Project GMT: Design thread - Page 9
Like Tree4055Likes

Thread: Project GMT: Design thread

Page 9 of 296 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 59 109 ... LastLast

Re: Project GMT: Name discussion

I prefer B.

Re: Project GMT: Design thread

Quote Originally Posted by Yao View Post
    For the time being I would suggest just pretending the watch has only two colors, black and white. By which I mean that we should focus getting the elements and shape correct. The colors can be decided later. However I would say that a black dial and a white dial will be a given. Anything more than that we will have to decide later. I am weary of giving people "kits" that they can supposedly install themselves as it always comes back to me with either A) a request to fix something that is busted or for B) "tutorials" which leads back to scenario "A" except now I am responsible for creating the problem in the first place. So if a third color becomes an option it will have to mean a surcharge for those customers that want it but the pricing for everyone else that is happy with a black or white dial will have to stay the same (i.e. we can't amortize the cost of a brown dial amongst everyone).

So get your black turtleneck out and pretend you are an architect and can only see in black and white. :D
    That sounds fair, Bill.

I'm 100% in favor of the brown dial Havana.

In the meantime, however, I've got my black and white glasses on for the design phase.

Cheers,
    Packleader

Quote Originally Posted by messenius View Post
    So could the hour markers be even smaller in B dial as in picture above?
    +1 - wondering if the dial would look more open if the hour markers were slightly smaller in diameter. And my vote is for B.

HJR

B again!

B!
    and the GMT hand lenghtend to reach outside of the minutemarkers, as it's supposed to point at the numbers on the bezel.
    eganwh likes this.
    Jussi

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaCosmicMan View Post
    Exactly right! (imho)
    In looking at the picture that Watchamacallit provided a couple of details really stand out. The lume on the minute hand doesn't project or cross overtop the lume on the indices. Instead a longer metal tip crosses the markers. To me this would stand out in comparison to 99% of the watches out there. Also, the tip of the seconds hand reaches to the seconds ring. This just looks right. Finally, the GMT hand has a very understated triangle that projects past the seconds ring pointing right to the bezel. All three details combine to lend a vintage look to the design of the watch. I would like to see all three incorporated.
    eganwh likes this.

I also like B. I wouldn't mind the GMT hand being longer, but I like the size of the triangle in the mockup. I don't care for the tiny triangles in the vintage watches.

B for Me
    Hidden Content Steve

Waiting Lounge: none

Quote Originally Posted by Watchamacallit View Post
    Rather B than A, but preferably like this:

My vote is for B, using the characteristics in this picture.
    Specifically to answer Bill's question. A longer GMT hand with a small triangle that is closer to the minute track than the hour markers.
    Dzunz001 likes this.
    Regards

Barry

Bill, may I add another question? Would it be possible to make the 'dotted' side of the second hand a fraction larger than on the two pics you showed us previously? Exactly long enough - so that the dot covers the center of the Mercedes EXACTLY when passing over/crossing it? For me, that's a sign of quality: taking care of even this tiny, tiny detail.

Menno
    JCW1980, Chromejob and White Tuna like this.
    Dive watches; not only for underwater

Page 9 of 296 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 59 109 ... LastLast

Thread Information