MKII Accuracy Survey - Page 2
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: MKII Accuracy Survey

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Banned

Re: MKII Accuracy Survey and my new Paradive

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaCosmicMan View Post
    Since I posted earlier above concerning my new Paradive, I thought I might provide an update. I knew the watch gained time relatively rapidly (compared to when it is on the wrist, when it is essentially dead on through the day) once it was rested on its back in the case, so I tried resting it in other positions to see what effect that had.

I found that with the watch resting on the 9-o'clock side (HRV down) inclined about 10 degrees from vertical, that the watch showed minimal gain overnight, so far never more than one second fast. I also did not 'top-off' the mainspring by manually winding. I wore it, set it, rested it; about 14 hours on the wrist and ten hours off. I set it to a GPS satellite-controlled clock at work on Sunday morning at 10 AM. From the pictures tonight, you can see since then, it is about a second fast; maybe a little less.

Some pictures of the watch compared to the satellite clock system this evening:

Attachment 773138Attachment 773137

I am very, very pleased with this. Bill has done an excellent job- Thanks Bill!

-Cheers to all....

That's an excellent accuracy, indeed!

Thanks a lot for sharing, and wear your gorgeous timepiece in the best of health . . .

Capt. Serdal

Hello all, an update on the new Paradive: As noted above, the watch will gain time when rested on it's back side, but if it is inclined resting with 9 o'clock down, the time gain while resting seems to be about 3/4 to 1 second fast over about a nine or ten hour period. As noted above, I usually wore the watch for 14-15 hours per day, and it rested the remainder on it's side. The watch was not reset during this time-frame, and was not manually wound - only wound automatically by wearing. Each day I would check the watch against a GPS satellite clock system used to keep track of frequency variation and control for the electrical system that I operate. Typically, I would notice that the watch was about a second or maybe just a bit more than a second, fast, when I first checked against the GPS clock around 0700 each day. Anyway, the watch was within 1 second fast at the end of each day.

Here are some pictures from early Saturday morning when I checked the watch against the GPS Clock:

Name:  20120728_PD072255.jpg
Views: 647
Size:  248.0 KBName:  20120728_PD072707.jpg
Views: 631
Size:  292.6 KBName:  20120728_PD072713.jpg
Views: 666
Size:  311.2 KB

And of course, I have to add a half-light 'Lume Shot' >> That sapphire bezel is something else

Name:  20120728_PD_Lume.jpg
Views: 622
Size:  265.9 KB

When I left work Saturday evening, I checked it against the GPS clock and it looked to have accumulated between one and two seconds fast from 1000 the previous Sunday until 1844 Saturday. That is pretty amazing and astonishing accuracy!

I remain very, very satisfied with this degree of running accuracy and consistency. Thanks to Bill; another Excellent Job!!

-Best to all....
    Last edited by OmegaCosmicMan; August 4th, 2012 at 15:40. Reason: Correct errors and post correct pictures....
    marchone and serdal23 like this.

Banned

Your beautiful timepiece's accuracy is beyond outstanding, my friend!

I will continue my LRRP UTC 48's accuracy started 13 hours ago, and will compare it with GPS tonight at work. I am also checking the accuracy of my atomic signal programs (Apps) on my cell phone to see they are also accurate with GPS comparison.

Thanks a lot for sharing, and wear it in the best of health . . .

Capt. Serdal

My LRRP GMT is one the most accurate automatic watch I've ever owned. My Kington gains about 5 minutes a week. I've got to send it back to Bill to check it out. gman54

Re: MKII Accuracy Survey (Now, the Kingston!)

Greetings all,

For the next installment of my personal accuracy appraisal of MK II's, I wore my Kingston to work for the week.
    I set it on the first evening by comparing to the GPS satellite clock system you've seen in my previous posts above, and then wore it through my week at work.

Initial setting on the 5th of August...

Name:  20120805_King00.jpg
Views: 590
Size:  318.5 KB

(Sorry- Another shot at work- I love this thing....)

Name:  20120805_King-work.jpg
Views: 558
Size:  293.7 KB

continued.....

So, by the morning of the 7th of August the Kingston had gained some time.

As before, my method was to not wind the watch manually to 'top it off' - it was only wound by wearing. It was on the wrist for 14-15 hours per day, and resting on its 9 o'clock side when not being worn.

Name:  20120807_King_0630.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  306.5 KB

By the first picture, it looks to have gained about four seconds fast.

I did change out the wonderful and light MK II riveted oyster bracelet for the very nice Hadley Roma Bracelet, prior to returning for work the evening of the 8th.

Name:  20120808_204941-1.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  331.5 KB

(1 more episode to finish....)

The Kingston continued to gain time. It seemed to always be a second or two faster when I started work at 1900. As before, I did not reset or adjust the watch during this week, in order to determine the accuracy over a period of several days and through several daily cycles.

Another picture from August 9, compared against the GPS-Satellite clock....

Name:  20120809_King_212107.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  300.4 KB

Finally, shortly before the end of my week at work, here is the Kingston compared to the GPS Clock.

Name:  20120812_King-end.jpg
Views: 536
Size:  292.9 KB

It looks like it ended up gaining 10 to 11.5 seconds compared to the GPS satellites.

Not bad at all for a six-and-a-half day run...This is isn't as accurate as the Paradive, but I think the Kingston was only adjusted in four positions, (instead of six as my Paradive was).

Next up, during this week will be the Vantage.

Enjoy those wonderfully accurate MK II's folks.....

-Best to all.

Banned

Thank you very much for this awesome accuracy tests, my friend.

Indeed, MKII timepieces are extremely accurate. That is one reason I fell in love with this brand, and that's why another MKII is almost on his way to me

Very Best Regards . . .

Capt. Serdal

I picked up a Kingston a week ago. So far it's been +2 a day. Very impressed with the results.
    serdal23 likes this.
    Globemaster 130.30.39.21.03.001
    GW-5000HR-1JF
    MRG-G1000D
    SBGA001, SRPA19K, SRPB01K
    116400GV, 116610LV, 116520

Re: MKII Accuracy Survey

Ever since I had my Kingston serviced and regulated (the movement was out of control when I bought it second hand) it ran just fine at about +6 secs/day.
    After wearing my Tudor for a while, I decided it was time for the Kingston once again.
    To my surprise I noticed the Kingston's accuracy had somehow changed to -1secs/day. Been wearing it for 3 weeks straight now and it still is dead on accurate to the second! Sometimes when I check it's -1 or +1 but it always levels out. Really pleased with that. At night it rests dial up.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast