Citizen Quality Opinions
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Citizen Quality Opinions

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    62

    Citizen Quality Opinions

    Hey all, I'm thinking of purchasing my first Citizen sometime. I own three Seiko's already. I really like them all, except the last one I purchased (solar chrono diver) has some manufacturing issues with misaligned printing on the bezel and such. It's a great watch, but it is a bummer it had this issue.

    Do Citizens tend to have these issues or any other known manufacturing issues? Guess I want to make sure before purchasing online as what to expect.

    Thanks.
    MVG likes this.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    331

    Re: Citizen Quality Opinions

    Quote Originally Posted by airrun View Post
    Hey all, I'm thinking of purchasing my first Citizen sometime. I own three Seiko's already. I really like them all, except the last one I purchased (solar chrono diver) has some manufacturing issues with misaligned printing on the bezel and such. It's a great watch, but it is a bummer it had this issue.

    Do Citizens tend to have these issues or any other known manufacturing issues? Guess I want to make sure before purchasing online as what to expect.

    Thanks.
    Are you sure it's genuine?

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    62

    Re: Citizen Quality Opinions

    Quote Originally Posted by Maljunulo View Post
    Are you sure it's genuine?
    Yep. From a reputable online dealer with papers. Seiko has known issues for some watches with misalignments from the posts that I've read.
    Last edited by airrun; September 13th, 2016 at 00:53.

  4. #4
    Member Wolfsatz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    GMT -5
    Posts
    1,242

    Re: Citizen Quality Opinions

    I own 2 and they both are just superb for the price.

    1473708381738 by Wolfsatz

    20160820_204158 by Wolfsatz
    anabuki and airrun like this.

  5. #5
    Member yankeexpress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    17,982

    Re: Citizen Quality Opinions

    2 broken Citizen





    Don't drop a citizen or treat it roughly. G-Shocks can handle such use, Citizen cannot in my experience. My work watch since have been Casio.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    62

    Re: Citizen Quality Opinions

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsatz View Post
    I own 2 and they both are just superb for the price.

    1473708381738 by Wolfsatz

    20160820_204158 by Wolfsatz
    Nice watches wolf. How would you say the lume compares to Seiko? I know my Seiko Solo Chrono Diver lume is insane. I can see it all night into the morning with a good charge. Maybe some models of Citizen have better lume than others?

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    62

    Re: Citizen Quality Opinions

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeexpress View Post
    2 broken Citizen





    Don't drop a citizen or treat it roughly. G-Shocks can handle such use, Citizen cannot in my experience. My work watch since have been Casio.
    Ouch. Sorry to hear that. Yeah, I have watches I wear for different occasions. I probably need to buy me a G Shock sometime though. Dang it. Now I've got another watch to look at buying.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    51

    Re: Citizen Quality Opinions

    Just make sure you buy Attesa grade or higher and you won't have any issues. My Satellie Citizen watch (only one in the world with the face / band combination):

    Name:  WP_20160914_08_59_38_Pro.jpg
Views: 940
Size:  572.3 KB
    Name:  WP_20160914_09_00_09_Pro (3).jpg
Views: 910
Size:  600.0 KB
    Name:  WP_20160914_09_00_29_Pro (2).jpg
Views: 906
Size:  499.8 KB
    airrun, 72BSXII and wdrazek like this.

  9. #9
    Member Wolfsatz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    GMT -5
    Posts
    1,242

    Re: Citizen Quality Opinions

    Quote Originally Posted by airrun View Post
    Nice watches wolf. How would you say the lume compares to Seiko? I know my Seiko Solo Chrono Diver lume is insane. I can see it all night into the morning with a good charge. Maybe some models of Citizen have better lume than others?
    The Lume on the ShadowHawk is comparable to Seiko (just Blue). The Lume on the 1st pictured is very shallow and not as bright. It needs a really good charge to see it many hours onto the night an that is very soft.

    WIS Interwebs Communicator Tool
    Citizen ShadowHawk CA4176-55E & Citizen EcoDrive BM8475-26E
    Timex Yatch Racer TW2P44400DH | 3 GMT | Expedition Field Watch T498749J
    Casio Edifice | EFR-545BD-7BVCF | G-Shock GA100A-7 G | G-Shock GW-3500
    IR Excursion 18202 | SubAqua Noma III Special Edition | Hydromax GMT
    Invicta Russian Diver Hand Wind Skelotonized & Multifunction
    Smatwatche: Moto3601st Gen
    Seiko 5 SNZJ19J1 / 7S36 | Starfish AutoQuartz / 5M23 | SRP309 Halloween Monster
    Bulova Gemini Valjoux | Other Quartz | Automatic BVA

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    62

    Re: Citizen Quality Opinions

    [QUOTE=grapedrink;33540858]Just make sure you buy Attesa grade or higher and you won't have any issues. My Satellie Citizen watch (only one in the world with the face / band combination):

    Name:  WP_20160914_08_59_38_Pro.jpg
Views: 940
Size:  572.3 KB
    QUOTE]

    Very nice watch.
    grapedrink likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Opinions on quality of Steinhart straps
      By Aid1987 in forum Straps & Bracelets
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: November 2nd, 2015, 00:31
    2. Opinions on Tag Quality and Purchase
      By Duder in forum Public Forum
      Replies: 66
      Last Post: October 14th, 2011, 22:14
    3. Need opinions on a LIMES watch (price/quality)
      By chris_in_osaka in forum German watches
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: May 2nd, 2009, 11:16
    4. Marathon Quality - Comments, Opinions
      By djmundle in forum Dive watches
      Replies: 48
      Last Post: March 14th, 2008, 10:07
    5. Opinions on Steinhart watches quality ?
      By markrichardsonno9 in forum Pilots' & Military watches
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: July 10th, 2007, 10:15

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •