MKII Accuracy Survey - Page 4
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: MKII Accuracy Survey

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: MKII Accuracy Survey and my new Paradive

Quote Originally Posted by elbilo View Post
    Didn't work. Both returned to losing about 9 sec/day. Submitted a ticket through the CS portal.
    Just an update. I've had some communication with James. It seems the issue may have been my watch winder. Since storing them in my watch box and wearing them in rotation, they seem to be improving. Since 2/10, they averaged a loss of 4-6 sec/day. On 2/12, the Nassau lost 16 sec, but improved to -6 sec the next day. Over the past two days, it has gained 1 and 0 sec! I'm going to monitor them for maybe another week to get a better picture, so they may get sent in for an adjustment. All in all, I've had a great experience with James/MK II Customer Service.
    Chromejob and Fullers1845 like this.
    ~ Eric

I picked up a Kingston a week ago. So far it's been +2 a day. Very impressed with the results.
    serdal23 likes this.
    Globemaster 130.30.39.21.03.001
    GW-5000HR-1JF
    MRG-G1000D
    SBGA001, SRPA19K, SRPB01K
    116400GV, 116610LV, 116520

Re: MKII Accuracy Survey

Ever since I had my Kingston serviced and regulated (the movement was out of control when I bought it second hand) it ran just fine at about +6 secs/day.
    After wearing my Tudor for a while, I decided it was time for the Kingston once again.
    To my surprise I noticed the Kingston's accuracy had somehow changed to -1secs/day. Been wearing it for 3 weeks straight now and it still is dead on accurate to the second! Sometimes when I check it's -1 or +1 but it always levels out. Really pleased with that. At night it rests dial up.

Same here: about +1s./day. Must be the climate overhere in Holland, Hub (or... is it Bill's craftmanship...)

Menno
    Dive watches; not only for underwater

In my case I would have to thank mr. Schweitzer for the accuracy :)

Quote Originally Posted by Thieuster View Post
    Same here: about +1s./day. Must be the climate overhere in Holland, Hub (or... is it Bill's craftmanship...)

Menno
    I think it's Bill. Both my Kingston's run similarly. Both very accurate.
    Rich

Time for a 4.5 day accuracy test. Dad and I hacked his dated Sub and my Kingston this afternoon while I'm home. Started the hack at 1630 this afternoon, but just now got around to taking a pic.

If it looks a second or two off, I think it is just the angle of the camera, because it looks hacked to me.

We'll see what happens, but I have high hopes!

Nerd phone -> Tapatalk2
    Haves: Key West | U-2 | Kingston | 3572 | Vantage | 856
    Dreams:
    X-33 SE | Speedyorite | BLNR | Weltzeit | DC86 | A-13A HA

First off, I am no accuracy freak. It's one reason I wear a mechanical wstch.

Funny thing here, though. My Kingston has been running a few seconds slow /24 hrrs since I got it in February. For that reason I always leave it dial up on my nightstand.

The other day I looked down and noticed it was a minute or two ahead of another clock. Checked Time.is, and sure enough it is now running about +5 sec/24hrs.

I'm going to try leaving it crown up for a few nights and see how that affects it.

As I said, I'm no accuracy freak, and I'd rather it be a few secs ahead than behind.

Tapatalk
    Homage watches democratize history for the common wrist.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Cheers! James

My only MK II is a custom Seafighter I purchased from Bill in Sept. 2008 . It was regulated in 6 positions . It consistently keeps time +/- 1 second per day . I have an Omega PO and a Seamaster GMT that are as accurate , but when you compare the cost of the Omegas to the MK II , the value you get in the MK II is simply amazing .
    Joe

Hello, All!

A couple of months ago (time flies when you are having fun...), I started posting accuracy survey results here for my MKII's. In August, I wore my Vantage to work and checked it against a GPS Satellite Clock according to the same methodology I had outlined earlier in posts above (concerning my new Paradive and my Kingston). As I said previously, I work a twelve-hour, seven-day shift, either nights or days from 7 to 7 (or 0700-1900, or 1900-0700). My Vantage is not a custom, it is one of the last forty Mr. Yao made, and at the time this appraisal was done, it was almost a year old.

On August 19, I hacked the Vantage to the satellite clock after I came on shift.

Name:  20120819_1926_Van.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  310.1 KB

I wore the watch normally after that, and did not hand-wind or reset the watch. My normal routine has me wearing the watch for about fifteen hours or so, and then it would rest for the other nine hours or so while I rest.

I found that the Vantage would end up losing about a half a second during the time that I actually wore it, but it would make up that time while it was resting, so when I returned to work, the time would be within a quarter second of what it was supposed to be, usually just a touch fast. At the end of the shift, about eleven to twelve hours later, it was consistently about a half a second slow.

At the end of six days and eleven hours it was about a half a second slow.

Name:  20120826_0600_Van.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  290.5 KB

That is very good accuracy for a mechanical watch!

I am very satisfied with these results!!

Thank You, Bill, for this classic masterpiece, and your care in making it.

-Best to all, enjoy those MKII's-

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information