Project GMT: Design thread - Page 23
Like Tree4055Likes

Thread: Project GMT: Design thread

Page 23 of 296 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 73 123 ... LastLast

Re: Project GMT: Design thread

I don't understand why people think it would take a long time to develop. Tons of micro brands have watches with sapphire bezels, Helson, Raven, Zenton, Ocean7 and some more i'm sure.

Ocean7 even has a GMT with a bubbled sapphire insert that looks a lot like the pan-am gmt bakelite bezel

White Tuna and OmegaCosmicMan like this.

Quote Originally Posted by curt941 View Post
    I don't understand why people think it would take a long time to develop. Tons of micro brands have watches with sapphire bezels, Helson, Raven, Zenton, Ocean7 and some more i'm sure.

Ocean7 even has a GMT with a bubbled sapphire insert that looks a lot like the pan-am gmt bakelite bezel

Nice...
    OmegaCosmicMan likes this.

Project GMT: Design thread

Maybe things have changed but originally bill was not for it. I hope that isn't the case anymore as that is exactly what I think will look great. Matched with the right vintage style of the pan am.

Quote Originally Posted by 66Cooper View Post
    Maybe things have changed but originally bill was not for it. I hope that isn't the case anymore as that is exactly what I think will look great. Matched with the right vintage style of the pan am.
    If I remember correctly, I think what Bill said was something like we should plan on it being aluminum, but if he makes progress on sapphire, he might switch. That's how I'm viewing it. I wouldn't leave the project, if it's aluminum, but I would enjoy it much more if it is to be sapphire.

Quote Originally Posted by curt941 View Post

I actually like the darker blue and red on this bezel. After seeing the Kingston's aluminum bezel I think I am fine with a more robust aluminum....especially considering we may not have access to all the parts in 20 years.
    Hidden Content
    Get Gilt now, Ask me how.
    Blue Lume is for deviants. -Winston Churchill

Project GMT: Design thread

Quote Originally Posted by BigHaole View Post
    I think a sapphire bezel would be a perfect fit for MKII's vision [and] I'd be willing to wait a little longer and pay a little more for it. But, if the decision is for aluminum, it certainly won't drive me away.
    +1 on this view that sapphire would look great, yet aluminium would be fine.

Neily
    gman54 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by White Tuna View Post
    I actually like the darker blue and red on this bezel. After seeing the Kingston's aluminum bezel I think I am fine with a more robust aluminum....especially considering we may not have access to all the parts in 20 years.
    i have this watch. It's a very nice piece, at a very compretetive price. ETA 2893-2 movement and that sapphire bezel insert w/ lumed numbers. The only thing i don't particu;larly care for are the hands. I have never been a big fan of sword hands. In fact I have toyed with hte idea of sending mine off to see if the hands could be swapped for Mercedes hands.
    White Tuna likes this.
    Divers - Pre Sub Doxa 300m Dive Watch - Doxa Sub 300T Professional (US Divers) - Ocean7 LM-7 Ploprof - Ocean7 LM-7 Plorof Pro Titanium -Rolex 1665 SD-Rolex 1680 -Rolex 16610 Submariner - MKII Stingray 60 - MKII Kingston Gilt/non date - MKII Kingston Gilt/Date - Orthos 300 Commander
    Others- MKII Key West GMT(on the way) - Rolex GMT 16750 - IWC Calatrava - Ocean7 LM-5 GMT- Maurice Lacroix Calendrier Retrograde - Longines Hour Angle Lindberg - Tudor "Big Block" Chrono

Myla's Favorite's Doxa Sub 200 Coralline, Omega Seamaster 120 - Rolex Datejust 18k/SS - Chronosport Panther - Maurice Lacroix - Omega 14k Mesh - Tag Heuer TT Aquaracer

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    i have this watch. It's a very nice piece, at a very compretetive price. ETA 2893-2 movement and that sapphire bezel insert w/ lumed numbers. The only thing i don't particu;larly care for are the hands. I have never been a big fan of sword hands. In fact I have toyed with hte idea of sending mine off to see if the hands could be swapped for Mercedes hands.
    UPDATE: Post deleted. I am an idiot!
    Last edited by White Tuna; January 22nd, 2013 at 16:30.
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    I think I like where the date window is? Do you like it? Even though I like sword hands the hands seem slightly out of place on this watch. Also I am not a huge fan of the tip of these sword hands not being lumed. That bezel is killer!
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by White Tuna View Post
    I think I like where the date window is? Do you like it? Even though I like sword hands the hands seem slightly out of place on this watch. Also I am not a huge fan of the tip of these sword hands not being lumed. That bezel is killer!
    The date window is OK, i would prefer a bigger date at 3 with a cyclops, just because my old eyes sometimes have a hard time reading the date under certan lighting conditions. i agree about the hands. It seems as though Ocean7 sort of goes it's own way with design, which is fine. Rick puts together a watch that he likes and one that has some inoput from forum members, but he is not necressarily trying to create a homage, although the LM-7 is pretty darn close to the Omega Ploprof.

As i said before, I think this watch would better with Mercedes hands. Another thing, the lume on the hands is good, but it's a little weak on the indices, si if i decide to change hands, I'm going to get the dial and hands relumed.
    White Tuna likes this.
    Divers - Pre Sub Doxa 300m Dive Watch - Doxa Sub 300T Professional (US Divers) - Ocean7 LM-7 Ploprof - Ocean7 LM-7 Plorof Pro Titanium -Rolex 1665 SD-Rolex 1680 -Rolex 16610 Submariner - MKII Stingray 60 - MKII Kingston Gilt/non date - MKII Kingston Gilt/Date - Orthos 300 Commander
    Others- MKII Key West GMT(on the way) - Rolex GMT 16750 - IWC Calatrava - Ocean7 LM-5 GMT- Maurice Lacroix Calendrier Retrograde - Longines Hour Angle Lindberg - Tudor "Big Block" Chrono

Myla's Favorite's Doxa Sub 200 Coralline, Omega Seamaster 120 - Rolex Datejust 18k/SS - Chronosport Panther - Maurice Lacroix - Omega 14k Mesh - Tag Heuer TT Aquaracer

Page 23 of 296 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 73 123 ... LastLast