Project 300: Dial and case design - Page 14
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Project 300: Dial and case design

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 270
  1. #131
    Member bob m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    154

    Re: Project 300: Dial and case design

    will a bit of lume (triangle) be possible in that bezel?

  2. #132
    Yao
    Yao is offline
    Sponsor Yao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    1,582

    Re: Project 300: Dial and case design

    Quote Originally Posted by bob m View Post
    will a bit of lume (triangle) be possible in that bezel?
    The idea is to light up the whole bezel. I am experimenting with a supplier that does the application of the luminous material using a different method than what other companies use. It might be better or a complete train wreck, we'll see.

    The primary supplier is using lume printed onto the back of the sapphire insert - tried and tested. Its the way most companies do it (e.g. IWC)
    OmegaCosmicMan likes this.

  3. #133
    Member bob m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    154

    Re: Project 300: Dial and case design

    wow that sounds great-I was only hoping for a lumed triangle. The whole bezel being lumed is pretty great. I know korsbek recently had a bad run on lumed sapphire bezels for their long awaited hydro explorer. Its sounds like a tough job to get it just right

  4. #134
    Yao
    Yao is offline
    Sponsor Yao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    1,582

    Re: Project 300: Dial and case design

    Quote Originally Posted by bob m View Post
    wow that sounds great-I was only hoping for a lumed triangle. The whole bezel being lumed is pretty great. I know korsbek recently had a bad run on lumed sapphire bezels for their long awaited hydro explorer. Its sounds like a tough job to get it just right
    Its a major PITA, which is why I am spending time and resources to try to line up back ups. You can't take this kind of feature for granted.

  5. #135
    Member tmoris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Praha, CZ
    Posts
    797

    Re: Project 300: Dial and case design

    Quote Originally Posted by Yao View Post
    Its a major PITA, which is why I am spending time and resources to try to line up back ups. You can't take this kind of feature for granted.
    does that mean that there is a slight possibility that the bezel wouldnt be luminous if this supplier didnt work out?

  6. #136
    Yao
    Yao is offline
    Sponsor Yao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    1,582

    Re: Project 300: Dial and case design

    Quote Originally Posted by tmoris View Post
    does that mean that there is a slight possibility that the bezel wouldnt be luminous if this supplier didnt work out?
    You should expect a luminous sapphire inlay. I am just covering all of the possible scenarios by trying out another vendor. I am just trying to do everything I can to avoid delays in the production. I would rather be over prepared than caught with my pants down. Even with all of this "insurance" there may still be delays but I thought you guys would appreciate knowing that I am doing everything I can think of.

  7. #137
    Member tmoris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Praha, CZ
    Posts
    797

    Re: Project 300: Dial and case design

    Quote Originally Posted by Yao View Post
    You should expect a luminous sapphire inlay. I am just covering all of the possible scenarios by trying out another vendor. I am just trying to do everything I can to avoid delays in the production. I would rather be over prepared than caught with my pants down. Even with all of this "insurance" there may still be delays but I thought you guys would appreciate knowing that I am doing everything I can think of.
    yes, certainly. i would rather wait for a luminous bezel insert than get the watch fast without one..

  8. #138
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sunny AZ.
    Posts
    141

    Re: Project 300: Dial and case design

    +1 all the way. I will wait for it to be done right. Keep up the good work Bill
    Seiko: 62MAS, 6105, 6306, 6139, BASM, FFF
    Marathon : GSAR
    Doxa: Anti-magnetic '45
    MKII: Project300 plank owner

  9. #139
    Member ljb187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,567

    Re: Project 300: Dial and case design

    Quote Originally Posted by chris7013 View Post
    +1 all the way. I will wait for it to be done right. Keep up the good work Bill
    I feel the same way. I've been reading about MKll's high standards on various WUS threads for a couple of years now and therefore am willing to wait till the cows come home for a watch that lives up to the to-numerous-to-count glowing references and positive anecdotes I've seen.

    Quote Originally Posted by David465 View Post
    Blessed / cursed with a slim wrist, I would prefer the smaller size. The diameter of 42 mm is not so much the problem, but the 50 mm length is.
    Hence, my choice for option C:
    Diameter: 41.25 mm
    Length (end of lug to lug): 48.50 - 48.95 mm
    I also hope that's the answer, but if it's not I'm happy for the people who get their ideal size (though the feeling would be similar to losing a close playoff game in overtime).

  10. #140
    Member ffernand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    61

    Re: Project 300: Dial and case design

    Bill, any word on the survey results? Thanks

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •