WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Citizen bn0034-53w

6K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  blackstallion 
#1 · (Edited)
This is a 300 meter professional diver. It has a lovely green face, ceramic bezel, and 2-tone goldtone and stainless steel bracelet. It's an ecodrive so powering it is extremely easy. The band uses a single pin arrangement so sizing is pretty easy. Nothing microscopic to lose if you do it yourself.

I have admired this watch in a case with many different brands of watches including Seiko, Hamilton, Swiss Army, etc. This watch stood out as the most interesting and striking of the lot.

This watch has a stainless steel case and bracelet with goldtone highlights. The overall feel of the watch is one of high quality and
precision craftsmanship. The other laundry list of features:

Green Dial with a slight green tint wave pattern dial with Gold Tone luminous hands and markers.
Eco Drive - charges in sunlight or indoors, no need to change battery.
180-Day Power reserve.
Date (very small in my opinion)
Rotating Ceramic Bezel.
Screw-down crown.
Fold-over push-button deployment clasp.
Scratch resistant mineral crystal.
Water Resistant to 300m.
Case measures 41mm wide by 12mm thick.
5 Years Original Citizen's U.S. Warranty.

I won't try to do a detailed review of the watch except to say that it's a very good looking specimen. It's extremely easy to read and the lume is exceptional. Someone else pointed this out in another forum at watchuseek. It's a bluish lume, but incredibly bright and fairly long lasting. The face is uncluttered. It reminds me of my blue VX-200 in it's simplicity and readability. It's also about the same thickness and will fit beneath
a dress shirt. The goldtone is quite good looking. The ceramic bezel is beautifully rendered and lines up precisely as well to all the other markers, especially the seconds hand with the seconds markers. It's one of the great Citizen watches in it's price range now (200.00 to 299.00 of a suggested 450.00). I have included a crude flash photo which I had to really modify to get the color to come out. I highly recommend this style if you love dive watches and enjoy Citizen. I'll publish a few more photographs hopefully this weekend when I get a bit of time.

Thanks for reading.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Good review thank you. I picked something similar lately for a dive watch. The Promaster with 300M Diver. I know the one you picked is good. I just didn't like the bezel as much as the one on mine, and the rubber type band didn't fit me. Natutally my impression would be been a little different with a proper metal bracelet.

I like Citizens and the simplicity of the face has a lot of appeal to me as well.

Derek

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.