Project 300: Dial and case design - Page 6
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Project 300: Dial and case design

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Re: Project 300: Dial and case design

Well, again the rendering helps me see my idea isn't all that hot. I agree, the red tip is kinda ehhh and I'm not sure it's right. I do like the red around the lume pip. Sooo many decisions to think about. Bill if i can get this in 18k at the same price lets do it!!!
    Chris
    OmegaCosmicMan likes this.
    Seiko: 62MAS, 6105, 6306, 6139, BASM, FFF
    Marathon : GSAR
    Doxa: Anti-magnetic '45
    MKII: Project300 plank owner

You might have something with the blue sunburst and the white dial/black bezel configurations. They might no be suitable for this project but a adding little color in MKII's collection might not be a bad thing. Either one of those on a mesh bracelet would be quite sporty!
    OmegaCosmicMan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chris7013 View Post
    Well, again the rendering helps me see my idea isn't all that hot. I agree, the red tip is kinda ehhh and I'm not sure it's right. I do like the red around the lume pip. Sooo many decisions to think about. Bill if i can get this in 18k at the same price lets do it!!!
    Chris
    I never did like a red tip on any watch. There had been many times a blackwater popped up for sale. and many times there was some silly mod like the red tip or red date and those became instant deal breakers for me, no matter how small those mods were. I was ready to pay out full asking price until I saw those little variances. I would take a huge scratch on the case or glass in favor over a red tip/date on any given day.

Springboarding off of ASRSPR's work (Thanks so much!), I mocked up my own variation. Modifications are red lettering for name, smaller logo, no automatic, smaller circle-Y.
    Name:  project300_RedPheon369_500.png
Views: 915
Size:  404.5 KB
    HenCho likes this.
    Nomos Orion Anthracite; Destro watches: Ω "Great White" GMT, MKII Blackwater, Sinn EZM1 LE, IWC 3536-001, MKII Kingston, Precista Speedbird I, Casio MR-G120, Casio GW-5000, Sinn EZM2; Former Watches: Corvus Bradley

Throw the fine outline (minute marker fine) in red around the pip and we are on the way to a handsome watch. I don't know if it's the lack of automatic or the color on the name that makes the smaller logo and circle-y work but it does in this case very well. What I think is funny is the names we keep seeing on the dial. Pheon is the common theme and isn't half bad. I'd still like to see my name in lights. Anyone have the time to make an "Argo 300" just so I can see it? Thanks for the work guys I really helps guys like me see the potential.

A side note, is the sapphire bezel insert going to be flat or slightly domed?

Hey Chris, I believe the insert is going to be flat. Here's Argo but in a crappy font. Sorry about that, I only have stock fonts on my machine as I don't ever do graphics stuff; Java, Python, C++, etc. don't have much call for font variation.

Change log: 75% MKII logo, 75% Automatic, 75% Circle-Y. Argo 300 name in Brush Script MT with zero's as a smaller size.

Name:  project300_Argo.png
Views: 1007
Size:  297.4 KB
    Nomos Orion Anthracite; Destro watches: Ω "Great White" GMT, MKII Blackwater, Sinn EZM1 LE, IWC 3536-001, MKII Kingston, Precista Speedbird I, Casio MR-G120, Casio GW-5000, Sinn EZM2; Former Watches: Corvus Bradley

Thanks enkidu. Probably the only time I'll see it on the watch. Bill you feel like printing me a custom one off? Only thing I'd like to see is some other plank owners chiming in on what they think. Bill, any input on what will and wont work?
    Thanks all,
    Chris

One more, With a red Project 300, and red outline on bezel triangle. Also includes the above reduced MKII logo, no AUTOMATIC, reduced Circle-Y.
    Name:  project300_project_300_red_bezel_outline.png
Views: 1556
Size:  300.8 KB
    And just for fun, a mockup with the crown in the right, err, destro position: destro, red Pheon 300, reduced logo, reduce circle Y, red bezel triangle outline, no automatic.
    Name:  project300_destro_pheon_300_red_bezel_triangle.png
Views: 1515
Size:  301.5 KB

Just realized that the logo and circle-Y on the mockups above are the 75% version and not the 80% version. Here's a mockup with the 80% version's of the MkII logo and Circle-Y. I think this has a really good balance.
    Name:  project300_master_red.png
Views: 7552
Size:  301.0 KB

Mmm, I'm not a fan of these red accents: looks like a modded Seiko to me... Nothing wrong with modded Seikos, but not on this watch!

Menno
    Dive watches; not only for underwater

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information