Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Et Cetera feature: Pre-built watches (aka What the h*ll takes so long!)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Yao

Et Cetera feature: Pre-built watches (aka What the h*ll takes so long!)

I know that many of you already know all of the work that we put into each watch that we ship out but we felt it would be very useful to document it for everyone to see. The level of care and detail may yet exceed the expectations of our loyal fans. We put this detailed post together for you guys over the last few weeks. It is one of what we hope to be a continuing series of articles that we will publish to give everyone an opportunity to learn more about us and watches in general.

Pre-built watches (aka What the h*ll takes so long!)
    Smeg, sunster, Tetraflop and 6 others like this.

Re: Et Cetera feature: Pre-built watches (aka What the h*ll takes so long!)

Wow!

That was amazing, thank you very much for taking the time out to give a glimpse into the creation of an MK II watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao View Post
    I know that many of you already know all of the work that we put into each watch that we ship out but we felt it would be very useful to document it for everyone to see. The level of care and detail may yet exceed the expectations of our loyal fans. We put this detailed post together for you guys over the last few weeks. It is one of what we hope to be a continuing series of articles that we will publish to give everyone an opportunity to learn more about us and watches in general.

Pre-built watches (aka What the h*ll takes so long!)
    Bill, that was absolutely fantastic and it reaffirms why I chose MKII and the Kingston. The level of attention to detail that you give to the watches an the fact that you share this with the consumer is fantastic. Thank you for taking the time to put that together and post it. I appreciate it.

Rich

Well done Bill, that was a very enjoyable way to spend 5 minutes. Great photos and info
    Watch list:

Rolex Submariner 114060, Rolex Explorer II 216570, Omega Speedmaster Pro 3570.50
    , MKII LRRP UTC, Seiko Orange Boss SKA291P1, Casio G-Shock M5600

Fantastic! Luckily, I have a watchmaker nearby who allows me to watch him at work. Last Spring, I collected my wife's Rolex at his workshop and he rebuilt the watch while I was watching him. At that moment, I realised that watchmaking is an art, not a job. Bill's pictures show clearly that it's something that takes time, patience and craftmanship.

Thanks for sharing.

Menno
    Dive watches; not only for underwater

true art
    old fashioned craftsmanship (rare to see these days) coupled with fanatic attention to detail and modern technology...imho a perfect synergy.

Thumbs Up Re: Et Cetera feature: Pre-built watches (aka What the h*ll takes so long!)

Thanks Bill, for showing us this. I appreciate your work and your dedication to quality much more- Have a Great Day-

Kingston build details

Thanks Bill for your informative slide show. Incredible details and what patience. Keep up the good work!

As stated once before, the attention to detail that goes into a MKII and a MKII Custom are a bargain by my standards. Thanks for the clip Bill, keep up the good work and thanks in advance for all that's going into mine.

Sean
    “Watch fanatic? Hardly, I’m more of a watch strap junkie that owns a couple watches.”

Thanks, Bill. I actually did wonder what the hell took so long Your attention to detail is why I keep coming back to MkII watches and why my other watches (including Rolex) sit in the watch box. I don't know if it's even fair to call these watches "pre-built" anymore. Keep up the good work!

Scott

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information