WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

New Protrek model PRG-260

9K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  zeke456 
#1 ·
Hi,
looks like Casio introduced a new Protrek and nobody noticed - at least not me :-d. Somebody PM'd me today from a German watch forum and asked me about it. The model is on Casio Germany but I couldn't find it on Casio Japan or Casio-intl or Casio USA:
CASIO Sport - Uhren - Produkte - CASIO
Looks like it is the module of the PRG-240 (which in turn is the non-atomic version of the module of the PAW/PRW-2000) in a case with 20 bar water resistance. Not bad - might actually be my next Protrek.
I wonder if there'll be an atomic version for the Japanese market. I couldn't find anything so far.

cheers, Sedi :)

#6 · (Edited)
dont you think this 260 model is hybrid of so many earlier protreks?
like it has same to same module as prw 2000/prg200 (same ,even to the minor details),it has buttons and strap similar to prw 2500/prg250 series and it has bezel resembling prw 1500 series!!!!!!amazing.like they put bits and pieces they liked of earlier models and put them together in one package

#7 ·
I'm thinking about picking this up. However, I have the all black PRW-2500 and the 2600 doesn't appear to be much different. Would I be better off with the 260 this time? My bezel's black finish is already wearing off and the watch looks horrible after just a years time. And, what advantages are there to having an atomic version vs. the 260? Thanks for the opinion.s.

#11 ·
the case of the 260 is the same as the 250...but in saying that it is alittle thicker...and the bezel is off another model...the screen is exactly the same as the 200 as is all the functions....it's just a incest model....in that it share's it's self with other members of the family....imo the best all digi casio has ever made from scratch is the 250..2500...think about it like this...there is no other model that has this screen..All other pathfinders or protreks have pretty much the same srceen layout....but the 250..2500...wow it's a beast all on it's own...ok so it does't have a 24h cdt but it does have 24h stop watch....And the cdt does have progress alarms.....also i find the baro is easier the read thanks to the bigger markers...ok so it only does 10 hours..But it does have arrow markers to let you know if it drops or rises very quickly..now that's a first on the 250..2500 the 270 and on gets that as well....that's why the 250 2500 is a little more expensive than some of the others like the 260...coz casio had to design a whole new watch right from scratch....i have the 2000t as well and it does have a big time display like big hours and minutes...but the day and date are to small the read straight away...looks out of place...the 250-2500 the day and date is much bigger...and i think the sensor is quicker as well...but that's just me...doing my testing...i find that the compass on the 250-2500 is rock solid and does not move around as much

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.