmer, or keep the same case dimensions and increase the battery size. Unless a fenix 5 model without OHRM is introduced, I'll be passing on this generation of fenix ... just like I passed on the fenix 3HR.

In any event, my fenix 3 and tactix Bravo continue to do everything I need of them, so no rush to upgrade.

HTH
    Can the Tactix Bravo display 4 multiple time zones like my Old Garmin??

Name:  GarminFenix32_08SEP12.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  501.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    And every model of the fenix 5 series I have seen so far includes a built-in optical heart rate monitor (OHRM) - that is an epic fail in my opinion. The OHRM results so far in the fenix 3HR have been hit or miss. The general consensus is, if one needs accurate heart rate data during an activity, one should use a chest strap HRM.
    One of the first things I did when I got my Fenix 5 was to wear it AND my Fenix 3 with a chest strap paired to the F3. I did 45 minutes of hard cycling and they tracked very close. I have since repeated it with similar results. Where the OHRM seems to fail is for activiies that involve a lot of wrist movement (weight training, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by umarrajs View Post
    Can the Tactix Bravo display 4 multiple time zones like my Old Garmin??

Name:  GarminFenix32_08SEP12.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  501.8 KB
    First, that's a picture I took of MY old fenix, not yours.

And yes, here's a quick and dirty of my tactix Bravo displaying Local time at the top and 4 additional time zones:

HTH
    "So?"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information