One Citizen, never a problem.
    TT Cartier Santos
    Tag Heuer Formula 1 Chrono
    1977 Omega Deville
    Citizen Atomic CB0013
    Seiko Orange Monster
    G Shock GWM5610

Re: Citizen Quality Opinions

Three citizen ny00 series ( one for hard work )
    Never a problem

Citizen Quality not up to par with Seiko.

I've had several Citizens, love every one. My cheap Citizen is definitely of higher quality than my cheap Seiko.

Quote Originally Posted by mi6_ View Post
    I bought a Seiko SNE279 Solar Diver from an authorized dealer over a year ago. Came with the dial and chapter ring misaligned (which is way too common on Seiko watches). Had to send it to a Seiko service center to be adjusted under warranty as the misalignment really bothered me. They were able to adjust the chapter ring better than it was but still not 100%. The watch isn't as accurate as my Citizen, being around +8 seconds fast every month. The bracelet is also a bit cheap with the stamped clasp and dive extension but overall not bad. It at least had solid end links which many of their other bracelets lack. The second hand hits all the markers almost dead on. Seiko does great finishing on all their watch cases I've seen.

I also bought a Citizen BN0-151-09L Eco-Drive diver about a year ago. Also ordered the bracelet from the version sold in Europe directly from Citizen. The watch and bracelet are superior to Seiko in my opinion. The bracelet has a cool ratcheting diver's extension and has a better machined clasp. Lume is excellent (not as bright as Seiko's green Lumibrite, but a longer lasting blue lume), case finishing is excellent and everything lines up. Keeps time +4 seconds per month. The second hand also hits all the markers perfectly.

Overall I'd say quality is very similar. Prefer the Seiko Hardlex to the Citizen mineral crystal on their divers. I think Citizen makes better bracelets and doesn't have any dial alignment issues which so many Seiko's suffer from. I really wish Seiko would get on top of this misalignment issue. There is no excuse for it even on their cheaper watches. Seiko makes more automatics which is why they are popular. I prefer solar quartz watches and would probably buy a Citizen over a Seiko due to the Seiko alignment issues. Would buy a Seiko again but only if I can see it in person before I spend money on their poor quality control.
    MI6, I had the same issue with my Seiko Solar Diver. It's annoying to say the least to have any a slight misalignment. Seiko should pay attention this this defect. I really like the watch and wear it sometimes, but will probably end up selling it one day.

Citizen have alignment issues too. I have the BM7170-53L and the chapter ring is noticeably misaligned from the hour indices on the dial by probably about 0.5mm. Also the second hand doesn't land on the second indices all of the way around the chapter ring. It doesn't bother me though, it's a beautiful watch with super titanium and a sapphire crystal and it only cost me £152. I think I'd struggle to find another brand new watch of that quality for that price.
    Last edited by clyde_frog; February 7th, 2017 at 04:02.

Father in law raves about his Citizen but I've never been enticed enough to pull the trigger on one. Came close on the recent Grand Touring diver but ultimately there is always something nagging me not to. No diving extension. No fliplock. Etc. Ugh.

I have two citizens and my wife has one and we have no issues with them.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I have had a nighthawk for about two years now. Quality is great and I'd say it is one if the best values out there. I wear it about two days a week in a rotation with several other pieces. I have to set it twice a year when daylight savings time occurs and other than that it runs as accurate as anything else I have. Great watch overall! It will always have a spot in my collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3