300 - first arrival photos! - Page 18
Like Tree519Likes

Thread: 300 - first arrival photos!

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Re: 300 - first arrival photos!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    rts9364,

I’m having the same problem with my SUB300 Searambler #90 that you’re having with your Searambler. Unscrewing and screwing down the crown is not the same, simple, smooth procedure on this watch as it is on other Doxa and ETA watches. Like you, I have to hunt around, usually ‘getting there’ eventually, but the crown doesn’t operate as it should. I’ve emailed Doxa about it but haven’t heard back yet – hopefully and probably due to the holidays.

Bottom line -- I love the watch, but something isn’t right with it. I'm hoping this is an easy fix and that Doxa can make it right. Anyone know if this has to go back to Austria or if it can be repaired by Doxa in the USA?

John
    I talked to someone on their website chat line earlier this week. They indicated if it needed attention then it would go back to "the factory in Switzerland." (I had the same question about whether it could be handled at a US service center.) They told me to give it a week or so and see how it is when the factory reopens in mid-January. (This isn't something that is going to improve with time, but they are closed anyway.)

I agree with you, John. I love the watch and want to get it right. I wore mine for the last two days and once I get it set, it seems to be fine, i.e., date changes okay, PR okay, time-keeping okay. But, like you say, something is not right with the crown selector. Mine does all kinds of weird clicking and catching when trying to go between date/winding/screwing. It took me a few times to "learn" what it was doing; now I can, more or less, get it to cooperate and minimize the weirdness, but I fear something will start malfunctioning eventually if not corrected.

rts9364,

Thanks for the update on your communications with Doxa. I'll let you know if I hear anything, but it will likely be mid-January with the holidays, as you say. Your experience is identical to mine -- 'something is not right with the crown selector ... weird clicking and catching'. Misery loves company, but I have a feeling that our watches will be healed soon

John

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    rts9364,

Thanks for the update on your communications with Doxa. I'll let you know if I hear anything, but it will likely be mid-January with the holidays, as you say. Your experience is identical to mine -- 'something is not right with the crown selector ... weird clicking and catching'. Misery loves company, but I have a feeling that our watches will be healed soon

John
    Agreed. It shouldn't be a big deal to fix (said in ignorance). Now that I know you are having similar issues I wonder what it is and if there are others. It is curious we both have Searamblers.

Happy New Year!
    JohnM likes this.

I had a 1200t with the same problem , the crown would pull out to various positions , but would not engage to move the hands / date etc no matter which position it was in. I sent it back to Doxa in Austria and they sorted it , came back good as new.
    JohnM likes this.

Oh and my 300 pro just got delivered today , sizing the bracelet now but first impressions are I love it ! Will post some pics later ....

Here's a few quick pictures , feels great on my 7 1/2 inch wrist , loving it :)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dan01, Genebe, rts9364 and 1 others like this.

Genebe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by adg31 View Post
    Finally the wait is over and two weeks after going on holiday I've got my hands on my 300 Pro - #31 has surfaced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You have this for sale on ebay uk. How come?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

300 - first arrival photos!

Quote Originally Posted by Kippers View Post
    You have this for sale on ebay uk. How come?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
    It's a fantastic looking watch and I've got no issues with its quality - indeed on a watchwinder it's been +/- 0 since Monday so a great timekeeper to boot. Unfortunately I've been less than impressed with Doxa CS compared to other brands so I decided to bail out early.

This is only my view and I'm sure that there are a great many Doxa fans out there who would heartily disagree and can quote their own fantastic Doxa CS experiences. I can only say to each their own.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by adg31; January 2nd, 2017 at 07:47.

Quote Originally Posted by adg31 View Post
    It's a fantastic looking watch and I've got no issues with its quality - indeed on a watchwinder it's been +/- 0 since Monday so a great timekeeper to boot. Unfortunately I've been less than impressed with Doxa CS compared to other brands so I decided to bail out early.

This is only my view and I'm sure that there are a great many Doxa fans out there who would heartily disagree and can quote their own fantastic Doxa CS experiences. I can only say to each their own.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Ok. I can understand an Internet only company that seems to be split between US and Europe can cause issues. I had a few hiccups myself.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread Information