Project 300: Dial and case design - Page 16
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Project 300: Dial and case design

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Re: Project 300: Dial and case design

I also think its time for an update. As far as I know there hasn't been any word on the 300 since October.
    Chris
    Seiko: 62MAS, 6105, 6306, 6139, BASM, FFF
    Marathon : GSAR
    Doxa: Anti-magnetic '45
    MKII: Project300 plank owner

Yao

Well back to it. Sorry for the extended pause. The survey results were posted here on the main site. The post in the news section provides some explanation as to what took so long. I will be providing some additional information as to what will be going on over the next two months in a separate post on the forum.

I will be updating the Project 300 page on Thursday for the new dimensions.

In addition to the dimensions of the Project 300 there are a two other updates:

* Regarding the posts above about the sapphire inlay luminescence. I am not sure what the perception at this time is but the lumed inlays that we have done in the past are lumed acrylic and not sapphire. The lumed sapphire inlays that we are doing for the Paradive are proving to be quite good. The fact that the Project 300 features a flat inlay means that it should be easier to control the luminescence of the sapphire inlay. Just before the holidays we shipped out some sapphire inlays for trial of a different process that may be able to deliver even better results. I am still awaiting word on that trial and estimated completion of the samples from the contractor at this point.

* Before the holidays we also received a test batch of hands that if the batch proves consistent we may also be able to feature nicer hands on the Project 300. The initial impressions are very good so we will see if the batch is consistent enough for us to begin working them into our standard list of suppliers

I hope to get some reactions to the size of the Project 300 and see if I read everyone's feedback correctly.

As for the comments above that I deleted...sorry those all represent legitimate gripes but I wanted to clean up the discussion thread. I did read them all and took note. I would post replies to some of the issues raised but the important point in summary is that we finally have the delivery schedule under a semblance of control and I have been working according to a new schedule that will allow me to balance my responsibilities between deliveries and live projects.

Assuming that the size issue doesn't need more discussion we will be turning the discussion towards the name.
    OmegaCosmicMan likes this.

Thanks Bill! Dimensions sound good to me. Sapphire bezel sounds delicious. Most important, keep your work/life balance and your health! We all want you doing this for a long, long time.
    Nomos Orion Anthracite; Destro watches: Ω "Great White" GMT, MKII Blackwater, Sinn EZM1 LE, IWC 3536-001, MKII Kingston, Precista Speedbird I, Casio MR-G120, Casio GW-5000, Sinn EZM2; Former Watches: Corvus Bradley

Bill, thanks for getting the updates out and filling us in on the size survey. I'm more concerned about the proportions than any size restriction, 41mm - 42mm should be just fine. The inlay is going to be spectacular and I can't wait to see how it pans out for this design. I'm stoked to be a part of this and will bide my time as best as any of us can.
    Chris
    Seiko: 62MAS, 6105, 6306, 6139, BASM, FFF
    Marathon : GSAR
    Doxa: Anti-magnetic '45
    MKII: Project300 plank owner

Bill, thanks for posting the numbers; I'm quite happy at how the survey turned out. I do have one question: for the thickness number, does this represent the thickness of just the case or the entire watch, including the crystal?

Bill, thank you for the progress report and survey results. Wishing you the best in your quest to reach a balance between deliveries and new projects. Happy to be part of this project and look forward to participate in the design process.

Great news, Bill! I think that the revised size(s) are spot on and the acrylic bezel proposition looks promising too. I can hardly wait to see the next survey!

Menno
    Dive watches; not only for underwater

Bill - Are you/we absolutely commited to the only lume option being the BG W9, or will there be a C3 option as well? I'm guessing NOT, since it looks like you'll be committed to making the bezel luminous as well (which I think is GREAT, BTW!); probably won't want to go through the "trouble" of two different bezel inserts. For whatever MY input is worth (For the record, I own two Watchco Omega Seamaster 300's - my favorite watch!) which of course have the C3 Superluminova - either one will glow ALL NIGHT LONG when adequately "charged". Unless you can pull a rabbit out of your hat with the BG W9, it won't glow as brightly or as long - correct me if I'm wrong...

Having said all that, I'm prolly still "all in" to Pre-Order this one. I've got a Kingston GO coming (w/C3 lume), but have always wanted a Seamaster homage w/the Big Triangle. I owned a Precista for about a week - watch was too thick, indices were too thin, and lume was SHITE! It did have a nice domed plexi crystal, though...

Wow, count me in on this one. I always loved that particular dial on the old Seamasters.
    Rotating on my wrist this month: Stowa Marine silver, Muhle Glashutte Antaria chrono, Stowa Flieger Klassik, Stowa Seatime 1960s, Dornbluth 99.0 black, Stowa Antea LE, Nomos Ahoi, Sinn Military Type III, Stowa TO2, Nomos Club Dunkel, Sinn 358 Chrono.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGanzman View Post
    I owned a Precista for about a week - watch was too thick, indices were too thin, and lume was SHITE! It did have a nice domed plexi crystal, though...
    Do you mean the PRS-14? I thought that the lume was pretty average - nothing to write home about, but not abjectly terrible. The watch isn't as much thick as it was ill-proportioned - the bezel was much too tall, "like a top-hat" as another forumgoer wrote. On the other hand, the PRS-14's crystal was hardly domed at all. Its height at the center of the cyrstal was probably less than a millimeter above the bezel inlay. It's a nice watch, but I expect that the P300 will best it in all considerations except for price.

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information