Project GMT: Design thread - Page 48
Like Tree4055Likes

Thread: Project GMT: Design thread

Page 48 of 296 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 98 148 ... LastLast

Re: Project GMT: Design thread

Now that Bill is back on the project watches, what design element will get discussed next?

Re: Project GMT: Design thread

Somebody should post a tally of the design elements that have been solidified at this point. The design really hasn't been discussed in a long time.

Generally, I think the settled items were some of the Kingston components (case, bracelet), colors (black and white dials, pepsi and coke bezels), smaller crown than the Kingston.

The popular discussion points have been: more color combos (rootbeer?), cyclops, bezel insert material, dial print color, etc.
    Collection: Omega Speedmaster 3570.50 | Stowa Flieger | Gevril Tribeca (blk/blk) | Gevril Tribeca (wht/ss) | Seiko Diver 200m SKX009J | Seiko Vintage Chronograph 6138-8039 | Suunto Core

Previously Owned: Rolex Explorer 1016 | Rolex GMT Master 16700 | Tudor Submariner 79090 | Omega Seamaster Professional | IWC Mark XV 3253 | MKII Kingston | MKII Vantage | Gevril Tribeca (white dial / black bezel) | Raven Vintage | Steinhart Nav B-Uhr

Hidden Content

Re: Project GMT: Name discussion

I am on the waitlist. Is there anyone willing to give up their preorder spot?
    It's a beautiful world! Gerald
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Axelay2003 View Post
    I am on the waitlist. Is there anyone willing to give up their preorder spot?
    How did you get on this "waitlist"?

Quote Originally Posted by mlb212 View Post
    There was a wait list open for a while but I believe even that has even been filled and closed at this point.
    Hidden Content
    Get Gilt now, Ask me how.
    Blue Lume is for deviants. -Winston Churchill

I thought it was a mailing list to be notified, when the general availability round opens.

Quote Originally Posted by mlb212 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigHaole View Post
    I thought it was a mailing list to be notified, when the general availability round opens.
    Yeah, it's not really a "waitlist." Bill had suggested to people who missed out on the 60 piece pre-order to go to www.mkiiwatches.com to sign up for the mailing list. This should be one of the best ways to stay informed about when the ordering for the final 190 pieces is going to open. Of course the other way is to just keep checking the MKII forum and the MKII website. History has indicated that the people who are most vigilant/obsessive about keeping tabs on the various MKII portals are the ones who end up on the lists. Good luck.

Yao

Hi guys....right now we are trying to find a good font for the bezel. I am trying to nail this down before completing the dial design since it is important that the two pieces "work" together visually. So far this is the best I have found even if it means having to modify the fonts:

Ultima Pro - Webfont & Desktop font « MyFonts

Quote Originally Posted by Yao View Post
    So far this is the best I have found even if it means having to modify the fonts:

Ultima Pro - Webfont & Desktop font « MyFonts
    When I first looked at the fonts, I thought "man, way too wide and curvy." Then I put my Kingston on and scrutinized the lettering on it, and thought "dang, I guess that's kind of wide, too." I reckon you have to make the font wider if its going to be that small so as to maintain legibility. I like the Ultima Pro Light, with the Ultima Pro Light Italic for units of measure (m and ft). One question though, would you use that font for the WR numbers as well?

Also, it made my day to see you post in this thread again. I'm really, REALLY looking forward to this watch.

Blue skies,
    -only Jake
    Haves: Key West | U-2 | Kingston | 3572 | Vantage
    Dreams:
    X-33 SE | Speedyorite | BLNR | Weltzeit | DC86

Thanks for the update Bill :)

Dumb question.....do the font styles have to differ all that much from the Kingston or Nassau? I understand the need for maybe a bolder / thicker font.....but why the change in style?
    CJB
    Rolex Submariner non-date 14060
    Rolex GMT Pepsi 16700
    Omega Speedmaster Professional 145.022

Page 48 of 296 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 98 148 ... LastLast

Thread Information