Thread: Citizen Eco-Drive Promaster NightHawk Pilot BJ7010-59E

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Citizen Eco-Drive Promaster NightHawk Pilot BJ7010-59E

Kind of late to the party on this one, but I feel compelled to share a bit about this watch. My first Citizen and I am definitely inspired to look at some more.

The BJ7010-59E is the Asian/European version of the nighthawk which I like a bit better than the US version because of the subtle differences in the dial and the raised caseback (US version is etched).

Great watch for the money. Solid, heavy, and feels well put together. The bracelet is solid and fairly well made, mine has some sharp edges and is a bit stiff - a good rub down and oiling will probably help with this.

Size feels perfect for me ( my wrist is about 7"). Dial is crisp, the contrast of the white/silver/red is sharp looking and easy to read - which is very nice especially considering there is a ton of information on the dial. Crystal is clear and although there is no anti-reflective coating I haven't found glare to be a problem. I think some bad lighting with my photos made the crystal seem a bit cloudy/hazy - in real life it seems much clearer.

Lume is decent. My only, only knock is that the gmt function is designated by two smaller hands with "jet" silhouette - these can get obscured at certain times of the day by the larger hour and minute hands making the 2nd time zone hard to read. Other than that, the watch is awesome and worth every penny.

Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by OldHippie1968; September 8th, 2009 at 20:24. Reason: Attached thumbnails

Banned

Re: Citizen Eco-Drive Promaster NightHawk Pilot BJ7010-59E

I absolutely love this watch! Great review.

I have the US version known as the "Nighthawk" BJ7000-52E with SS bracelet. Main differences between the US Nighthawk and the Japan/Euro Promaster Sky series are:

- "Nighthawk" moniker missing from the dial

- Markers are slightly different on the dial

- "12" and "6" numerals are raised in the US version, flush in the international version

- The caseback in the US Nighthawk is laser etched. The caseback in the international version is engraved/raised and has the "Promaster" moniker printed.

Not sure if the BJ7010 has sapphire or hardlex.

Great watch, no matter which version you choose.

Great reveiw, I would love to get this watch in the desert storm version with the blue dial.
    Awsome watch!!!

sbesa77 or MINIDriver: how long is the standard bracelet? How many links (if any) did either of you remove to fit this baby to your wrists?

I would love to get one of these on bracelet but am concerned that the unmodified bracelet may be too short (my wrist is 8").

concerned that the unmodified bracelet may be too short
    Ohh, don't you worry about that!! There is plenty of play on the stock bracelet even for a eight inch wrist.

Hi Minidriver, I saw your review of the Nighthawk and made me order one from my local Citizen Dealer. Only paid $257 , now I have to wait 2 weeks for it. Cheers. I have a bunch of watches that maybe I should review them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bessanutz View Post
    Hi Minidriver, I saw your review of the Nighthawk and made me order one from my local Citizen Dealer. Only paid $257 , now I have to wait 2 weeks for it. Cheers. I have a bunch of watches that maybe I should review them.
    Congratulations!

I am looking forward to your pics and initial impressions when you receive it.

Congrats sbesa77! Wear it in good health.
    Citizen Eco-Drive Promaster SST JW0010-52E
    Citizen Eco-Drive Promaster SKY PMD56-2973
    Citizen Eco-Drive Promaster Carbon JY0075-54E
    Citizen Eco-Drive Promaster Calibre 2100 AV0031-59A
    Citizen Eco-Drive Signature Series Grand Complication BZ0004-59A

"None are more hopelessly enslaved, than those who falsely believe they are free".

Thanks everyone for the comments.

After wearing the watch a while longer I have come to appreciate the quality of the dial face, it has an iridescent quality to it that is very nice and constantly changing in different light. That along with its solid build and the engraving on the back really helps elevate this watch beyond its $200 price tag.

Last edited by OldHippie1968; September 8th, 2009 at 20:34. Reason: Attached thumbnails

I have just bought this nice watch and also 1st time to own Citizen watch. It is a nice watch, but i'm not sure whether it worth every penny or not. Guys out can give some comment?

Here i upload some pic to share with you all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information