Project 300: Dial and case design - Page 4
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Project 300: Dial and case design

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Re: Project 300: Dial and case design

Quote Originally Posted by enkidu View Post
    Looking at the mockup again, I think the Circle-Y could be a bit smaller, perhaps 20% or 25%? The MKII logo could be a bit smaller also. I also like the idea of having some color in the text of the name, perhaps red, blue, or gold/golden-yellow. I believe the RN uses gold thread in their badging and it would be a subtle nod in their direction.
    I'm not sure about smaller logos; I matched the size of the original Omega wordmark fairly closely and much smaller looks odd to my eyes. Circle-Y could be smaller, but that too feels kind of weird.

Quote Originally Posted by enkidu View Post
    Looking at the mockup again, I think the Circle-Y could be a bit smaller, perhaps 20% or 25%? The MKII logo could be a bit smaller also. I also like the idea of having some color in the text of the name, perhaps red, blue, or gold/golden-yellow. I believe the RN uses gold thread in their badging and it would be a subtle nod in their direction.
    We could, uh, Kingstonfy it.

Not sure how Bill would feel about making another gilt dial. And I do think it kind of clashes with the spirit of the watch. Not that it's to say that there's not another way to add color to it that will work better.
    HenCho likes this.

For instance, the most obvious ways to do this that I can think of:

Red second hand

Some combination of orange hands:

I imagine that different hand sets would be the easiest variations for Bill to offer. Nonetheless, I'm not really convinced that any of these look viable.

My top choice is still my current "reference" design: White SM300 style hands, modified Pheon script, extended 6-marker, and original sized logo and circle-Y.

No, Thank you.

The Red Second Hand gets it done-Excellent idea!

The mock ups are a great way to see an idea. ASRSPR (you need an easier name to remember) I am a lone voice but I agree the smaller logo just doesn't work. It may just be because it's a rendering but the smaller size became a distraction. I like the idea of color to a point but when the yellow hands started popping up I was not impressed. Unfortunately I don't have any great ideas on where to add it, red tipped seconds? Not sure that would work here. What are the chances of an applied polished MKII logo? That might prove to be a pain in the ass. I don't know the answers but the hunt sure is fun. A fine red border around the lume pip?
    Seiko: 62MAS, 6105, 6306, 6139, BASM, FFF
    Marathon : GSAR
    Doxa: Anti-magnetic '45
    MKII: Project300 plank owner

awesome job ASRSPR!! this is going to be very helpful when we will have to decide the final version!

It's great looking at these mockups. Personally, I think the first revamped drawing looks the best. Now, having said that, I remember a pic of this: fellow forum member Ploprof928 had this bezel installed on his Seafighter. Apart from the fact that it looks great (well, at least I think it looks great), it's important to know that this bezel comes from... an Omega Seamaster. Adding a hint of color can also be achived with a colored bezel, I think.

I hardly dare to ask... is it possible to come up with a mock up of this?

Menno

HenCho likes this.
    Dive watches; not only for underwater

Wow! Thanks so much for your hard work ASRSPR.

I love the extended 6-marker also. The blunted triangle does look more modern, but I think to balance it we'd have to chamfer the corners of all the other indicators and then we end up way off track.

I actually like the logos smaller, as it makes them less assertive, but it could be that viewing them on my laptop screen changes my perspective. It isn't a huge point, however.

The color variations you tried don't work for me either.
    Nomos Orion Anthracite; Destro watches: Ω "Great White" GMT, MKII Blackwater, Sinn EZM1 LE, IWC 3536-001, MKII Kingston, Precista Speedbird I, Casio MR-G120, Casio GW-5000, Sinn EZM2; Former Watches: Corvus Bradley

I realized that the orange-yellow color I used is probably not what most people think of when it comes to dive watches and the color orange. Here's a more Doxa orange version that looks a little better:

I know that the idea of creating a "vintage" look watch didn't sit too well with some, but I've always thought that the vintage style Bell and Ross watches looked really sharp. Here's an attempt to replicate that look (more khaki than the bright yellow you see on ebay fakes)

I actually really like how that looks.
    HenCho likes this.

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information