Project 300: Dial design (thread reboot) - Page 38
Like Tree224Likes

Thread: Project 300: Dial design (thread reboot)

Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast

Re: Project 300: Dial design (thread reboot)

A new update just posted:

2015-07-01: Project 300

I received the drawings for the last 3 parts I was waiting on. Unfortunately they were not received early enough for me to review before our annual pilgrimage to Taiwan to visit the in-laws (which begins in 12 hours from now). As long as these last three drawings don’t have any issues I should be able to complete a final review of the drawings after I get back on the 20th of July. The goal is to sign-off on the drawings and begin sampling by the beginning of August. We have an idea for the case back design but again we will have to present this after our return.
    Last edited by TheMeasure; July 2nd, 2015 at 17:56. Reason: added text
    Jellytime likes this.

A beefier update, just in: 2015-08-11 Project 300

Update on the Project 300’s status:
    * I am reviewing, hopefully for the last time, all of the drawings for the project. I hope to sign-off on them this week or next.
    * Case back engraving: I have the details on the case back done (serial number, material, movement type, etc.) At this point we just need to decide what, if any, decorative design will be included on the case back. We are currently preparing a mock-up of a design we like for your review. We hope to get this published in the next few weeks so that it can be included in the first round of the sample parts.
    * MOD Sword hands: We have been testing a new supply chain for the hands. We discussed this in the post PoP – Watch Hands Pt. 1. We will be preparing Pt. 2 for release in the next few weeks. However the results were better than we expected and have resulted in the best set of MOD Sword hand that we have ever done. The downside of this process is that it will take a long time (6-12 months) to produce all of the hands we will need for this project because of all of the QC steps and frequent flyer miles that the hands will accumulate. With this in mind we will actually be starting production of the hands ASAP (i.e. before the case samples will be done).

Alaska or between Alaska, Mexico and Oregon's high desert country

Now that has my attention!

Name:  DSC_Say What.JPG
Views: 655
Size:  270.5 KB

Awesome.......

Last edited by OmegaCosmicMan; August 13th, 2015 at 03:37.
    JFingers and TheMeasure like this.

Is it possible to become part of the "Plankowner" team for this watch? Or is the only option remaining to wait and hope to be able to pre-order it? I am excited about this watch, and would like to convey my desire for a steel bracelet to be designed/included. I also want to ensure a place in line to purchase one. :)

ur late for the plank bus somewhere around the 3 year mark

Forgive me for not discovering the world of fine watches until 2 years ago. :) But given that, what are my options for getting involved in this project? Is the only option to wait for the pre-order phase?

Quote Originally Posted by WhatATool View Post
    Forgive me for not discovering the world of fine watches until 2 years ago. :) But given that, what are my options for getting involved in this project? Is the only option to wait for the pre-order phase?
    Welcome to MKII! You will have a chance at the 2nd Stage Pre-Order. Only one man knows when that will happen, so until then make sure you've submitted your email: Project 300/Notify Me. Also wouldnt hurt to check in from time to time, members are really good about posting new news/updates here on the forum.

Alaska or between Alaska, Mexico and Oregon's high desert country

Bill has posted some more information on Project 300

Go To- 2015-09-24: Project 300 Update

MHe225 and mrklabb like this.

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaCosmicMan
    Bill has posted some more information on Project 300
    Let me lower the barrier even more .... no need to click; this is what you will read:

Quote Originally Posted by MKII Admin
    2015-09-24: Project 300 Update
    • Waiting on case supplier for feedback on my comments. The comments are regarding small, but important, details that needed to be double checked.
    • I completed the hand designs earlier today and have released the information to the hand manufacturer. Due to the time it will take to get the hour and minute hands made to my standards we have to start now before the cases are begun and slowly build up our inventory.
    • The dial designs are completed and ready to go the manufacturer. We will send these out the same time we approve the case designs and we know that case sampling has been started. I know some of you are curious so I will note that I have completed designs using a big triangle dial and one with the 12 at the, well, 12 o’clock position. Both dials have been designed in date and non-date versions. I will likely do a survey to see if there is enough demand to make all or if I should only make a selection of the dials.
    It's all coming together, slowly but steadily. Like OCM, I consider this excellent news

Suggestion to Mr, Yao, borrowed from the Kingston playbook: make both dials and put the alternate dial in the Plank-kit

Both dials. I agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hidden Content
    Omega-Bond SMP. Speedy Pro 861. Rolex-Airking white dial arabic markers SeaDweller 16600 Z 2007 birth year of my sonTudor - Pelagos 25600TB Seiko-SBGX091. Tuna SBBN017. SKX009J. SKX011J1. Casio-Mudman GW9000A-1. PAW 2000T-7V. GW-5000-1JF.

MKII - Project 300 deposit

Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast

Thread Information