Thread: any suggestion for a rubber/silicone band for a paradive?

any suggestion for a rubber/silicone band for a paradive?

i want to get a replacement rubber or silicone band for a pre-owned paradive i picked up that came with a maratac black nato as well as a cheapie grey/black bad copy of a bond nato....the previous owner did not include the mkii issue rubber strap/band that origianlly came came with it.....

depending on the day my wrist is as small as 7.25inches and as big as 7.5 inches

any suggestions for a replacement rubber or silicone band to fit the 20mm lugs?.....i do not see any 20mm ones for sale on the mkii web site in the accessories section....does mr yao offer the 20mm straps if i email and ask to buy one?......if not does anyone have suggestions for a decent replacement band?.....i looked at the isofrane site and like them but would prefer not to drop a c-note or more for a rubber strap....to me they also look like they would be a bit of overkill for the paradive...

any and all guidance from you guys would be appreciated as i am quite the newbie when it comes to replacement bands for mkii watches other than the standard natos and zulus....feel free to also suggest sizes and any dealer for the band(s) you might suggest

thanks

zivadavis

Re: any suggestion for a rubber/silicone band for a paradive?

Try a traditional black rubber tropic. There are several I've seen coming out of Italy that are nice. Caution: rubber (natural) good. Silicone BAD.
    Cpotters

The Line-up:

Tudor 7928, Bunch of beat-up old Rolexes, MKII Custom Stingray 50, MKII LRRP, MKII TR-1000, MKII Kingston, Benrus Type I, Benrus Ultra-deep Super-compressor plus other super-Cs, 60's Zodiac Seawolfand Super Seawolf, Breitling Chronomat, ...

and lots of other vintage stuff.

Yao

If you e-mail us you can also buy a natural rubber strap that we supply with the Paradive. It should be in the E-boutique but we need to take new photos so its not listed.

Quote Originally Posted by cpotters View Post
    Try a traditional black rubber tropic. There are several I've seen coming out of Italy that are nice. Caution: rubber (natural) good. Silicone BAD.
    thanks for the heads up.....i have looked at the tropic rubber bands but would not know a good one from a bad one.....any guidance or suggestions would be appreciated

what's the deal with silicone being BAD......bad from a health perspective or bad from a performance perspective or both?

i will check out the tropics as i would not mind having a second rubber band in addition to the one mr yao has indicated is available if i email them......

thanks

zivadavis

Quote Originally Posted by Yao View Post
    If you e-mail us you can also buy a natural rubber strap that we supply with the Paradive. It should be in the E-boutique but we need to take new photos so its not listed.
    thank you for your input mr yao!!!.....i will email you guys about getting one as soon as i answer everyone who has responded to this thread....

thanks for the links to some sources....i will check them out

as i indicated above i will get one from mkii and will pick up a second rubber band (can't have too many straps/bands...lol)

zivadavis

Try the 20mm Marathon SAR series rubber strap. Very nice.
    YOU ARE
    WHAT YOU DO
    WHEN IT COUNTS

Dennis Smith

24 Hour Forum Moderator

2010 AirNautic Early Bird (#1&#50)
    2012 Glycine "1953" Airman
    Rolex GMT Master II Pepsi
    Zenith DeLuca

Quote Originally Posted by zivadavis View Post
    thanks for the heads up.....i have looked at the tropic rubber bands but would not know a good one from a bad one.....any guidance or suggestions would be appreciated

what's the deal with silicone being BAD......bad from a health perspective or bad from a performance perspective or both?

i will check out the tropics as i would not mind having a second rubber band in addition to the one mr yao has indicated is available if i email them......

thanks

zivadavis
    Don't worry, no health problems, just annoying lint collectors, and the rubber feels more comfortable
    Cpotters

The Line-up:

Tudor 7928, Bunch of beat-up old Rolexes, MKII Custom Stingray 50, MKII LRRP, MKII TR-1000, MKII Kingston, Benrus Type I, Benrus Ultra-deep Super-compressor plus other super-Cs, 60's Zodiac Seawolfand Super Seawolf, Breitling Chronomat, ...

and lots of other vintage stuff.

Thread Information