Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Citizen BN0000-04H 300m Diver Review

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thumbs Up Re: Citizen BN0000-04H 300m Diver Review

I have had one of these for wearing to work and I am very impressed with it.
    The stock strap I find to be comfortable and far better than the stiff Seiko Z22.
    Lumi is excellent and very bright.
    Good all round watch.

Brian

Re: Citizen BN0000-04H 300m Diver Review

Nice post - I've not considered the Eco-drives and this makes me think twice.

Thanks for the nice pics and review. I've worn the 200 meter version for almost ten years now and still enjoy the watch. It's my goto watch anytime I am in the water.

Comments regarding the comparitively smaller size are right on as well. I have 7.75 wrists and go back and forth about it being a little on the small side. Like earlier comments, those concerns fade quickly after wearing it for awhile.

This is my oldest eco-drive and it'll be interesting to see how long the lifespan ends up being. My bet is it'll be around as long as I am.

I've got one, I don't like the lettering on the band either. Mines only a month old.

I'll probably get a NATO for it, but I really like the looks of the watch and it's kept perfect time for a month.

Quote Originally Posted by powerband View Post
    Caraptor,

Do you still like your BN000-04H 300M? What's your take on it at this point?

I'm looking at one.

Thanks,
    The question above was asked in 2009. I've since purchased one and has worn it regularly for almost a year. It's a solid little watch that could.

Great thread.

Best,
    Life is short. How sad to have realized in your death bed that you've worn a crappy watch as a "daily beater" for most of your days.

Re: BN0000-04H Review and Lousy Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Caraptor View Post
    Well the stock strap is about to drive me crazy. Right now it's on a strap from a Casio DW-5600E. I might get a rubber strap with deployment buckle for this. As to bracelets, I'll go back to globalwatchband.com. I ordered a solid link oyster bracelet with curved end pieces from Rich a few years ago for my Seiko and it fit great. I'll probably go to him for the deployment band, too.
    I would love to see pics if you got that bracelet on it. I want a diver, but all the citizen ones are frankly incredibly ugly imo except this one. I don't however like rubber bracelets and it's just me but i've always thought divers looked weird on natos and zulus. A chunky bezel on a spaghetti thin strap, stainless bracelets plz.

Quote Originally Posted by baserock love View Post
    I would love to see pics if you got that bracelet on it. I want a diver, but all the citizen ones are frankly incredibly ugly imo except this one. I don't however like rubber bracelets and it's just me but i've always thought divers looked weird on natos and zulus. A chunky bezel on a spaghetti thin strap, stainless bracelets plz.
    Yea.....

Let's see some Stainless for this puppy........

Citizen BN0000-04H on a 20 mm brushed stainless steel Watchadoo bracelet.

The Citizen BN0000-04H OEM diver's 2 mm spring bars have a very loose fit in the Watchadoo endpieces made for 2.5 mm spring bars and can normally not be used for decently fitting this bracelet. Watchadoo did provide 2.5 mm "adapter spring bars" intended for mounting the Watchadoo bracelet on watches with sub 2.5 mm spring bars, but these "adapter spring bars" did not achieve a tight fit with the Citizen lug holes. To solve this dimensional dilemma and use the original Citizen ISO 6425 conform spring bars I cut two pieces of an ordinary drinking straw to the appropriate length. After that I cut these plastic tubes longitudinally open to size them for the correct circumference and slid these homemade plastic inserts into the Watchadoo endpieces. Now the OEM Citizen spring bars can be inserted in the Watchadoo endpieces without slack whilst still being able to rotate. Thus I achieved a water impervious sturdy fit between the Watchadoo bracelet and my Citizen divers watch and minimized the chance of loosing my watch on this bracelet do to spring bar related issues.
    Turnaround, asdf1230 and cgalny like this.

Man, that looks great, but it's a shame you have to "rig" it to work.

You'd think a watch this popular would have a bracelet made for it.

Very nice, indeed.....

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy Slaw View Post
    Man, that looks great, but it's a shame you have to "rig" it to work.

You'd think a watch this popular would have a bracelet made for it.

Very nice, indeed.....
    +1

Are there no bracelets that would fit without modification?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information