Project 300: Dial and case design - Page 2
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Project 300: Dial and case design

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Re: Project 300: Dial and case design

Option C looks to be the most feasable to me. Still prefer a smaller lug-to-lug, though. I have a 6" wrist. on some days, it can even be sub-6 inches.

Thumbs Up Re: Project 300: Dial and case design

Thanks Thieuster! Well Said!

Quote Originally Posted by Thieuster View Post
    I know MKII has often been criticized for it lack of consumer communication. I think that this sticky shows the opposite. Name me one (other) watchmaker that will discuss the actual size of the watch-to-be with the customers before starting the working on the final design. Thanks Bill!

I think that all things said in other posting apply for me as well. I'll will wait for the plankowner's email from Bill.

(Nearly Friday afternoon overhere, so: have a great weekend!)

Menno

Yao

Quote Originally Posted by tmoris View Post
    btw: what is a SLN insert? google didnt help..
    SLN = SuperLumiNova (sorry for the abbreviation - I get tired of writing that long word so often)

Yao

Quote Originally Posted by ljb187 View Post
    A Speedmaster Pro is my biggest watch so size C would be most soothing. I'm having uneasy visions of the 300 ending up on the WUS sales forum because it's too big for my 6.75" (on a good day) wrist:

Attachment 495701
    The Project 300 will end up wearing even smaller because the dial will be substantially smaller than the Speedy. I have both watches here so I know what you mean. The reference 300 I have here has very similar measurements to the Speedy but wears much smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao View Post
    SLN = SuperLumiNova (sorry for the abbreviation - I get tired of writing that long word so often)
    If you prefer to spend your days fussing about with watches I suppose it'll have to do.

To me, this is a good thing. Like earlier posters, I would prefer the size to be on the small side, to match my slender 6.5" wrists (thinner in cold weather). (I've also never liked the "big and chunky" aesthetic.)

Will look forward to the poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao View Post
    The Project 300 will end up wearing even smaller because the dial will be substantially smaller than the Speedy. I have both watches here so I know what you mean. The reference 300 I have here has very similar measurements to the Speedy but wears much smaller.

Ah, good; I guess we can probably assume that the project is going forward at this point, Bill?

Since this is also the Dial design thread, I've taken the opportunity to mock up a number of the popular name suggestions (as well as others that I perosnally like) from the other thread, with variations of typeface and dial elements. We can use these to help establish preferences like typeface style (script, sans serif, etc), size, and positioning, as well as logo design, marker style, and misc elements (e.g. Swiss Made).

For the base, I took a picture of my Precista PRS-14 and modified the elements where it diverges from the original (bezel lume pip, for instance) and replaced the dial with an original vector overlay to match the SM300 dial.

I used the Mk II wordmark from the website. The typeface for AUTOMATIC is a modified raster of Futura, which emulates closely the original Omega typeface (including flat-top As).

Here's crowd favorite "Pheon" in script, with circle-Y and big triangle. This and the 12-on-12 version below is my favorite.

And with 12-at-12

With Circle-L.

In a sans serif font instead

My suggestion: "Sublitoral".

In sans-serif.

"Trident"

"Project 300"

No-name.

So, my preference is for a script typeface for the name, with circle-Y symbol, and both big triangle and 12-at-12 dial options. The other elements closely emulate the original SM300's design, and I think we should retain those.
    Last edited by ASRSPR; August 20th, 2011 at 00:00.

Thanks for giving us something to look at and think about-Excellent Contribution!

As for case size, I prefer Option C, which sound just about perfect.

I think that your mock ups (am I allowed to call them like that? - Is it the proper English term?) are fantastic! Imho, you're a wizzard! I agree with you on the 12-12 dial, with the 'Y' and I love the name in 'script' (Pheon being my favorite - for obvious reason).

Thank you!

Menno
    Dive watches; not only for underwater

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information