Citizen Quality Opinions - Page 4
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Citizen Quality Opinions

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Citizens are great watches. Own two and am totally satisfied. Stylish, robust and accurate, just love them. Citizen pioneered the solar system and their Eco Drive line shows they dominate this technology. In comparison, Seiko is not a reliable trademark since their kinetic energy technology was such a big failure. Have a Seiko Kinetic and just hate it. If you are not using it all time, it discharges. What is really a mess. Instead Citizen don't give any problem: plus they are nicer. So, do not think will ever buy Seiko again. For their price ( around 400?), my two blue dial chronograph and perpetual calendar Citizens are just perfect. One of them is also radio controlled. What trademark can give you better? The radio controlled one is 20 bar and has sapphire crystal. A really powerful and achieved watch. Do not want even to think in Seikos. No need of.
    mrhallorann likes this.

Exclamation Re: Citizen Quality Opinions

I just dug up this older thread, since I recently picked up a Citizen BN0151-O9L. I've been holding out on this one for a while, not being sure I would like the 4:00 crown, but I must say I really like it. I normally wear an Omega Seamaster with the 1120 movement, but on a recent jet ski ride, my first, I was wearing the Seamaster when my son in law decided to see if he could throw me off using shall we say aggressive maneuvers. He succeeded, and while I had no worries whatsoever about water resistance, it is no lie to say that while in mid air I was praying that the bracelet didn't somehow fail and the watch end up ticking away at the bottom of Lake Erie! We both survived, but I did decide to go for the Citizen.
    I repair watches, so I have a Witschi Quartz analyzer, and it tells me the watch is 1 sec/MONTH fast! Not bad for under $175! I wasn't expecting lume on the order of the Seamaster, and I was correct in this, but I HAVE been pleasantly surprised at the intensity-- its pretty good.
    I have a couple of Eco-Drives, nothing fancy, and when asked by customers for an opinion on a nice, dependable, quartz watch that looks good but won't break the bank, I tell them to check out Citizen. My wife and daughters all have at least one, and have also given them to their husbands as gifts.
    In closing, I'll mention that I have no experience with other makes of Quartz watches other than service related experiences, from simple cell swaps to full service. I will echo the low opinions of the Seiko Kinetic, as it was an inefficient generator in its hey day and has lost relevance today with the advent of solar power. George
    Ziptie likes this.

Re: Citizen Quality Opinions

The lume on mine is really good.

I bought a used Eco-Drive to wear while working on consulting jobs when my Rolex would have offended the customers. I have been very impressed with the Eco-Drive. No problems at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a Citizen Blue Angels and a Navihawk Promaster. Both of them are beautiful watches, no flaws at all. I also bought 3 Seiko "turtle" divers watches, all of them came with misaligned chaper marks.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information