rmasso and serdal23 like this.

Re: Project 300: Case back design

Quote Originally Posted by tmoris View Post
    and another article on us master diver's with their badge

Attachment 479259
    Very nice
    Rich

Yao
    I like the circular serpent graphs so far and the "fish" from the RN logo is interesting as well.

Ideally the case back design, if it is more complicated, would tie in well with the name. Of course we are still at the "brain-storming" stage now so let's continue to everything out on the table so to speak.
    OmegaCosmicMan likes this.

I think that the divers logos are great. But... I would not be surprised to find out that these are 'protected' like the British Broadarrow sign. Having said that, a restyled (?) diver's helmet would look great too. That would implicate that the text needs to be in a circle near the outer edge of case back, eg. like the text on a Seiko 6105.

A little off topic perhaps: Bill puts the # on the case back. I think it would be nice to put the # between the lugs, leaving more space for a nice case back design.

Back to the circular serpent I posted earlier. It's a complicated design with lots of details. Perhaps one of us on the forum is some kind of wizz with CAD drawings, Photoshop etc and he (or she!) can simplify the orginal picture, so that it can be placed on the back of the new watch without braking the bank...

Menno

Menno
    OmegaCosmicMan likes this.
    Dive watches; not only for underwater

I really like the serpent

I shy away from any mention of "special ops" in a watch logo for personal reasons. I have worked with special ops guys, and am dear friends with several colonels, one still in from our days back when we were young infantry lieutenants-I never went the special ops route and couldn't wear a watch that displayed any type of specials ops wording, even thou I love the design. Now If I had been an Q course guy guy, Id be all in with those wordings! I guess Im trying to say is, I couldn't wear it unless I did it.
    Kent108, enkidu and OmegaCosmicMan like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bob m View Post
    I really like the serpent

I shy away from any mention of "special ops" in a watch logo for personal reasons. I have worked with special ops guys, and am dear friends with several colonels, one still in from our days back when we were young infantry lieutenants-I never went the special ops route and couldn't wear a watch that displayed any type of specials ops wording, even thou I love the design. Now If I had been an Q course guy guy, Id be all in with those wordings! I guess Im trying to say is, I couldn't wear it unless I did it.
    I agree with that. If the design is going to be inspired by the military it should remain very generic. How about something a little wackier, less literal and perhaps more fun:

Name:  Colossal_octopus_by_Pierre_Denys_de_Montfort.jpg
Views: 3456
Size:  22.1 KB

Things like this and the circular serpent posted earlier would be especially appropriate if the watch takes its name from a sea god or monster.
    Last edited by ljb187; July 27th, 2011 at 23:55.
    Joel_Cairo and Hl247b like this.

I think the serpent caseback paired with the "Seafire" name would be a great combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Thieuster View Post
    That's a very interesting design! The circle shaped form will fit a case back nicely!

I love the ouroboros idea. How about replacing the dragon with a sea serpent or at the very least a snake?

Sticking with my original name suggestion of Argo from the name thread. Here are some Ideas I have. I do not own the Images but will be trying to work something out on my own. If the name and idea of the case back are interesting or intriguing to anyone let me know. Last one is of Argos the builder of jason's ship.
    Name:  the_argo.jpg
Views: 6189
Size:  799.1 KB
    Name:  grkship7.gif
Views: 3578
Size:  14.2 KB
    Name:  gubernaculum_16416_lg.gif
Views: 3597
Size:  37.7 KBGubernaculum Clipart
    vandergl likes this.

Sorry to double post but I also agree with the use of special ops / forces. It should not be included in any way shape or form.
    vandergl and OmegaCosmicMan like this.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information