MKII Accuracy Survey - Page 6
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: MKII Accuracy Survey

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 85
  1. #51
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    247

    Re: MKII Accuracy Survey

    my Nassau is between +1 to +2spd. excellent.
    OmegaCosmicMan likes this.

  2. #52
    Member harrym71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    827

    Re: MKII Accuracy Survey

    Quote Originally Posted by Chromejob View Post
    (facepalm) Um ... yeah!! Speakers have magnets in them. Whatever possessed you to do that... LOL with you, not at you.

    N.B. Those with Qi wireless chargers for phones/tablets, do NOT put your watch on that unless it's a smart watch designed for wireless charging.



    // Tapatalk on iPad Mini - Misspelling courtesy of Logitech folio kybd //

    Funny thing is all my other mechanical watches have always been placed on there and never had an issue.
    They all pretty much have the same movement.
    Weird huh.
    | MKII Nassau |

  3. #53
    Member elbilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New England, USA
    Posts
    827

    Re: MKII Accuracy Survey and my new Paradive

    I'll try letting them run out of PR and see if they settle out. The only magnets I'm aware of them being near are magnetic-closure chest flaps on my shirt-jacket. They're fairly strong for small magnets, but I can't imagine strong enough to interfere with the accuracy of the watches.
    ~ Eric

  4. #54
    Member Chromejob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    “6-1/2 Magic Hours to London”
    Posts
    2,887

    Re: MKII Accuracy Survey

    Quote Originally Posted by harrym71 View Post
    Funny thing is all my other mechanical watches have always been placed on there and never had an issue.
    They all pretty much have the same movement.
    Weird huh.
    No. Mechanical watches are susceptible to magnetizing, some may have better movement protection than others. It doesn't mean it's advisable practice to rest the watch near magnetic components. ;)


    // Tapatalk on iPad Mini - Misspelling courtesy of Logitech folio kybd //
    harrym71 and OmegaCosmicMan like this.
    Hidden Content

    MK II Kingston "Bond"; Key West "Pussy Galore"; Nassau 3-6-9; Graywater GMT. O&W M4, M5. Orient EV09, ER1S (2010 STI Series I). Seikos: SKXA47K (2005), 7T32-6M59 (1991), H558-5009 (1985), 7A48-7000 (my precious! 1985), 7009-4040 (1980?), 6117-6410 (1974). Steinhart Ocean Black DLC MilSub mod. Tissot TXL Digital7.

  5. #55
    Member harrym71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    827

    Re: MKII Accuracy Survey

    Quote Originally Posted by Chromejob View Post
    No. Mechanical watches are susceptible to magnetizing, some may have better movement protection than others. It doesn't mean it's advisable practice to rest the watch near magnetic components. ;)


    // Tapatalk on iPad Mini - Misspelling courtesy of Logitech folio kybd //
    Oh yeah, I agree and now do not place any watches on the radio.

    Lesson learned.
    Chromejob and OmegaCosmicMan like this.
    | MKII Nassau |

  6. #56
    Member elbilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New England, USA
    Posts
    827

    Re: MKII Accuracy Survey and my new Paradive

    Quote Originally Posted by elbilo View Post
    I'll try letting them run out of PR and see if they settle out. The only magnets I'm aware of them being near are magnetic-closure chest flaps on my shirt-jacket. They're fairly strong for small magnets, but I can't imagine strong enough to interfere with the accuracy of the watches.
    Didn't work. Both returned to losing about 9 sec/day. Submitted a ticket through the CS portal.
    ~ Eric

  7. #57
    Member cpotters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Changeable Mid-Atlantic
    Posts
    1,058

    Re: MKII Accuracy Survey and my new Paradive

    Quote Originally Posted by elbilo View Post
    Didn't work. Both returned to losing about 9 sec/day. Submitted a ticket through the CS portal.

    Try De-gaussing your watch before sending it off.... Degaussing a watch
    Darwin likes this.
    Cpotters




    The Line-up:

    Tudor 7928, Bunch of beat-up old Rolexes, MKII Custom Stingray 50, MKII LRRP, MKII TR-1000, MKII Kingston, Benrus Type I, Benrus Ultra-deep Super-compressor plus other super-Cs, 60's Zodiac Seawolfand Super Seawolf, Breitling Chronomat, ...

    and lots of other vintage stuff.Hidden Content

  8. #58
    Member MWWC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Missouri, USA
    Posts
    91

    Re: MKII Accuracy Survey and my new Paradive

    Quote Originally Posted by cpotters View Post
    Try De-gaussing your watch before sending it off.... Degaussing a watch
    Please note that if the watch is still in our limited warranty period. The home remedy suggested is subject to voiding any warranty coverage if the watch has movement issues anytime after you've completed the suggested home fix.

    MK II Service
    Mk II Watches Worldwide Service & Repair Center

  9. #59
    Member cpotters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Changeable Mid-Atlantic
    Posts
    1,058

    Re: MKII Accuracy Survey

    Apologies...I didn't realize it was still under warrantee - by all means send it in
    Cpotters




    The Line-up:

    Tudor 7928, Bunch of beat-up old Rolexes, MKII Custom Stingray 50, MKII LRRP, MKII TR-1000, MKII Kingston, Benrus Type I, Benrus Ultra-deep Super-compressor plus other super-Cs, 60's Zodiac Seawolfand Super Seawolf, Breitling Chronomat, ...

    and lots of other vintage stuff.Hidden Content

  10. #60
    Member OmegaCosmicMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Alaska - The Last Great Place
    Posts
    1,908

    Re: MKII Accuracy Survey

    My Graywater appears to be running absolutely Dead On, during the wearing cycle I typically use; 6-8 hours per day.

    Inconceivable!

    It's beating my Omega X-33 if it holds up!

    thejollywatcher likes this.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •