Project 300: Dial design (thread reboot) - Page 30
Like Tree222Likes

Thread: Project 300: Dial design (thread reboot)

Page 30 of 49 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast

Re: Project 300: Dial design (thread reboot)

Looks fantastic! I like both the round and flat 3, and would be happy with either. As for the 1, I do prefer the serif 1, but would like to see a slightly longer hook than in v3.23.
    eganwh and OmegaCosmicMan like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kywong View Post
    Looks fantastic! I like both the round and flat 3, and would be happy with either. As for the 1, I do prefer the serif 1, but would like to see a slightly longer hook than in v3.23.
    Almost word for word what kywong said!
    Nomos Orion Anthracite; Destro watches: Ω "Great White" GMT, MKII Blackwater, Sinn EZM1 LE, IWC 3536-001, MKII Kingston, Precista Speedbird I, Casio MR-G120, Casio GW-5000, Sinn EZM2; Former Watches: Corvus Bradley

I agree, the serif in the 1 is too small.

I'd like to see the 1 with a larger serif, to compare it with the no serif 1. Right now I'm leaning toward no serif. The bezel looks great. I think the thinner stroke looks better. Once again fractions of a mm make a difference.

Alan

Yao

I getting back into this now......the best I can do tonight is to get my head back into what I was thinking 8-10 weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao
    I getting back into this now......the best I can do tonight is to get my head back into what I was thinking 8-10 weeks ago.
    YES!!!!

Sign off, sell the PC and good luck
    More seriously: excellent news. I know that feeling of trying to remember what you were thinking .... I too work too many projects in my day-job and some will go untouched for many weeks in a row. When I get back to them, it takes me hours to get back in to the "groove", my thinking, reasoning, etc.
    In that way, I (you) spend more time than I (you) should and it is an ineffective -and sometimes frustrating- way of getting our work done. Chalk it up to "life in the big city"

Hope you'll have a few days of uninterrupted time to dedicate to your projects and we are all eager to see what you come up with.

RonB

Yao

Just to let those of you that know your fonts I am going to try a modified Helvetica for the bezel. I think, hope, that the font won't look too modern. But this has a better round-top 3 than I have currently in the design.
    JCW1980 likes this.

Yao

I will be posting an updated design tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao View Post
    Here is the the version with a round top "3". Sorry for the delay. I got caught up trouble shooting a supplier problem over the last week or so.

I added a serif to the "1" in the 10 and the 30 has been changed to the round top version. I also thinned the "stroke" of the numbers on the bezel slightly.

Attachment 1159574

I will be in Taipei for the next two days.
    I love this design, the numbering looks fantastic....
    ...striving for a Urwerk UR-210...

Hidden Content

Yao

Here is the latest. Biggest difference is that:

* I started with a standard Helvetica font and then customized it. This was because the round top 3 just looked awkward in my last iteration.
    * 3.27 features no serif on the "1" and 3.27a uses a serif on the "1"

If you ask me the serif'd "1" adds a stronger and more aggressive feel to the design. The sans-serif "1" has a softer and more vintage feel to it.

Other than the "1" issue this is the time to bring up any other issues about the design. After I get a feel for whether 3.27 or 3.27a is the way to go I will basically close off the design process to any major changes so that I can begin work on fine tuning the design as well as work on the technical drawings for the case supplier.

Name:  3.27_3.27a.jpg
Views: 1130
Size:  114.2 KB

Page 30 of 49 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast

Thread Information