Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Angelis

Thread: The Seiko SKXA33 200M Automatic Diver

The Seiko SKXA33 200M Automatic Diver

Let's all welcome the Seiko SKXA33 200m Automatic Diver!

The Seiko SKXA33 200m Automatic Diver might just very well be the forgotten SKX Diver. Its production years ran from 2002 through 2005, exactly between the production years of the Monster and the Knight, and I think it was sort of eclipsed by those two divers. It's a very substantial watch, coming in at 195 grams...and that's about 9 grams heavier than the Knight. It's unique in that it's almost completely done in brushed finish...with the exception of the bezel's nubs (at the 12, 3, 6, & 9 points), and a beveled design running straight down the tapered bracelet.

The Basics:
    -Seiko SKXA33, 200M Automatic Diver
    -ISO Rated Diver
    -Screw down crown; crown guards
    -120-click unidirectional rotating, all steel bezel; brushed finish, w/12,3,6,9 bezel nubs (high polished); lume pip on bezel
    -Seiko's Hardlex crystal, domed
    -46mm in diameter (w/crown), and 48mm N/S lugs
    -Weight:195 grams (FULL bracelet)
    -Height:14mm
    -Integrated bracelet, tapered: from 22mm (end link), to 18mm (microlink)
    -Screwed in caseback
    -Diver's extension
    -Diver's buckle, signed; 4-hole microadjustments
    -SOLID/tapered & thick bracelet, brushed with 1mm beveled/high polished center line design running down the bracelet
    -HIGH lume, Seiko LumiBrite

Movement:
    -Seiko 7S26A
    -21 jewels
    -Bi-directional winding
    -21,600 BPH

Interesting note: The spingbars hold the end links very tightly in place, so much so, that the endlink appears as if it is an extension of the case. The beauty and science behind this (to me) is that the weight of the case is supported by the links just after the end link...sort of like a hinging on the solid pin which holds the next link to the end link. It's an incredibly strong design; and this lends to the watch actually sitting put on your wrist...not stiffly, but stays right where you want it.

The watch is, without a doubt, a combination of the features that are found in the Monsters and Knights. This model shares the same type of stark white hands as the black Monster, and the Seiko SNM035, SKZ283, & SKZ285. The second hand is long and tapers, is about 3/4 the diameter of the dial, stark white as well, lumed pip on the non-pointing end. The markers/indexes are chrome-edged, which is very reminiscent of the Knight. The dial is a true black, and the white calendar panels seem more stark white against the true black dial.

FYI:
    *Bracelet code #: 31E7-B.I.
    *Springbars model #: C150ES
    *Caseback code (Singapore): 7S26-01C0, Caseback code (Malaysia): 7S26-01C1
    *The SKXA33 and the Knight share the same spingbars
    *Links held together via friction pins

* The lume is on par with the Monsters and the Knights, really bright & strong!

Lastly:
    This watch has just about everything going for it. It has been discontinued since 2005, and are relatively difficult to locate. I'm always impressed by Seiko, and their attention to detail, and they certainly did not skimp on this model. As long as I am around, believe me, the Seiko SKXA33 will not ever fade away into relative obscurity!

Last edited by Angelis; April 22nd, 2012 at 23:06.
    brad15470 likes this.
    Angelis

The Knight Club
    Love the Knights!

Re: The Seiko SKXA33 200M Automatic Diver

Just spotted this beauty selling for over $300.00 on the bay! It has really risen in value! You know my rant...it has to be one of the greatest Seiko SKX auto divers out there!
    Angelis

The Knight Club
    Love the Knights!

Thread Information