MKII Accuracy Survey - Page 5
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: MKII Accuracy Survey

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Re: MKII Accuracy Survey

Since my magnetization adventure my Sea Fighter has settled down a lot. I'm trying not to wear out the crown tube by hacking it too often, so I decided that since it runs fast, I'd hack it exactly one minute slow, then when it got to be one minute fast, I'd hack it for two minutes again. That way half the time it's actually getting MORE accurate every day, and I don't care much about a minute these days.

So I hacked it after coming back from a trip to Miami on March 16th since I had to reset it to Central Time. One minute slow. March has 31 days, so I didn't have to touch the crown then. April has 30, so I checked it against time.is on April 30th. Still not a minute fast, so I just rolled the date back without hacking and screwed the crown back in. May has 31 days, but I was starting to run a little fast. It was almost exactly a minute fast on Friday, May 31st, so I went ahead and set it down for the long weekend, then wound it and reset it on Monday.

So that's 120 seconds gained from March 16th to May 31st, or 76 days, so it's running +1.58s/d for two and a half months.

For me this is pretty much optimum accuracy. I can hack the watch on the days I need to reset the date and just let it run in the meantime. I'd need a perpetual calendar to get any use out of more accuracy.
    Guys, I really really really do understand that there was a hack and that my password was reset, but I'm about to take a year off from WUS if you can't stop telling me about it every time I log in. With my password. That you reset.

Well, my Nassau usually runs between +/- 0 and +/-7secs a day, so I'm happy! It lost (or gained, can't remember) around 35 secs in a whole month! It's by far my most accurate watch.
    My Watches
    Mk II Nassau; Smiths Everest

Not bad when on my wrist for a few days:

It got a bit worse after a couple of days on the winder. I'd add the pic but I guess WUS doesn't like images shared from Dropbox for some reason.
    Last edited by Dr JonboyG; June 9th, 2013 at 02:24.

I just did a two week accuracy test with my Kingston. Wore it everyday and night, taking it off to shower, clean it and change straps.
    Timed off a atomic clock on phone. In two weeks my Kingston gains 73 seconds. That's about 5 seconds a day I guess. Can't really complain with that given the amount of abuse it goes through.

Timed over a two week period, my Kingston is within 1 second per day. It's no wonder all my other watches gather dust.

Nice. Mine will go in for a check at some point. It's been a lot better then that before. I really have beat this thing up. Drops and the fact that I'm left handed and wear on my left...and I don't baby it

Re: MKII Accuracy Survey and my new Paradive

My nassau is within +4-5 seconds a day and easily matches my Tudor and Xetum. Other than those two it puts every other watch I have to shame. Though the Cayman 3000 might give it a run for its money when it arrives :)
    Tudor: Pelagos Omega: Speedmaster Professional 3570.50 Sinn: 103 ST, 203 ST Crepas: Cayman 3000 Archimede: Outdoor Protect Tempest: Commodore Boschett: Harpoon UNIMATIC: U1-B Dagaz: T-II Typhoon Edox: Hydrosub Steinhart: Ocean Vintage Military, Ocean Vintage Red, Ocean Vintage GMT Halios: Puck DLC, Delfin MKII: Nassau Smiths: PRS-68 Hamilton: Khaki Mechanical Gavox​: Squadron Orient: Ray, Black+Blue Citizen: Nighthawk VSA: Infantry GMT, Swiss Army Raider Luminox: Colormark 3152, F-117 Nighthawk 3402 Seiko: SKX007, SBBN017, Marinemaster 300 Nite: Nato MX20 Alt. Model L&H: Orthos Commander 300 Deep Blue: Master 1000, Daylight Rescue T-100 GMT Helm: Vanuatu

Sic'em Bears.

My Paradive (a little over 2 years old) and my 369 Nassau (4 months old) have both been spot on. In fact, they have been synced to one another since the day they became roommates in the watch winder. They continue to be synced, but now they're gradually losing time. They lost about 18 seconds over the last 2 days. It's not the most dramatic shift in accuracy, but should I be concerned?
    ~ Eric

I picked up my Nassau from another WUS member back in January.
    After wearing it for a few weeks I thought I would hack it and keep track of the accuracy. Low and behold after about 2 days it was very fast, like +/- 20s/day. This had me concerned so I tried a few different things. Laid it on it's back for a day.. nothing. Crown up, crown down... nothing.
    Then I decided to try something else. I usually take the watch off for bed and lay it on my nightstand Bose radio, right over the speaker. Could this be the problem ???

Sure enough, I took it off the radio and left it on the table itself to let it run out of PR. A few days later I put the watch on and hacked it about 2 hours after wearing it. Checked the time 48hrs later and voila +3s in 48 hours.

Lesson learned.
    Fullers1845 and gnome666 like this.
    | MKII Nassau |

MKII Accuracy Survey

Quote Originally Posted by harrym71 View Post
    ... After wearing it for a few weeks I thought I would hack it and keep track of the accuracy. Low and behold after about 2 days it was very fast, like +/- 20s/day. This had me concerned so I tried a few different things. Laid it on it's back for a day.. nothing. Crown up, crown down... nothing.
    Then I decided to try something else. I usually take the watch off for bed and lay it on my nightstand Bose radio, right over the speaker. Could this be the problem ???
    (facepalm) Um ... yeah!! Speakers have magnets in them. Whatever possessed you to do that... LOL with you, not at you.

N.B. Those with Qi wireless chargers for phones/tablets, do NOT put your watch on that unless it's a smart watch designed for wireless charging.

// Tapatalk on iPad Mini - Misspelling courtesy of Logitech folio kybd //
    harrym71 likes this.
    Hidden Content

MK II Kingston "Bond"; Key West "Pussy Galore"; Nassau 3-6-9; Graywater GMT. O&W M4, M5. Orient EV09, ER1S (2010 STI Series I). Seikos: SKXA47K (2005), 7T32-6M59 (1991), H558-5009 (1985), 7A48-7000 (my precious! 1985), 7009-4040 (1980?), 6117-6410 (1974). Steinhart Ocean Black DLC MilSub mod. Tissot TXL Digital7.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information