Garmin fenix - An Ongoing Review in Several Parts - Page 64
Like Tree206Likes

Thread: Garmin fenix - An Ongoing Review in Several Parts

Page 64 of 132 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374114 ... LastLast

Re: Garmin fenix - A Review in Several Parts

Quote Originally Posted by as4tik View Post
    Reciprocum, thank you very much for your reply. Honestly, you make me upset. I was hoping that this is a problem with the firmware and the vibration stopped working at all. I was so glad that my watch was able to remind silent. But vibro have left me. Now, only the simpl audio reminder.
    I guess you checked the settings of your Fenix as for most alarms, you can select between none, sound only, sound+vibro, vibro only ?

Quote Originally Posted by jipe View Post
    I guess you checked the settings of your Fenix as for most alarms, you can select between none, sound only, sound+vibro, vibro only ?
    Yes, jipe, I can choose between sound only, sound + vibro, vibro only. I chose a lot of time in different types of alerts: alarm, alert timer notification point is approached, and others. And when I choose the sound + vibro, then the only sound is. When I select a vibro only then do nothing but pop-up that worked notification.

It turns out only I have a problem. The rest of all the alerts are working correctly.
    Last edited by as4tik; October 22nd, 2012 at 06:40.

FW 2.80 Sensors Always On problem:
    I have only 1min sensors data after update to 2.80. Used to be up to 48 hour on barometer.
    Anybody has same problem?

EDIT:
    After changing a profile everything looks OK. So just in case change a profile back and forth...
    Last edited by blasbike; October 22nd, 2012 at 10:47.

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocum View Post
    "Till sunset" alerts you X time before the Sun goes bellow horizon, so you wont get caught out there in the dark.
    "Interval" alerts you every X time (every 1h, etc) so you can take a break, report wereabouts by radio, water the dog, etc
    The problem is, that when I tried "Till sunset" nothing happened. No tone, no vibration. Are there any tricks, or is it just dead feature?

Petr
    Last edited by PetrB; October 23rd, 2012 at 11:17.

Quote Originally Posted by PetrB View Post
    The problem is, that when I tried "Till sunset" nothing happened. No tone, no vibration. Are there any tricks, or is it just dead feature?

Petr
    I have exactly the same problem. Tried to put the different time. Nothing happens.
    Last edited by as4tik; October 24th, 2012 at 08:36.

Quote Originally Posted by as4tik View Post
    Yes, jipe, I can choose between sound only, sound + vibro, vibro only. I chose a lot of time in different types of alerts: alarm, alert timer notification point is approached, and others. And when I choose the sound + vibro, then the only sound is. When I select a vibro only then do nothing but pop-up that worked notification.

It turns out only I have a problem. The rest of all the alerts are working correctly.
    I have the same issue. I set sound + vibro and I am not getting any vibro for the notifications of the 1km autolap..

I've got one of these in the mail. I'm super excited. I've read this thread twice through now! Thanks to all who've contributed, and to gaijin for all his hard work!

(You'll note I signed up a year ago, and lurked up until today!)

Thanks so much for this thread gaijin!

Quote Originally Posted by macleod1979 View Post
    Thanks so much for this thread gaijin!
    Hear hear!

To gaijin, the father of the mother of all fenix threads!
    blasbike likes this.

Ahg

Re: Garmin fenix - Understanding Altimeter settings

After reading many things about this issue, and asking questions to GARMIN, this is my understanding of how altimeter settings work, but I am sure there are different opinions out there.
    Please, those of you that think to have understood the behavior of the Fenix concerning Elevation, confirm/correct this table

Thanks

SETTINGS READINGS
    Auto Calibration Baro. Plot reported pressure figure reported elevation figure
    ON FIXED corrected to sea level Only considers GPS information
    ON AMB. PRESSURE real measurement Interprets any change in pressure as a change in elevation. Uses GPS information to correct the elevation through a sofisticated algorithm patented by Garmin
    ON VARIABLE corrected to sea level It works as FIXED when no movement is detected (or GPS off, I presume) and as AMB. PRESSURE when movement is detected
    OFF FIXED corrected to sea level Only considers GPS information
    OFF AMB. PRESSURE real measurement Interprets any change in pressure as a change in elevation. No GPS correction
    OFF VARIABLE corrected to sea level It works as FIXED when no movement is detected (or GPS off, I presume) and as AMB. PRESSURE when movement is detected
    Last edited by Ahg; October 26th, 2012 at 12:44.
    cdmackay, rustislove and xemax like this.

Thread Information