What MKII Are You Wearing? - Page 11
Like Tree28115Likes

Thread: What MKII Are You Wearing?

Page 11 of 545 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 111 511 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: What MKII Are You Wearing?

Put my Nassau back on my Phoenix Bond strap. Just felt "right" today.

My Watches
    Mk II Nassau; Smiths Everest

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf777 View Post
    Put my Nassau back on my Phoenix Bond strap. Just felt "right" today.
    Wonderful pictures. How does the Phoenix strap compare with popular Natos? How is the quality and is it just as strong? I see a Bond nylon and think of my disappointment after reading about the crap that was the "The Corvus Watch Company Real James Bond Strap."

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaCosmicMan View Post
    -Got my Grail -

-In the Mail-

-On Saturday.....

-Had to fit a couple of the links back into the bracelet....

I am lovin' the Bond Bezel, C3 Lume and Gilt dial of this Kingston (183/300)-

My Kingston quest is complete! (at Last)

-My Best to All-
    Some of the best Kingston pictures I've seen. Incredible, hope you enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Devarika Woulf View Post
    Wonderful pictures. How does the Phoenix strap compare with popular Natos? How is the quality and is it just as strong? I see a Bond nylon and think of my disappointment after reading about the crap that was the "The Corvus Watch Company Real James Bond Strap."

Some of the best Kingston pictures I've seen. Incredible, hope you enjoy it.
    My strap is the Corvus one. It is the newer one that they made to correct the fraying issues of the old 1st gen one. But they have since gone out of business I think. However, the Corvus strap is made by Phoenix in the UK. Phoenix is the oldest manufacturer of NATO straps because they have been making them to British MOD specifications since 1971 for the British military to originally be used on 5513/5517 military Submariners. The quality of all of my Phoenix straps is outstanding and I have never tried another NATO that was even close to the quality of Phoenix. You can't get the Corvus strap anymore, but Phoenix just recently released a 20mm Bond stripe RAF strap, which IMO is just as good for that authentic Bond look.
    My Watches

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf777 View Post
    My strap is the Corvus one. It is the newer one that they made to correct the fraying issues of the old 1st gen one. But they have since gone out of business I think. However, the Corvus strap is made by Phoenix in the UK. Phoenix is the oldest manufacturer of NATO straps because they have been making them to British MOD specifications since 1971 for the British military to originally be used on 5513/5517 military Submariners. The quality of all of my Phoenix straps is outstanding and I have never tried another NATO that was even close to the quality of Phoenix. You can't get the Corvus strap anymore, but Phoenix just recently released a 20mm Bond stripe RAF strap, which IMO is just as good for that authentic Bond look.
    Interesting. I just read this post on Phoenix's quality. I'm gonna order from Mickie directly to ensure I get the very best. Does the RAF strap stay well on for you compared to NATOs? Any risk of it falling off?

Quote Originally Posted by Devarika Woulf View Post
    Interesting. I just read this post on Phoenix's quality. I'm gonna order from Mickie directly to ensure I get the very best. Does the RAF strap stay well on for you compared to NATOs? Any risk of it falling off?
    I have read that post too and I don't know what to make of it. Mickie500 works for Phoenix so I would assume all of his straps are Phoenix straps. It says so on his listings and his profile. Maybe they just switched the way they engrave the size on the buckle to cut costs. I have both the fine print and the stamped numbers on my straps. I could care less about such a small detail.

RAF straps are fine. I have worn them for years and I have never ever had a watch fall off my wrist. Springbars are tougher than you think (trust me I have tried to intentionally break them just to test them for fun), and as long as your springbars are not faulty, your watch isn't gonna fall off your wrist.
    My Watches

handled some phoenix natos at grahame fowler last month and, tbh, wasn't blown away by them (compared to the maratac or dievas natos from gnomon that i have)... that said i do have a phoenix 22mm inbound as we speak hehe

Quote Originally Posted by mephisto View Post
    handled some phoenix natos at grahame fowler last month and, tbh, wasn't blown away by them (compared to the maratac or dievas natos from gnomon that i have)... that said i do have a phoenix 22mm inbound as we speak hehe
    I have several Phoenix straps, some seconds or irregular, all of them good VFM. Comparable to Maratac. Mickie's great, too.

// Tapatalk on Nexus 4 //
    Hidden Content

MK II Kingston "Bond"; Key West "Pussy Galore"; Nassau 3-6-9; Graywater GMT. O&W M4, M5. Orient EV09, ER1S (2010 STI Series I). Seikos: SKXA47K (2005), 7T32-6M59 (1991), H558-5009 (1985), 7A48-7000 (my precious! 1985), 7009-4040 (1980?), 6117-6410 (1974). Steinhart Ocean Black DLC MilSub mod. Tissot TXL Digital7.

Hot out of the box... Grey/Grey and on a StrapCulture beater... B33-012... Offloaded a Kingston Plank (see above!) and couldn't handle not having a MKII in the stable. Was lucky enough to obtain this a few days later. Awesome watch!

Have a great day, Y'all!

Quote Originally Posted by sstarbuck68 View Post
    Hot out of the box... Grey/Grey and on a StrapCulture beater... B33-012... Offloaded a Kingston Plank (see above!) and couldn't handle not having a MKII in the stable. Was lucky enough to obtain this a few days later. Awesome watch!.....

Have a great day, Y'all!
    Congratulations!! It is an awesome watch.

I'm glad I could help- (in a small way...)

(.....I was waiting for the price to drop again when you got it....)

Here is what I am wearing on this dark, cold, wet day...

Name:  20140403_Quad10.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  292.8 KB

-My Best to All-

Finally I have the privilege to post in this thread after the long wait! :)

Name:  2014-06-04 19.09.06.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  166.4 KB

Page 11 of 545 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 111 511 ... LastLast

Thread Information