Project GMT: Design thread - Page 20
Like Tree4055Likes

Thread: Project GMT: Design thread

Page 20 of 296 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 70 120 ... LastLast

Re: Project GMT: Name discussion

Yeah, that was kind of confusing. There is not a "wait list" per se, just a suggestion to make sure you're signed up for the MKII newsletter that comes out via email. You can take care of that at the MKII website.

There were 60 pre-order slots that filled up in a matter of days back in late January after a Bill put up a post announcing it. Bill has said that the Key West will be limited to 250 pieces, so accounting for the full pre-order, another 190 will become available later when the general ordering opens up. I emailed Bill about this a while back and he said that general order will probably open around the time that the pre-order watches are "close to or in the process" of being delivered, and he hopes that will take place sometime in 2013. Of course, if you're read as much on this forum as I have, you know that the best advice is 'just be patient.' I also suggest keeping a close eye on the forum; that's your best bet for seeing the general-order open up in a timely manner...when it happens, there will be posts about it.

That's the best info that I've got. If anyone knows anything more, or if I've misrepresented something, feel free to let us know.
    STEELINOX and Chromejob like this.

Re: Project GMT: Design thread

Is there any chance this will be on a jubilee bracelet?

And I too would love to see a cyclops..

Quote Originally Posted by diggitygiggitydan View Post
    Is there any chance this will be on a jubilee bracelet?
    Great question. That has been brought up by someone else in this thread too; who knows, maybe. I'm sure it'll be addressed for popularity at some point during the design process, but I'm sure it would have to be a very popular option for Bill to go to the trouble, especially sice the Kingston bracelet is the simplest avenue along with being period correct and very popular already.

Personally I prefer the oyster, but I'll tell you what though, if the jubilee becomes an option...I'd pay for both.
    STEELINOX and White Tuna like this.

Well, a jubilee will mean Bill with have to come up with the design and have it built. That will take even more time. Since the 6542 originally came on a riveted band, I would think that is what Bill was planning. Plus he has them designed and built already. Much like the Hardey Roma bands some have been putting on their Kingstons, I'd imagine there will be plenty of very nice, high quality jubilees's out there that will work. Then we have both options.

The way see it, Bill is only making 250 of these. There are already a million different options that people are looking for. I know all of them will not make the cut in the end and the more there are, the longer things take. I guess time will tell.
    Chromejob likes this.

Very sensible responses, thank you!

I hated waving the opportunity to buy the Kingston when it was available. I have a Nassau on it's way next February.

But this watch has caught my full attention... When ordering opens, I will be buying. I love every detail of the GMT.
    White Tuna likes this.
    Hidden Content

"...don't outsmart your common sense." - Lee Brice
    My modest stable..
    Pam Homage
    Seiko Day/Date (Datejust Style)

Stowa Flieger (On it's way..)

So...any guesses about what the schedule looks like for the GMT?

Project GMT: Design thread

I'm going to say its still a little early to say.

Banned

Dear Comrades, I couldn't come across with any mock drawing of the Key West GMT. If I missed to see, I apologize. So, any drawing or any date for starting to build this run / batch? Any price at this point? Very Best Regards . . . Capt. Serdal
    americandave likes this.

Malyel posted some great watch mock ups on the how would you like the pan am to look thread at post #241, and Bill posted his dial mock ups on this thread at post #118.

These mock ups make me salivate... Especially right now, since I'm out of the country on business...every time I look at my Kingston on this trip, I keep thinking how great the Key West is going to be.
    Chromejob likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ........ View Post
    Dear Comrades, I couldn't come across with any mock drawing of the Key West GMT. If I missed to see, I apologize. So, any drawing or any date for starting to build this run / batch? Any price at this point? Very Best Regards . . . Capt. Serdal
    Build date unknown, but January marks one year since I put the deposit... Time is flying by. I don't recall the exact price but I think I put half which was $600 on $1200.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    MkII Vantage
    MkII LRRP
    MkII Kingston
    MkII Project GMT plank preorder
    MkII Nassau big crown
    MkII Nassau 369
    MkII Hawkinge 48 (preorder)
    MkII Project 300 (preorder)
    OWC Blue Snowflake A10
    Panerai PAM 359 - 1950 3 Days
    Rolex Submariner 1680 MkVI Red
    Rolex Sea-Dweller 16660
    Rolex GMT-II 116710
    Citizen Titanium Eco-Zilla
    Seiko Black Samurai
    Tag Heuer 4000 Auto
    Nav B-Uhr Vintage Automatic

Page 20 of 296 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 70 120 ... LastLast

Thread Information