Thread: AGGGGHHHHH! Clearance Delay!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unhappy AGGGGHHHHH! Clearance Delay!

So according to the Fedex tracking system my Doxa should have arrived at my front door no later then 10:30am today. Eagerly awaiting its delivery I decided to set myself up at a strategic position in the living room. Perched next to the front door (Which I left open just in case I couldn't hear the FedEx person knock or ring the door bell from my spot 4 ft away.) I cracked open and emerged myself in my latest read, Black Wind written of course by our favorite author Clive Clussler. Reading through the chapters and imaging myself in the shoes of my orange Doxa wearing hero Dirk Pitt I completely lose track of time. Evidently after a couple chapters I broke from my trans and glanced at my living room wall clock which displayed 11:00am sharp. Hmmm I thought to myself better check the tracking on the website. I ran over to the computer pulled up the FedEx website, punched in the tracking and then I see this pop up on the monitor (Que the horrifying scary music please)........

Nov 28, 2007 2:31 AM Clearance delay NEWARK,NJ

Seeing this a qoute from Bruce Almighty immediately popped in my head "Why have thou smitten me, O mighty smitter!" Seriously this doesn't looked to good to me......I'm feeling like I could be in for a 1 or 2 day wait. Aggh! I don't think I can take it. What do you think has anyone experienced this before????

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Re: AGGGGHHHHH! Clearance Delay!

Mine was 2 days if I recall correctly (conversation "well, it's all set with Customs, but it had to go to Agriculture." "Agriculture? Why would a Swiss watch have to go to agriculture?" (picturing the smug look on her face and the "duh" lighting up above her head, she says....)"Well what kind of strap does it have on it?"
    I can just see her grinning, what a moron this guy must be, not knowing his leather/croc/exotic skin strap has to be checked with Agriculture.... "Um, Stainless Steel". "Oh..... well, if it's not back in an hour I'll go down and check on it"....

Yeah, it sucks, but it happens. One guy here was held up almost a week. But you don't want to hear about that....

Let's hope for an early release . Best not plan on it until the site says "Out for delivery".
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Yep, happened to my T1000 Divingstar. It was held up in Newark customs for about a week. My advise, don't kill yourself rushing home from work the next couple of days.

Besides, it would really suck showing your wife a speeding ticket instead of your new Doxa. (or don't show her either!)

Gerald.
    Last edited by Swan; November 28th, 2007 at 23:56.

Thanks T-Bone,

FedEx just got a hold of my wife. They said they needed her SS number to release the watch. Ok I thought that is really odd but maybe I'm just paranoid. The lady on the phone said they will try and have it released in time for the morning delivery which will be great. You know It just occurred to me even if it takes an extra day or two, its still delivered like a week faster then if I had bought a watch from any other watch company or dealer on the web. I Gotta give credit to Doxa and their lighting fast shipping service.:0)

Hey Hang in there, my Military Sharkhuter was held up in Customs for 3 days, man I was having kittens.....

Quote Originally Posted by KindaClever1 View Post
    They said they needed her SS number to release the watch.
    The IRS is cracking down on internet purchases which are not paying sales taxes, so these requests for SS numbers will be on the increase. They are currently targeting the major shippers like fedex.
    Damn.
    DW

Confused Re: AGGGGHHHHH! Clearance Delay!

Quote Originally Posted by Swan View Post
    Yep, happened to my T1000 Divingstar. It was held up in Newark customs for about a week. My advise, don't kill yourself rushing home from work the next couple of days.

Besides, it would really suck showing your wife a speeding ticket instead of your new Doxa. (or don't show her either!)

Gerald.
    A WEEK! That would just be really.....sucky! Man I hope the fedex lady was right about the over night release. A WEEK! what could they be doing with it for A WEEK?

Quote Originally Posted by David Woo View Post
    The IRS is cracking down on internet purchases which are not paying sales taxes, so these requests for SS numbers will be on the increase. They are currently targeting the major shippers like fedex.
    Damn.
    DW
    Great! first customs and now the IRS . Hmm..... Wait a sec do you have to pay sales tax on a out of country purchase though?

Thats what you get living in the New York area. I hope yours gets through quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Swan View Post
    Thats what you get living in the New York area. I hope yours gets through quick.
    Thanks Gerald,

If it ends up taking longer then a few days I'll have to call up customs and tell them to buy their own. In the mean time to get my fix I'll just have to browse the photo gallery.

Billy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information