Video Review: Citizen Eco-Drive World Perpetual A-T - Page 3
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Video Review: Citizen Eco-Drive World Perpetual A-T

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Video Review: Citizen Eco-Drive World Perpetual A-T

Augur,

This watch will be heavier than the quartz stilettos and titaniums but not noticeably so. It's about halfway between a traditional mechanical diver and a quartz...good light moderate heft. In comparison to other watches of comparable size, I'd say it's close to the middle...on a scale of 1 to 10 where 10 is the heaviest, I'd say it's about a 6.

I'm sure others will provide additional commentary.

Dan
    Last edited by Dan-LAX; July 30th, 2012 at 06:53.
    “Time is free, but it’s priceless. You can’t own it, but you can use it. You can’t keep it, but you can spend it. Once you’ve lost it, you can never get it back.” H. MacKay
    Hidden Content

I've bought it one month ago and I say it is almost perfect on my wrist. As you noticed, I would have expected a better lume. It works flawlessy !

Poking around the threads --

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-LAX View Post
    The watch doesn't have a battery level indicator. So long as the seconds hand operates normally, then the battery level is okay. Low battery indication is accomplished via the seconds hand. When the seconds hand jumps every two seconds, then the battery is low and must be recharged. So, since there's no way to 'check' battery status, I can't video it.
    I've got one (slightly updated, with the cities on the bezel instead of under the crystal), and it can show if the battery is low-medium charged. When you push the button to check on the atomic sync, if the seconds hand goes straight to the "Ok-Rx-No" window, it's near full charge. But, if the seconds hand swings backward a quarter-revolution, the charge is getting low and can benefit from a good top-up.

So:
    Two-second jumps: very low charge;
    Quarter-turn backswing upon pressing the sync button: kinda low, but will run OK.
    Instantly spin upon pressing the sync button: Full charge.

Anyway, I discovered this only a few weeks ago (after owning mine for about a year), and thought I'd mention it here.
    bryan123456 likes this.

I bought this watch a few weeks ago here in The Netherlands, but it has a different number.
    CB0010-02E and it's the black version.

Name:  IMAG0064.jpg
Views: 1198
Size:  91.5 KB

I have mine for about a year now, came from Singapore type CB0011-00E and still enjoying it on a Hirsch strap.

Name:  _AWV8985_zps63b0e3ac.jpg
Views: 1143
Size:  212.9 KB

Name:  _AWV9020_zpse92bc0cc.jpg
Views: 1020
Size:  217.1 KB

Excellent review and responses. I recently obtained a CB0020-50E, calibre H144, with the 20BAR case. Similar to the above, but cities are on an outer bezel. No box, no papers, from a pawn shop. Beautiful condition but stored in the dark for quite some time, took three days to get the battery fully recharged then three more before it recognized the signal from Ft Collins. All is well now, expansion link enroute from Torrence CA, so by week's end I'll be sporting it on my wrist.

Thanks for your great text and video review. I just purchased one and really like the look and function. I don't travel a lot, but do go to Europe at least once a year, and this will help keep time accurate while switching time zones.

I got a great deal from a seller who purchases Costco over-runs or stock clearances.
    -------
    Hidden Content
    "I teach, this needs an explanation?"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3