Hi folks !
Upgraded my old PRW1500 yesterday to an all-black PRW2500.
First thoughts are good...
1. Looks more professional and less of a toy.
2. More information on the screen (e.g year added to date display).
3. Faster Baro/temperature display compared to PRW1500, also returns to a stable main screen faster (less 'swoshing' of the moon & tide indicators).
4. Compass ring now smoothly (but firmly) rotates without the clicks.
5. Sensor port (top left on side) has more sealing & it seems, the ability to remove the cover for cleaning (two small screws).
6. The dual screen compass pointers are much easier to see than the pathetic dots round the edge of the 1500.
7. Feels a little slimmer than the 1500 and don't notice it on my wrist.
8. Plastic strap has an extra lock mechanism ('click' bump on the end of one of the straps).
9. 'Successful Reception' indicator seems a little larger & more noticeable.
10. 'Auto' backlight works a little better (now only when truly too dark to see the display)
One fault of the 1500 was the pressure graphs annoying full screen vertical scroll whenever a new point was above or below the current graph. Again this morning I find myself looking at a pressure graph with ONE point on it !. Come on Casio, shift up/down just one pixel please !!!