Project 300: Dial and case design - Page 9
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Project 300: Dial and case design

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Re: Project 300: Dial and case design

I've never tried a mesh bracelet simply because most are not able to accommodate my small (6.5") wrist without my doing some modification work myself. I know at least a few others who have signed up for this project also have similarly sized wrists, so they'd face the same problem.

I'd be open to giving mesh bracelets a try if they could be made to easily adjust to smaller wrists with minimal effort. Otherwise, I'd prefer something a little more classic.

Quote Originally Posted by ASRSPR View Post
    There's a sapphire inlay over the bezel; scratches probably aren't a big concern. I like mesh bracelets, but I suspect that it's going to be a less universally popular choice.

I would like multiple dial options with spares in the parts kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent108 View Post
    I've never tried a mesh bracelet simply because most are not able to accommodate my small (6.5") wrist without my doing some modification work myself. I know at least a few others who have signed up for this project also have similarly sized wrists, so they'd face the same problem.

I'd be open to giving mesh bracelets a try if they could be made to easily adjust to smaller wrists with minimal effort. Otherwise, I'd prefer something a little more classic.
    Staib makes mesh bracelets for smaller wrists. I'm no better than 6.75" and it fit me without issue. Not cheap though...

The difficulty of adjustment may be a problem with mesh; the Omega belt buckle design might be the best bet. I recently had to dremel through some links on my Hong Kong "shark mesh" bracelet and that was a huge paint.

I also actually have a Staib mesh as well. The link density is very high, so it doesn't actually look like the Omega mesh or similar meshes... it's almost like a single flexible, but solid mass. The result is much dressier, especially with the clean ends and the solid links on the deployant end (as well as the double-fold deployant itself). It's not as good of a fit for sporty watches like the SM300 or Speedmaster as the Omega style ones.

Any update on the survey going out? Bill have you had any time to look through the posts here, what input do you have?
    Chris
    Seiko: 62MAS, 6105, 6306, 6139, BASM, FFF
    Marathon : GSAR
    Doxa: Anti-magnetic '45
    MKII: Project300 plank owner

Yao

I finally cleared a portion of my schedule and have the Kingston/watch delivery situation under control. I am preparing the size survey for distribution this week.

Yao

I should note at this point that there will be two surveys but asking the exact same questions. The first survey will go out to the current plankowners whose replies will be weighted more heavily. The second survey with the same questions will be posted here to get feedback from potential customers as well.

Yao
    Ok please tell me if I am mistaken but it looks like everyone is ok with the size options.

After scanning over the tread it looks like it really took off in a pleasantly unexpected direction. I really liked some of the mockups, even the gilt but probably not for this go around.

I guess the Solid Gold P300 is out of the question too? Too bad, I guess.

Name:  i-8TxwRCG-XL.jpg
Views: 646
Size:  104.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Yao View Post
    Ok please tell me if I am mistaken but it looks like everyone is ok with the size options.

After scanning over the tread it looks like it really took off in a pleasantly unexpected direction. I really liked some of the mockups, even the gilt but probably not for this go around.
    my understanding from the thread was that a smaller lug to lug length would be preferred..

could someone confirm if a 17.5cm wrist has the 50mm lugs "hanging over"?

Quote Originally Posted by tmoris

my understanding from the thread was that a smaller lug to lug length would be preferred..

could someone confirm if a 17.5cm wrist has the 50mm lugs "hanging over"?
    I'm a flattish 17.8 cm or so. I'll post some shots tonight.
    Nomos Orion Anthracite; Destro watches: Ω "Great White" GMT, MKII Blackwater, Sinn EZM1 LE, IWC 3536-001, MKII Kingston, Precista Speedbird I, Casio MR-G120, Casio GW-5000, Sinn EZM2; Former Watches: Corvus Bradley

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast