Project 300: Dial design (thread reboot) - Page 21
Like Tree222Likes

Thread: Project 300: Dial design (thread reboot)

Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Re: Project 300: Dial design (thread reboot)

I'm really liking this case design. I love the overall design of the Seamaster 300, especially the lyre lugs, but the high top bezel always irked me a bit. This proposed profile looks like it will keep the original's elegance while sidestepping the high bezel problem. Looks great!
    OmegaCosmicMan likes this.
    Nomos Orion Anthracite; Destro watches: Ω "Great White" GMT, MKII Blackwater, Sinn EZM1 LE, IWC 3536-001, MKII Kingston, Precista Speedbird I, Casio MR-G120, Casio GW-5000, Sinn EZM2; Former Watches: Corvus Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by enkidu View Post
    I'm really liking this case design. I love the overall design of the Seamaster 300, especially the lyre lugs, but the high top bezel always irked me a bit. This proposed profile looks like it will keep the original's elegance while sidestepping the high bezel problem. Looks great!
    +1. That sums it up quite nicely.

Menno
    Puck and OmegaCosmicMan like this.
    Dive watches; not only for underwater

Yao

Quote Originally Posted by enkidu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thieuster View Post
    +1. That sums it up quite nicely.

Menno
    Interesting...I would have thought you guys might like the high bezel as it is a signature part of the design. Good to know that the lower profile is preferred! I prefer the lower profile of the bezel as well.

All that I could add has already been said, but will mention for the record that I like the way you're going And I will admit that I have difficulties visualizing the lugs - assuming you're working in AutoCad (or something similar), it should be relatively simple to generate a top view so we get a better feel for the lugs, no? It's also okay if you tell me to be patient

RonB

Yao

Quote Originally Posted by MHe225 View Post
    All that I could add has already been said, but will mention for the record that I like the way you're going And I will admit that I have difficulties visualizing the lugs - assuming you're working in AutoCad (or something similar), it should be relatively simple to generate a top view so we get a better feel for the lugs, no? It's also okay if you tell me to be patient

RonB
    Hi Ron...no I am not that fancy. We are only using Illustrator software. I want to make the transition but can't find the time to learn the new software I have. The "top view" hasn't changed yet or should I say been updated since the last iteration. I haven't given it much thought but my gut reaction is that the top view wouldn't be changed by what I have done here with the side view. The lugs are a bit more svelte but I don't think that would show up in the top view. But we will get back to the top view after I tighten up the side view some more.

My short term goal is to get at least the design finalized before I talk to the case manufacturer in Basel. I don't think I will have the detailed technical drawings done by then but I hope to have the design finalized and ready for the stage where I draw out all of the specifications and dimensions.
    MHe225 likes this.

I like the progress on the case thus far. I'm in favor of a thinner "less is more" approach. The placement of the crown will make or break the intrepretation IMHO. The upper portion of the bezel needs to just clear the crown. Looks like we have it nailed here. I think this was a huge miss in the PRS-14 version.

Have we settled on a lume choice yet? Still in favor of C3 to stick by the original.

Is the crystal profile in the drawing what is proposed?

Keep on keeping on. Thanks for the update.

Yao

Quote Originally Posted by eganwh View Post
    I like the progress on the case thus far. I'm in favor of a thinner "less is more" approach. The placement of the crown will make or break the intrepretation IMHO. The upper portion of the bezel needs to just clear the crown. Looks like we have it nailed here. I think this was a huge miss in the PRS-14 version.

Have we settled on a lume choice yet? Still in favor of C3 to stick by the original.

Is the crystal profile in the drawing what is proposed?

Keep on keeping on. Thanks for the update.
    Hi Wayne...thanks for the input.

We haven't settled on the lume yet.

The crystal in the drawing is what is proposed. If you have comments please let me know. I got a comment via e-mail from Dirk in Germany about the crystal.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao View Post
    Hi Ron...no I am not that fancy. We are only using Illustrator software. I want to make the transition but can't find the time to learn the new software I have. The "top view" hasn't changed yet or should I say been updated since the last iteration. I haven't given it much thought but my gut reaction is that the top view wouldn't be changed by what I have done here with the side view. The lugs are a bit more svelte but I don't think that would show up in the top view. But we will get back to the top view after I tighten up the side view some more.

My short term goal is to get at least the design finalized before I talk to the case manufacturer in Basel. I don't think I will have the detailed technical drawings done by then but I hope to have the design finalized and ready for the stage where I draw out all of the specifications and dimensions.

Okay, I understand the difficulties of using this sort of software. On the other hand, I think that an angled view will help when it comes to visualizing the whole concept. I added a pic to show what I mean.

Menno

Dive watches; not only for underwater

I really like the way this is going. No suggestions at this point other than to keep moving forward.

Yao

Quote Originally Posted by Thieuster View Post
    Okay, I understand the difficulties of using this sort of software. On the other hand, I think that an angled view will help when it comes to visualizing the whole concept. I added a pic to show what I mean.

Menno
    Yes I understand. That would be ideal, unfortunately it would take a very long time for me to generate that view. We'll see if I can come up with something else but I think its best to assume we will have to work from these kinds of 2D drawings.

Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread Information