WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Dial Refinishing, anyone have any experiences?

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  skin diver 
#1 ·
I posted another thread yesterday about my old Doxa sub300T that I sold in 2007 and bought back recently. unfortunately, the watch has some damage that has to be looked after. It looks like the dial got wet, and the paint is unstable. Also the hands whuich don't look like my original hands will need refinishing. I'm probably going to need the services of a really good dial refinisher. I want the dial like it was originally. This is a US Divers Aqualung logo'ed model, which I want to preserve.
Any help would be sincerely appreciated.
Thanks
Arthur

#2 ·
Anyone? Would think that some of you fine folks have some experience, doesn't have to be a Doxa dial.
Thanks
Arthur

#6 ·
My recommendation would be to send some good phtos of the dial and hands to Jack at IWW and see what he says. The man is an absolute artist and has a lot of experience with DOXAs.

#7 ·
Thanks for the input guys.Jack has restored quite a few watches for me, several Doxas and a Omega SM300. He does great work. i think that the biggest problem here is the damage to the dial is not readily apparent from photos. I sent the watch to another watchmaker who I have used quite a bit and he found the dial problem when he removed the dial. i originally sent the watch to him to have the hands relumed, he found all the other problems when he disaassembled the watch.

#10 ·
Arthur, bummer about the old SUB. I have used International Dial several times in the past. They may be slow but they do a good job. Look at the thread below about my cleaning up my old 300T. That dial was from International Dial and they even put a US Divers logo on it for me.

International Dial Co. Inc.

The price was pretty good to about 50 bucks if i remember right, although it was quite some time ago. No idea what they charge now. Actually, I think Jack at IWW uses them.

Give them a shout

Pete

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.