Project GMT: Design thread - Page 45
Like Tree4055Likes

Thread: Project GMT: Design thread

Page 45 of 296 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 95 145 ... LastLast

Re: Project GMT: Design thread

Quote Originally Posted by JFingers View Post
    I'm still leaning towards white dial for me, since my Kingston (and hopefully 3-6-9 Nassau) are/will be black dials. Even though the white dial pan-am was associated with the office staff, rather than the black dial for the pilots... :)

Blue skies!
    -only jake
    I have a feeling that a lot of Pan Am Execs at that time were/were once pilots.
    Chromejob and OmegaCosmicMan like this.
    Hidden Content
    Get Gilt now, Ask me how.
    Blue Lume is for deviants. -Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by White Tuna View Post
    I have a feeling that a lot of Pan Am Execs at that time were/were once pilots.
    Ok, I'll wear it then, twist my arm...

Blue skies!
    -only jake
    Haves: Key West | U-2 | Kingston | 3572 | Vantage | 856
    Dreams:
    X-33 SE | Speedyorite | BLNR | Weltzeit | DC86 | Type 1 | A-13A HA

I'm really not certain on the white or black face for my KeyWest. If a rootbeer bezel and aged lume were offered as options, I'd go with the black face in a second. Likewise, if I know that rootbeer/aged lume/black face were going to be offered as the "Havana" generally available model, to follow the limited edition KeyWest, then I'd happily go in the opposite direction.

So much will come down to the choices.

In the Kingston days, were there any live sample/demo pieces photographed or did everyone have to choose their options strictly on artist renderings?

Quote Originally Posted by BigHaole View Post
    I'm really not certain on the white or black face for my KeyWest. If a rootbeer bezel and aged lume were offered as options, I'd go with the black face in a second. Likewise, if I know that rootbeer/aged lume/black face were going to be offered as the "Havana" generally available model, to follow the limited edition KeyWest, then I'd happily go in the opposite direction.

So much will come down to the choices.

In the Kingston days, were there any live sample/demo pieces photographed or did everyone have to choose their options strictly on artist renderings?
    I think the planks went on renderings with the last GO having the advantage of seeing pics before they ordered? The problem is more information and pictures does not generally make the choice easier. Havana would also be my first choice, but is not an option at this time.
    JFingers likes this.
    Hidden Content

A few of us got to see a live sample of the Kingston at one of the NYC GTG's. bill really didn't want to show it as it was not a final same but we were like wolves on a sheep and he eventually gave it up. I can't remember the confit it was but I did have a gilt dial. It was love at first sight!!

Quote Originally Posted by 66Cooper View Post
    A few of us got to see a live sample of the Kingston at one of the NYC GTG's. bill really didn't want to show it as it was not a final same but we were like wolves on a sheep and he eventually gave it up. I can't remember the confit it was but I did have a gilt dial. It was love at first sight!!
    I believe those pics are in the forum. I had a huge nerdgasm when I saw 'em.

// Tapatalk HD for Android - Nexus 7 //
    Hidden Content

MK II Kingston "Bond"; Key West "Pussy Galore"; Nassau 3-6-9; Graywater GMT. O&W M4, M5. Orient EV09, ER1S (2010 STI Series I). Seikos: SKXA47K (2005), 7T32-6M59 (1991), H558-5009 (1985), 7A48-7000 (my precious! 1985), 7009-4040 (1980?), 6117-6410 (1974). Steinhart Ocean Black DLC MilSub mod. Tissot TXL Digital7.

Quote Originally Posted by White Tuna View Post
    Havana would also be my first choice, but is not an option at this time.
    While I agree that Havana would have been a better name, I was referring to the combination of black face, aged lume, and rootbeer bezel. I really think that will be an awesome combination. If that were to be offered in the generally available followup to the KeyWest(and Havana would be an awesome name for this followup watch), then I would definitely get the KeyWest in white, and add the black/aged/rootbeer GA watch after (have to figure out how I sneak both past the boss, but that's another story).

If there is no promise of a followup, and if a rootbeer bezel is one of the options for the plankholders, then I may get my KeyWest in black, which I think would be much more wearable.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHaole View Post
    While I agree that Havana would have been a better name, I was referring to the combination of black face, aged lume, and rootbeer bezel. I really think that will be an awesome combination. If that were to be offered in the generally available followup to the KeyWest(and Havana would be an awesome name for this followup watch), then I would definitely get the KeyWest in white, and add the black/aged/rootbeer GA watch after (have to figure out how I sneak both past the boss, but that's another story).

If there is no promise of a followup, and if a rootbeer bezel is one of the options for the plankholders, then I may get my KeyWest in black, which I think would be much more wearable.
    I know. I have been pushing for a Root Beer GMT since the start. It is my first choice. But I want a root beer dial, Pepsi or Coke bezel. I never even knew that a gilt dial would be possible after the Kingston but I have to say that a root beer/gilt dial would be mind blowing and truly worthy of the name Havana.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by White Tuna; August 17th, 2013 at 13:04.
    tmoris, Chromejob, Darwin and 1 others like this.
    Hidden Content

Anyone see this gem on eBay? Asking a cool 50k for it. Wow!
    White Tuna likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 66Cooper View Post
    Anyone see this gem on eBay? Asking a cool 50k for it. Wow!
    As cool as that is, it isn't 50 grand cool (to me, at least). I'd rather have 50 Key Wests for me and all my friends! I am really looking forward to more information on this one... And the 3-6-9 Nassau. And the Fulcrum.

Blue skies,
    -jake
    Haves: Key West | U-2 | Kingston | 3572 | Vantage | 856
    Dreams:
    X-33 SE | Speedyorite | BLNR | Weltzeit | DC86 | Type 1 | A-13A HA

Page 45 of 296 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 95 145 ... LastLast

Thread Information