Project 300: Dial and case design - Page 14
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Project 300: Dial and case design

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Re: Project 300: Dial and case design

will a bit of lume (triangle) be possible in that bezel?

Yao

Quote Originally Posted by bob m View Post
    will a bit of lume (triangle) be possible in that bezel?
    The idea is to light up the whole bezel. I am experimenting with a supplier that does the application of the luminous material using a different method than what other companies use. It might be better or a complete train wreck, we'll see.

The primary supplier is using lume printed onto the back of the sapphire insert - tried and tested. Its the way most companies do it (e.g. IWC)
    OmegaCosmicMan likes this.

wow that sounds great-I was only hoping for a lumed triangle. The whole bezel being lumed is pretty great. I know korsbek recently had a bad run on lumed sapphire bezels for their long awaited hydro explorer. Its sounds like a tough job to get it just right

Yao

Quote Originally Posted by bob m View Post
    wow that sounds great-I was only hoping for a lumed triangle. The whole bezel being lumed is pretty great. I know korsbek recently had a bad run on lumed sapphire bezels for their long awaited hydro explorer. Its sounds like a tough job to get it just right
    Its a major PITA, which is why I am spending time and resources to try to line up back ups. You can't take this kind of feature for granted.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao View Post
    Its a major PITA, which is why I am spending time and resources to try to line up back ups. You can't take this kind of feature for granted.
    does that mean that there is a slight possibility that the bezel wouldnt be luminous if this supplier didnt work out?

Yao

Quote Originally Posted by tmoris View Post
    does that mean that there is a slight possibility that the bezel wouldnt be luminous if this supplier didnt work out?
    You should expect a luminous sapphire inlay. I am just covering all of the possible scenarios by trying out another vendor. I am just trying to do everything I can to avoid delays in the production. I would rather be over prepared than caught with my pants down. Even with all of this "insurance" there may still be delays but I thought you guys would appreciate knowing that I am doing everything I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao View Post
    You should expect a luminous sapphire inlay. I am just covering all of the possible scenarios by trying out another vendor. I am just trying to do everything I can to avoid delays in the production. I would rather be over prepared than caught with my pants down. Even with all of this "insurance" there may still be delays but I thought you guys would appreciate knowing that I am doing everything I can think of.
    yes, certainly. i would rather wait for a luminous bezel insert than get the watch fast without one..

+1 all the way. I will wait for it to be done right. Keep up the good work Bill
    Seiko: 62MAS, 6105, 6306, 6139, BASM, FFF
    Marathon : GSAR
    Doxa: Anti-magnetic '45
    MKII: Project300 plank owner

Quote Originally Posted by chris7013 View Post
    +1 all the way. I will wait for it to be done right. Keep up the good work Bill
    I feel the same way. I've been reading about MKll's high standards on various WUS threads for a couple of years now and therefore am willing to wait till the cows come home for a watch that lives up to the to-numerous-to-count glowing references and positive anecdotes I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by David465 View Post
    Blessed / cursed with a slim wrist, I would prefer the smaller size. The diameter of 42 mm is not so much the problem, but the 50 mm length is.
    Hence, my choice for option C:
    Diameter: 41.25 mm
    Length (end of lug to lug): 48.50 - 48.95 mm
    I also hope that's the answer, but if it's not I'm happy for the people who get their ideal size (though the feeling would be similar to losing a close playoff game in overtime).

Bill, any word on the survey results? Thanks

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information