WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

PRG-240 or the PRG-260

7K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  tabbywmollya 
#1 ·
I've been looking for a new watch, also this will be my first ABC watch as well. I think I have narrowed it down to either the 240 or the 260. I work outside all year round so I need it to be pretty durable for the weather up in Ohio. Seeing as the 260 is pretty new, I can't really find any reviews or comparisons between the two. Any recommendations would be helpful.

#2 · (Edited)
Both watches use the same module 3173 (meaning same internal software, parts, display screen layout and user interface buttons) BUT only differ in the outward appearance.

The 240 has several skins, with the PRG240T (also called the PAG240T) being the titanium version being the most robust and durable. Where as the 260 only comes in plastic. Durability is a concern for you so you may want to consider that.

Here is my video review of the PRG240T:

Here is a picture of me with my PRG240T!

Reactions: Calvin82
#3 ·
So if they are basically the same watch, why did they come out with a different model? I did see that the 260 is WR up to 200m whereas the 240 is only 100m. I'm just a little confused. I haven't had time to go over all the spec and compare the two of them side by side. Work has been keeping me pretty busy so I don't have much free time.

#5 · (Edited)
If you could find that information then you would also find that BOTH watches use the same 3173 Module. The 100 to 200 m water resistance isn't going mean much for someone in Ohio unless you have a really deep swimming pool in your backyard.

Yes but as far as all the 'operating features' both watches are the same. In other words it is like deciding between a silver colored BMW M3 with technology package and a red colored BMW M3 with sport package trim. Same Engine, same performance, but slightly different rims and different appearance. Same is true here. I like the PRG260 but because I ALREADY have a Titanium PRG240 and I don't need and extra 100 meters of waterproofness (I live in NY) the 260 is not even on my radar other than a mild initial interest.

devildog, you said durability was a big factor for you so I mentioned the PRG240T (titanium) as your best bet. The plastic encased 260 won't cut it in your world. That is all I am saying.

Here is a 260 video:

#4 ·
Besides some minor facelifts, the higher WR is indeed the main differnce between them - at least on the paper, in the flesh it pretty much doesn't matter whether a Casio is 100m or 200m.

cheers

#10 ·
I believe you're right, take a look at the strap. PRG 260 is also reported to be comfortable by another user here. That strap change alone is enough to choose the 260 IMHO - at least over the resins strap version of the 240, which got a really poor and uncomfortable strap.

#11 ·
yes .casio did mess up casio prg 240 resin strap.its hard to imagine how they made such low quality strap for protrel line up.most people don't like 240 just due to strap,which is a pity.but 240 is also available in two cloth nylon strap versions and a titanium strap version

#16 ·
I have a 240b and a 270. The 270 is more accurate by 30 seconds a month. The difference is pretty obvious. Within a week the 240 was aready 12 seconds ahead of my 270. My results may be different than other members on this thread.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.