Project GMT: Design thread - Page 32
Like Tree4055Likes

Thread: Project GMT: Design thread

Page 32 of 296 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 82 132 ... LastLast

Re: Project GMT: Design thread

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    I personally don't care about the white dial, but no C3 for black please. That's not my idea of patina. My eye just registers green.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    I agree. C3 has a green tint to me, in daylight. Plus, I think that either the blue of BWG9 or the white of C1 will look very sharp on what is an aviator's watch. It would have more of an airplane gauge look, to me.

and that panerai coffee colour is what kind of luminova, exactly? is it their own proprietary thing or something that can be purchased from a third party?

Quote Originally Posted by tmoris View Post
    and that panerai coffee colour is what kind of luminova, exactly? is it their own proprietary thing or something that can be purchased from a third party?
    Panerai is proprietary. Their history is steeped in great but proprietary lume. The names of the models initially referred to the trademarked lume that was used. (Luminor & Radiomir)

Their watches glow like the sun...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    STEELINOX likes this.
    MkII Vantage
    MkII LRRP
    MkII Kingston
    MkII Project GMT plank preorder
    MkII Nassau big crown
    MkII Nassau 369
    MkII Hawkinge 48 (preorder)
    MkII Project 300 (preorder)
    OWC Blue Snowflake A10
    Panerai PAM 359 - 1950 3 Days
    Rolex Submariner 1680 MkVI Red
    Rolex Sea-Dweller 16660
    Rolex GMT-II 116710
    Citizen Titanium Eco-Zilla
    Seiko Black Samurai
    Tag Heuer 4000 Auto
    Nav B-Uhr Vintage Automatic

Yao

the Project GMT cases will be going into mass production later this month. I signed off on the samples earlier this week. We will move the dial and insert design next.

For the hands I am going to take Menno's cue and work on the proportions that he mentioned. I believe that its just the minute hand that needs adjustment.

For the lume I would suggest as noted earlier as well:

* White dial: Natural or C3 lume
    * Black dial: BGW9

Quote Originally Posted by Yao View Post
    the Project GMT cases will be going into mass production later this month. I signed off on the samples earlier this week. We will move the dial and insert design next.

For the hands I am going to take Menno's cue and work on the proportions that he mentioned. I believe that its just the minute hand that needs adjustment.

Aarrgghhhh!!!! I just spent an hour going through the entire thread and my rather lengthy reply was lost...well, probably better for everyone involved as it might've been a bit long winded. The gist is that in earlier pictures it was noted that the GMT hand was longer than presently seen on gmt style watches with a smaller triangle. I am hoping that this detail is something that is being considered.

Also, great news about the cases going to production. Thank you for keeping us in the know.

Charles

watchamacallit's pic illustrating the relative length of the hands and their relationship to the dial:

66cooper's pics:
    Last edited by aviate; April 5th, 2013 at 02:38.

I noticed that too (and also lost a long winded reply post). The smaller 24h hand at the chapter ring seemed more in concert with the hour makers. I'd have to go back but I think the triangle fits right between the hour marker and chapter ring.

All the hands and markers on my Kingston are superbly in balance, I hope we see the same here.....

// Tapatalk HD for Android - Nexus 7 //
    Hidden Content

MK II Kingston "Bond"; Key West "Pussy Galore"; Nassau 3-6-9; Graywater GMT. O&W M4, M5. Orient EV09, ER1S (2010 STI Series I). Seikos: SKXA47K (2005), 7T32-6M59 (1991), H558-5009 (1985), 7A48-7000 (my precious! 1985), 7009-4040 (1980?), 6117-6410 (1974). Steinhart Ocean Black DLC MilSub mod. Tissot TXL Digital7.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao View Post

Could someone please post a dial pic with the natural luminova? From the catalogue luminova look i cannot make out if its greenish as the c3 or yellowish or ..?

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk

I think that Bill refers to my question in posting #90 of this thread: I asked if it was possible to align the 'ball' at the end of the second hand with the 'cross' of the mercedes hand: making sure that the ball of the second hand is in the exact center of the mercedes 'ball' when it's on top of that hand. I suggested to make the second hand a tad longer.

Rolex hands are aligned very precisely, the Kingston's hands do not align the way I suggested in posting #90.

Menno
    STEELINOX likes this.
    Dive watches; not only for underwater

Quote Originally Posted by Thieuster View Post
    I think that Bill refers to my question in posting #90 of this thread: I asked if it was possible to align the 'ball' at the end of the second hand with the 'cross' of the mercedes hand: making sure that the ball of the second hand is in the exact center of the mercedes 'ball' when it's on top of that hand. I suggested to make the second hand a tad longer.

Rolex hands are aligned very precisely, the Kingston's hands do not align the way I suggested in posting #90.

Menno
    Huh, you're right. It's a little off but you can't tell from this pic I just snapped. Off by the same amount on my SeaDweller too.

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1365169380336.jpg
Views: 752
Size:  78.6 KB

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    MkII Vantage
    MkII LRRP
    MkII Kingston
    MkII Project GMT plank preorder
    MkII Nassau big crown
    MkII Nassau 369
    MkII Hawkinge 48 (preorder)
    MkII Project 300 (preorder)
    OWC Blue Snowflake A10
    Panerai PAM 359 - 1950 3 Days
    Rolex Submariner 1680 MkVI Red
    Rolex Sea-Dweller 16660
    Rolex GMT-II 116710
    Citizen Titanium Eco-Zilla
    Seiko Black Samurai
    Tag Heuer 4000 Auto
    Nav B-Uhr Vintage Automatic

Have we settled on the tiny 24-hour hand? I'd really like to see something between the over-sized 24-hour triangle on a modern GMT and the tiny one on the classic model.

Page 32 of 296 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 82 132 ... LastLast

Thread Information