Project GMT: Design thread - Page 21
Like Tree4055Likes

Thread: Project GMT: Design thread

Page 21 of 296 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 71 121 ... LastLast

Re: Project GMT: Design thread

TheDude remembered correctly (close enough in my book):

Name:  MKII_Project_GMT_2.jpg
Views: 1063
Size:  291.2 KB

I am notexpecting much movement on the Key West until the Project 300 starts getting delivered. Ihave no problem with that. Project 300 should be the priority at this time.

Really curious to see what that watch looks like delivered to the MKII faithful.

Any update on this thread for the coming new year?
    CJB
    Rolex Submariner non-date 14060
    Rolex GMT Pepsi 16700
    Omega Speedmaster Professional 145.022
    Heuer Monaco CAW211P

Wink Re: Project GMT: Design thread

Quote Originally Posted by POR901
    Any update on this thread for the coming new year?
    Hey, you got your spot in the queue less than a week ago and you're already getting inpatient?
    Didn't the seller tell you that you have to wait at least 9 months before you're allowed to speak up?

Seriously now, participation in MKII Projects is an exercise in patience. Whenever Bill has news, he will post it promptly. We're anticipating a little more action / traffic / progress once Bill has finalized the Kingston run. I seem to recall something like that was mentioned ages ago, but I'm not perfectly clear on that. Maybe it's just wishful thinking.

I like to be surprised / proven wrong, but I am not expecting to see Project GMT watches (being delivered) in 2013. Or P300 watches for that matter. Maybe in 2014.
    With that said, welcome aboard, make yourself comfortable and enjoy the ride.

RonB
    cpotters likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MHe225 View Post
    Hey, you got your spot in the queue less than a week ago and you're already getting inpatient?
    Didn't the seller tell you that you have to wait at least 9 months before you're allowed to speak up?

Seriously now, participation in MKII Projects is an exercise in patience. Whenever Bill has news, he will post it promptly. We're anticipating a little more action / traffic / progress once Bill has finalized the Kingston run. I seem to recall something like that was mentioned ages ago, but I'm not perfectly clear on that. Maybe it's just wishful thinking.

I like to be surprised / proven wrong, but I am not expecting to see Project GMT watches (being delivered) in 2013. Or P300 watches for that matter. Maybe in 2014.

RonB
    I have no idea as to when we will get and update, or see any progress, but in all fairness, i would expect that the Project 300 is going to have to get off the ground before the Key West takes off. I didn't realize, but someone posted that the Project 300 folks have had deposits down for 30+ months.
    Divers - Pre Sub Doxa 300m Dive Watch - Doxa Sub 300T Professional (US Divers) - Ocean7 LM-7 Ploprof - Ocean7 LM-7 Plorof Pro Titanium -Rolex 1665 SD-Rolex 1680 -Rolex 16610 Submariner - MKII Stingray 60 - MKII Kingston Gilt/non date - MKII Kingston Gilt/Date - Orthos 300 Commander
    Others- MKII Key West GMT(on the way) - Rolex GMT 16750 - IWC Calatrava - Ocean7 LM-5 GMT- Maurice Lacroix Calendrier Retrograde - Longines Hour Angle Lindberg - Tudor "Big Block" Chrono

Myla's Favorite's Doxa Sub 200 Coralline, Omega Seamaster 120 - Rolex Datejust 18k/SS - Chronosport Panther - Maurice Lacroix - Omega 14k Mesh - Tag Heuer TT Aquaracer

Quote Originally Posted by MHe225 View Post

RonB
    ha....I'd be happy with 2014! I'm looking forward to the loooonnnngggg ride.
    CJB
    Rolex GMT Pepsi 16700
    Heuer Monaco CAW211P

Happy New Year to everyone.

While surfing the net over the Holiday I ran across several photos of the GMT watches that Ken Sato put together back in the +/-90's. Some of the details look pretty good.....like the dial colors (black & white), crown size (7 or 8mm), bezel color, hour marker spacing, etc. I really like the look of the acrylic bezel.....is this still a possibility for the Key West?
    Attached Images Attached Images

cpotters and White Tuna like this.
    CJB
    Rolex GMT Pepsi 16700
    Heuer Monaco CAW211P

Happy New Year back to you!

Those are pretty! Man, the Key West is gonna look good!!

Quote Originally Posted by POR901 View Post
    Happy New Year to everyone.

While surfing the net over the Holiday I ran across several photos of the GMT watches that Ken Sato put together back in the +/-90's. Some of the details look pretty good.....like the dial colors (black & white), crown size (7 or 8mm), bezel color, hour marker spacing, etc. I really like the look of the acrylic bezel.....is this still a possibility for the Key West?

Quote Originally Posted by POR901 View Post
    ....like the dial colors (black & white), crown size (7 or 8mm), bezel color, hour marker spacing, etc. I really like the look of the acrylic bezel.....is this still a possibility for the Key West?
    I think another nice detail is that the cyclops has at least a 2x or 2.5x magnification, and you can tell just by looking at the numbers. I doubt Bill will go with the acrylic because it is subject to the same drawbacks as the original bakelite bezels from the fifties. If it it not cost prohibitive he may lean towards a sapphire bezel - ideally with lume in the nemerals, but that's up to him.
    Cpotters

The Line-up:

Tudor 7928, Bunch of beat-up old Rolexes, MKII Custom Stingray 50, MKII LRRP, MKII TR-1000, MKII Kingston, Benrus Type I, Benrus Ultra-deep Super-compressor plus other super-Cs, 60's Zodiac Seawolfand Super Seawolf, Breitling Chronomat, ...

and lots of other vintage stuff.Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by cpotters View Post
    I think another nice detail is that the cyclops has at least a 2x or 2.5x magnification, and you can tell just by looking at the numbers. I doubt Bill will go with the acrylic because it is subject to the same drawbacks as the original bakelite bezels from the fifties. If it it not cost prohibitive he may lean towards a sapphire bezel - ideally with lume in the nemerals, but that's up to him.
    I hope he keeps it to a simple anodized ring !
    Nylon NATION Co-Conspirator
    Lug Hole Loyalist
    Chamfer Line Inspector

Page 21 of 296 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 71 121 ... LastLast

Thread Information