WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Another Good Read - Pursuit of Perfection at MKII

1K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Pentameter 
#1 ·
:) Hey All, It looks like this just went up on the MKII site today. I found this to be very interesting -

PoP - Watch Hands, Pt. 1

:think: It offers a lot of insight into the extent Bill Yao goes to, in order to turn out such an excellent, high-quality product.

Enjoy!

|>|>

#4 ·
Very cool. I like it when he let's us peek behind the curtain to see what the wizard is up to these days.

Blue skies, y'all!
-only jake

#5 ·
Right on for throwing this our way.

#8 ·
Be keeping an eye on that nassau.

#10 ·
I've had a lot of inquiries on the hands on my Steinhart Ocean Black subalike that I had made into a MilSub. The answer is they're Omega SM300 hands, with a very intriguing curve to them - must be those Universo hands. When Steinhart starting making a milsub (Ocean Vintage Military), I noticed the hands are flat.

Reactions: Fullers1845
#12 ·
from the interview he did with Worn and Wound:

w&w: Do you have a favorite MKII project and why or why not?

BY: Usually my favorite project is the latest one. This is because we normally do at least one thing for each model that puts us outside our comfort zone so that we learn something. If you made me choose I would have to say the Kingston and Paradive have been my favorites. The Kingston because it's a watch I would have done eventually whether there was a market for it or not. Fortunately for me I wasn't alone in my interest in that project. The downside was that I probably pushed the envelope too far on that project which led to the notorious delivery delays.

The Paradive, because it is based on my favorite military dive watch. The shape overall is as close to ideal as I have worn and seen in a tool watch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.