MKII Accuracy Survey - Page 3
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: MKII Accuracy Survey

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: MKII Accuracy Survey and my new Paradive

I picked up my Nassau from another WUS member back in January.
    After wearing it for a few weeks I thought I would hack it and keep track of the accuracy. Low and behold after about 2 days it was very fast, like +/- 20s/day. This had me concerned so I tried a few different things. Laid it on it's back for a day.. nothing. Crown up, crown down... nothing.
    Then I decided to try something else. I usually take the watch off for bed and lay it on my nightstand Bose radio, right over the speaker. Could this be the problem ???

Sure enough, I took it off the radio and left it on the table itself to let it run out of PR. A few days later I put the watch on and hacked it about 2 hours after wearing it. Checked the time 48hrs later and voila +3s in 48 hours.

Lesson learned.
    gnome666 and Fullers1845 like this.
    Tissot PRC 100 | Stowa Flieger Automatic | MKII Nassau | Alpina Startimer Chrono Big Date | Seiko SRPA21 Prospex Turtle

MKII Accuracy Survey

Quote Originally Posted by harrym71 View Post
    ... After wearing it for a few weeks I thought I would hack it and keep track of the accuracy. Low and behold after about 2 days it was very fast, like +/- 20s/day. This had me concerned so I tried a few different things. Laid it on it's back for a day.. nothing. Crown up, crown down... nothing.
    Then I decided to try something else. I usually take the watch off for bed and lay it on my nightstand Bose radio, right over the speaker. Could this be the problem ???
    (facepalm) Um ... yeah!! Speakers have magnets in them. Whatever possessed you to do that... LOL with you, not at you.

N.B. Those with Qi wireless chargers for phones/tablets, do NOT put your watch on that unless it's a smart watch designed for wireless charging.

// Tapatalk on iPad Mini - Misspelling courtesy of Logitech folio kybd //
    harrym71 likes this.
    Hidden Content

MK II Kingston "Bond"; Key West "Pussy Galore"; Nassau 3-6-9; Graywater GMT. O&W M4, M5. Orient EV09, ER1S (2010 STI Series I). Seikos: SKXA47K (2005), 7T32-6M59 (1991), H558-5009 (1985), 7A48-7000 (my precious! 1985), 7009-4040 (1980?), 6117-6410 (1974). Steinhart Ocean Black DLC MilSub mod. Tissot TXL Digital7.

Re: MKII Accuracy Survey

my Nassau is between +1 to +2spd. excellent.
    OmegaCosmicMan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromejob View Post
    (facepalm) Um ... yeah!! Speakers have magnets in them. Whatever possessed you to do that... LOL with you, not at you.

N.B. Those with Qi wireless chargers for phones/tablets, do NOT put your watch on that unless it's a smart watch designed for wireless charging.

Funny thing is all my other mechanical watches have always been placed on there and never had an issue.
    They all pretty much have the same movement.
    Weird huh.
    Tissot PRC 100 | Stowa Flieger Automatic | MKII Nassau | Alpina Startimer Chrono Big Date | Seiko SRPA21 Prospex Turtle

Quote Originally Posted by harrym71 View Post
    Funny thing is all my other mechanical watches have always been placed on there and never had an issue.
    They all pretty much have the same movement.
    Weird huh.
    No. Mechanical watches are susceptible to magnetizing, some may have better movement protection than others. It doesn't mean it's advisable practice to rest the watch near magnetic components. ;)

harrym71 and OmegaCosmicMan like this.
    Hidden Content

MK II Kingston "Bond"; Key West "Pussy Galore"; Nassau 3-6-9; Graywater GMT. O&W M4, M5. Orient EV09, ER1S (2010 STI Series I). Seikos: SKXA47K (2005), 7T32-6M59 (1991), H558-5009 (1985), 7A48-7000 (my precious! 1985), 7009-4040 (1980?), 6117-6410 (1974). Steinhart Ocean Black DLC MilSub mod. Tissot TXL Digital7.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromejob View Post
    No. Mechanical watches are susceptible to magnetizing, some may have better movement protection than others. It doesn't mean it's advisable practice to rest the watch near magnetic components. ;)

Oh yeah, I agree and now do not place any watches on the radio.

Lesson learned.
    OmegaCosmicMan and Chromejob like this.

I'll try letting them run out of PR and see if they settle out. The only magnets I'm aware of them being near are magnetic-closure chest flaps on my shirt-jacket. They're fairly strong for small magnets, but I can't imagine strong enough to interfere with the accuracy of the watches.
    ~ Eric

Quote Originally Posted by elbilo View Post
    I'll try letting them run out of PR and see if they settle out. The only magnets I'm aware of them being near are magnetic-closure chest flaps on my shirt-jacket. They're fairly strong for small magnets, but I can't imagine strong enough to interfere with the accuracy of the watches.
    Didn't work. Both returned to losing about 9 sec/day. Submitted a ticket through the CS portal.
    ~ Eric

Quote Originally Posted by elbilo View Post
    Didn't work. Both returned to losing about 9 sec/day. Submitted a ticket through the CS portal.

Try De-gaussing your watch before sending it off.... Degaussing a watch
    Darwin likes this.
    Cpotters

The Line-up:

Tudor 7928, Bunch of beat-up old Rolexes, MKII Custom Stingray 50, MKII LRRP, MKII TR-1000, MKII Kingston, Benrus Type I, Benrus Ultra-deep Super-compressor plus other super-Cs, 60's Zodiac Seawolfand Super Seawolf, Breitling Chronomat, ...

and lots of other vintage stuff.Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by cpotters View Post
    Try De-gaussing your watch before sending it off.... Degaussing a watch
    Please note that if the watch is still in our limited warranty period. The home remedy suggested is subject to voiding any warranty coverage if the watch has movement issues anytime after you've completed the suggested home fix.

MK II Service
    Mk II Watches Worldwide Service & Repair Center

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information