MKII Accuracy Survey
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: MKII Accuracy Survey

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Banned

MKII Accuracy Survey

I recently checked my Milsub HRV using the Stopwatch Method in the WUS link below.

Methods of Determining the Accuracy of a Watch

I got +.35 sec/day.

I timed ten successive estimates (using my Chronoswiss Lunar Chronograph) of one minute intervals each to a known reference source (Time.is) rounding up each time to a half second.

I think that's pretty darn good. What's yours?
    serdal23 likes this.

Banned

Re: MKII Accuracy Survey

Accuracy is my weakest point when it comes to time measuring devices, watches.

I spend big bucks at my several watchmakers till getting my lovely timepieces regulated to a maximal / brutal accuracy.

And I want this accuracy from my Automatic timepieces. Many watch lovers do not mind much when it comes to accuracy, but I do. I am obsessed with a top accuracy ever since.

My pre-owned Seafighter was almost spot on. It gained around 1.5 seconds a week, that's 0.2 second a day!

Now, my second MKII (On the way) gains 0.5 second every two weeks, in other words +1 second / month. These accuracy rates are good enough to satisfy my accuracymania!

I wonder if Bill Yao regulates his watches' accuracies before he ships them.

Very Best Regards . . .

Capt. Serdal
    longstride likes this.

Bill does regulate them, the regular models are 3 positions, the customs are 6 positions.
    My first one which is the non date is running abiut 2-3 sec/day slow, the second a GO date model is about 4-5 sec/day fast. that's accurate enough for me! i reset the time about once a week using the atomic clock app on my IPhone.
    serdal23 likes this.
    Divers - Pre Sub Doxa 300m Dive Watch - Doxa Sub 300T Professional (US Divers) - Ocean7 LM-7 Ploprof - Ocean7 LM-7 Plorof Pro Titanium -Rolex 1665 SD-Rolex 1680 -Rolex 16610 Submariner - MKII Stingray 60 - MKII Kingston Gilt/non date - MKII Kingston Gilt/Date - Orthos 300 Commander
    Others- MKII Key West GMT(on the way) - Rolex GMT 16750 - IWC Calatrava - Ocean7 LM-5 GMT- Maurice Lacroix Calendrier Retrograde - Longines Hour Angle Lindberg - Tudor "Big Block" Chrono

Myla's Favorite's Doxa Sub 200 Coralline, Omega Seamaster 120 - Rolex Datejust 18k/SS - Chronosport Panther - Maurice Lacroix - Omega 14k Mesh - Tag Heuer TT Aquaracer

Banned

Thank you very much for this precious info, Arthur.

Your MKII collection is awesome! Wear them in the best of health . . .

Capt. Serdal

Banned

My Milsub HRV is a pre-built. The specs on the website state it's adjusted in four positions.
    serdal23 likes this.

Hi all, i check my Kingston against timeanddate.com, it seems to have picked up about 5 seconds in a week, its the best auto timekeeper i've owned, cheers Skinny
    serdal23 likes this.

GRP

Have not timed my Kingston however it seems to be extremely accurate. Leaves my Omega Planet Ocean for dead.
    serdal23 likes this.

Hello all,

On July 3rd, I received a new Paradive with the 12-hour sapphire bezel from Mark II. This was regulated by Bill in six positions before it was shipped (according to the specifications for the watch). Since that time it has gained about 18 seconds overall, through 1900 on the 14th.

When I went into work a week ago, I initially set it to a GPS satellite clock at around 0720 on the 8th. I have not reset it since that time, so I can see the actual total accumulation over the time period. I would check the watch against the GPS clock through the day - each day, while I was wearing it, it would have gained less than 1 second (fast) after twelve hours wearing at work. Each morning I would check it compared to the GPS clock to see how much it had gained overnight at home. The routine each day was to wear it for about 14-15 hours a day, except for one day when I wore my Vantage instead, so the Paradive was hand-wound about twenty turns and rested in the case that day.

The watch seems to be sensitive to position, since when it is stored laying flat on its back in the case is when it gains the time it has accumulated over the past 12 days or so.

My Kingston Non-Date was about 5 seconds fast over the week at work (compared to the GPS clock) if I remember correctly. The Vantage was 1-2 seconds fast wearing each day over a twelve hour period, and I did time it over a weeks time, and seem to recall it ran about 12-14 seconds gained over a weeks time. (I wrote a note somewhere so I wouldn't forget it, but forgot where I left the note!)

I'll probably look into the timing methods mentioned above, and probably look closer at the over-all accuracy of my watches, but the on-the-wrist accuracy of these MK II's is more than acceptable to me.

-Best to all.
    marchone, White Tuna and serdal23 like this.

Banned

These are excellent accuracies, indeed.

Please keep posting your MKII's accuracies, and wear them in the best of health . . .

Capt. Serdal

Re: MKII Accuracy Survey and my new Paradive

Since I posted earlier above concerning my new Paradive, I thought I might provide an update. I knew the watch gained time relatively rapidly (compared to when it is on the wrist, when it is essentially dead on through the day) once it was rested on its back in the case, so I tried resting it in other positions to see what effect that had.

I found that with the watch resting on the 9-o'clock side (HRV down) inclined about 10 degrees from vertical, that the watch showed minimal gain overnight, so far never more than one second fast. I also did not 'top-off' the mainspring by manually winding. I wore it, set it, rested it; about 14 hours on the wrist and ten hours off. I set it to a GPS satellite-controlled clock at work on Sunday morning at 10 AM. From the pictures tonight, you can see since then, it is about a second fast; maybe a little less.

Some pictures of the watch compared to the satellite clock system this evening:

Name:  20120724_PD3.jpg
Views: 1409
Size:  262.2 KBName:  20120724_PD4.jpg
Views: 1368
Size:  271.7 KB

I am very, very pleased with this. Bill has done an excellent job- Thanks Bill!

-Cheers to all....

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information