Project GMT: Design thread - Page 16
Like Tree4055Likes

Thread: Project GMT: Design thread

Page 16 of 296 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 66 116 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: Project GMT: Design thread

Quote Originally Posted by Thieuster View Post
    Great answers, Bill, thanks. I'm looking forward to see your next set of proposals/pictures.

Menno

EDIT: after posting, I noticed that this is my 1000th WUS posting! Nice to see that it involves the design of the Key West GMT.

M.
    Congrats on your 1000th post, Menno.

Capt. Serdal

Banned

It looks awesome!

Thanks for the fotos, Bill.

Capt. Serdal

That looks great. Can't wait to see more pictures

And at the same time the big question is what kind of lume did you use for the dial????

Quote Originally Posted by Yao View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Yao View Post
    Posted this pic in our Gallery. I will post some more detailed pics of the watch in the coming days. I ran out of time today to do it.

Attachment 841940
    Caption: "Here is a pic of a white dialed Kingston we did as a prototype for the Project GMT. The watch in this pic is my wife’s which she has been wearing for a little more than a year."
    Thanks for showing this prototype. I am curious, though, if there will be an alternative to the gilt hands and dial, as it's a considerable diversion from the original, and I wonder how it will look with a Pepsi bezel. While I appreciate my Kingston with its gilt, I think I might prefer the silver hands and white indices on the black dial for the GMT. The white-dialed version, however, might be a tougher call. Hopefully, we will see more mock-ups and prototypes to help with these decisions.

Now that white dial is interesting! Very cool to see. I've been interested it the white dial from the beginning and it seems I'll have a tough choice ahead. I also wanted to echo the sentiment about about a silver vs gilt option. I usually don't go for gold tones at all, and the kingston has me rethinking this but i would like to know if there will be a non gilt option? I know it's early and that too many options can lead to delays so if I need to make up my mind it'd be nice to have the lead time ;)
    thanks Bill

Quote Originally Posted by tomr View Post
    Thanks for showing this prototype. I am curious, though, if there will be an alternative to the gilt hands and dial, as it's a considerable diversion from the original, and I wonder how it will look with a Pepsi bezel. While I appreciate my Kingston with its gilt, I think I might prefer the silver hands and white indices on the black dial for the GMT. The white-dialed version, however, might be a tougher call. Hopefully, we will see more mock-ups and prototypes to help with these decisions.
    I agree with the sentiment to keep the Key West as close a possible to the original GMT. I don't want aged lume, but whatever color the original lume was when the watches were new.

After looking at some pictures of the originals, I think I like a red and black bezel better than a red and blue bezel.

Here are some more pictures that we can use for reference --

1957 “Tropical Dial” GMT-Master:

Name:  ACLrolexmay1.jpg
Views: 1533
Size:  183.5 KB

1962 Pan Am GMT-Master:

Name:  537.jpg
Views: 1048
Size:  165.4 KB

Picture credits to "A Continuous Lean".

And thanks to Bill for the mock-up.

Best wishes,
    Packleader
    Last edited by Packleader; October 16th, 2012 at 02:46.
    nuovorecord and serdal23 like this.

Yao

Quote Originally Posted by Cleans Up View Post
    Now that white dial is interesting! Very cool to see. I've been interested it the white dial from the beginning and it seems I'll have a tough choice ahead. I also wanted to echo the sentiment about about a silver vs gilt option. I usually don't go for gold tones at all, and the kingston has me rethinking this but i would like to know if there will be a non gilt option? I know it's early and that too many options can lead to delays so if I need to make up my mind it'd be nice to have the lead time ;)
    thanks Bill
    I hadn't really thought about it yet. However I had assumed that we would have to pick 2 out of the following 4 options:

* Gilt and black
    * Silver and black
    * Gilt and white
    * Black printing and white paint

The first three options use a process similar to what was used on the Kingston. The Gilt/white option is slightly different which I will have to explain later this week.

P.S. Yes I haven't forgotten about the brown option but its not mentioned above because it wasn't part of the original pricing.

this might be a bit early to discuss, but what are the bracelet options available? is the true panam an oyster or a jubillee or something else?

I like the idea of silver and black. As a dressy cool option, the gilt and white looks simply amazing.
    Nomos Orion Anthracite; Destro watches: Ω "Great White" GMT, MKII Blackwater, Sinn EZM1 LE, IWC 3536-001, MKII Kingston, Precista Speedbird I, Casio MR-G120, Casio GW-5000, Sinn EZM2; Former Watches: Corvus Bradley

Looks interesting. Will keep myself updated on this thread

Skickat från min GT-I9100 via Tapatalk 2

Page 16 of 296 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 66 116 ... LastLast

Thread Information