E-boutique going live soon
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: E-boutique going live soon

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Yao

E-boutique going live soon

We will be switching over the domains from our old store to the new one in the next 12-24 hours. Our target is to get the store up and running by Sept. 3rd so that we can get back to business as usual.

What you can expect:

* E-mail will be unreliable for the next few days. I would recommend using the Customer Service Portal (use this link to directly get into it.) The main site and the E-boutique will be off and on this weekend. If I get the changeover done correctly you might not even notice. If you do notice then something has gone wrong and we are fixing it.

* DO NOT TRY TO PURCHASE ANYTHING on the E-Boutique UNTIL I POST AN UPDATE. At the latest we should be back online on Sept. 3rd.

* You should be able to find your tickets on the Customer Service Portal but you may not be able to login to the E-boutique because I haven't transferred your account information over yet. When I do you will get an automated e-mail with new password for the new system.

* Thanks for everyone's patience. The new store's capabilities are incredible. It should make your experience more pleasant and rewarding and allow me to spend more time on the stuff that matters, Customer Service, Project Development (300/GMT), and making watches.

I will apologize in advance when the system does goofy stuff in the following week (Basically we have to go live in order to complete the installation of a number of key pieces of software so stuff is going to move around). There are a lot of details to tie down, like automated e-mails, etc. But do not worry the new system is much more secure than the old one so that shouldn't be an issue.
    Chromejob and serdal23 like this.

Yao

Re: E-boutique going live soon

We are switching over the servers. See you guys on the other side.
    heebs, rmasso, cpotters and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao View Post
    Thanks for keeping us in the loop Bill. These are the critical things that we are all hoping for.

...It should make your experience more pleasant and rewarding and allow me to spend more time on the stuff that matters, Customer Service, Project Development (300/GMT), and making watches.
    Fingers crossed that the transition goes well.
    OmegaCosmicMan and serdal23 like this.

Reminds me of Apollo 13 when they went on the other side of the moon. Darkness, silence, until they came back around and their Speedy assisted in getting them home safely!

Also, I have been waiting very patiently, but any new news on the Pilot watch project? Still waiting patiently.

Good luck Bill! See you on the flip-side!

Rich

A quick DNS flush and we have real slick looking new site in progress. I'm feeling it. Right on.
    Last edited by Knoc; August 30th, 2013 at 21:03.
    Knoc
    |Underground Inventive. Overground Effective​|
    Sinn:
    EZM-13 | Rolex: SDC-4000 (ref:116600) | MKII Nassua- Red T (#30) | Omega: PO-8500 (42mm) | OWC: 9411 NC | Marathon: SAR (2006 Gen) | Damasko: DC66 | OWC: 6538 NC

Even with most of the new site unavailable until the launch date, it already looks much more user friendly. Best wishes for a successful launch!

Cheers,
    Packleader
    Last edited by Packleader; September 1st, 2013 at 07:44.

Looking forward to the new site.
    cpotters likes this.
    Divers - Pre Sub Doxa 300m Dive Watch - Doxa Sub 300T Professional (US Divers) - Ocean7 LM-7 Ploprof - Ocean7 LM-7 Plorof Pro Titanium -Rolex 1665 SD-Rolex 1680 -Rolex 16610 Submariner - MKII Stingray 60 - MKII Kingston Gilt/non date - MKII Kingston Gilt/Date - Orthos 300 Commander
    Others- MKII Key West GMT(on the way) - Rolex GMT 16750 - IWC Calatrava - Ocean7 LM-5 GMT- Maurice Lacroix Calendrier Retrograde - Longines Hour Angle Lindberg - Tudor "Big Block" Chrono

Myla's Favorite's Doxa Sub 200 Coralline, Omega Seamaster 120 - Rolex Datejust 18k/SS - Chronosport Panther - Maurice Lacroix - Omega 14k Mesh - Tag Heuer TT Aquaracer

Yao

So far so good. The changeover has been relatively painless, aside from all the work involved. Right now we are doing testing and getting back in the swing of normal operations. There will be some rough edges when we launch the site but short of a full catastrophe we plan to launch on Friday (Sept. 6th) - inputting all of the data took more time than expected. We could go live right now but I want to do some more testing. If things go according to plan we should be back to normal next week.

* E-mails are up and should be working fine
    * When the site goes live you will receive an e-mail with a new password for the new e-boutique.
    * To be honest I don't know right now if your old orders will show up in the new site but the Customer Service Portal will still have the relevant information. If I can't get them to upload I hope there won't be mass panic as the old system didn't do a good job in this respect. This is the real issue with transitioning to a new system. No matter how much material you read to get ready you never really know exactly what's going to happen until after your live.

Thanks again for everyone's support and continued patience.
    cpotters likes this.

Awesome, Bill! Now, if there is a Fulcrum UTC with date or Nassau 3-6-9 in the eBoutique on Friday, I'll be a happy boy! One can always dream, right?
    JFingers likes this.

Yao

I appreciate the replies but no time right now to go through them all....sorry.

We pushed really hard to try to re-launch the site today but ran into an unexpected formatting problem with the site late this afternoon. Given that its Friday we hope to get this taken care of early next week. At this time we expect to re-launch the E-boutique early next week.

In the mean time I have other admin stuff to fix for the site launch. My brain is really aching for the tranquility of designing and making watches. Thankfully this kind of site re-build only has to be done every once in a blue moon. But we are almost here....just not quite.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information