Diving Soon...10/01/17 (SOLD OUT) - Page 13
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Diving Soon...10/01/17 (SOLD OUT)

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Diving Soon...10/01/17 (SOLD OUT)

[/QUOTE]The 300 piece SUB300 Aqualung was sold out within 24 hours thanks to all our loyal customers! We hope you are one of the lucky 300 and look forward to bring you even more special editions in the future.[/QUOTE]

Congratulations to the Doxa team, you guys have done a fantastic job on the Aqualung and the results clearly show what we all thought of it.

Can’t wait to see it for myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Diving Soon...10/01/17 (SOLD OUT)

I'm in for #19 to correspond with my mission worn M31. It's a good day to be me.

It even sold out twice! That's almost a record.
    Ausman600 likes this.
    Reality:
    Doxa SUB Mission 31 (mission worn)
    Doxa SUB 750T COSC Divingstar
    Doxa SUB 750T COSC MilShark
    Doxa SUB 300T 50th Professional (#010/300)

Dreams:
    Doxa SUB 750T COSC CaRRibbean
    Doxa SUB 600T T-Graph Searambler

Quote Originally Posted by El Loco Norwegian View Post
    It even sold out twice! That's almost a record.
    The sales process was confusing. It said sold out, then was back up, then was sold out, then was back available this morning. I called this morning and they said some were left. I was so close to ordering a second one. Then when I checked back it was sold out again (permanently this time I assume). I don't think their sales system was set up for such a successful release. They had to turn off ordering and manually count orders to make sure they didn't sell too many (at least that's how it was described to me on the phone). Oh well, at least I got one!

Quote Originally Posted by TripleCalendar View Post
    The sales process was confusing. It said sold out, then was back up, then was sold out, then was back available this morning. I called this morning and they said some were left. I was so close to ordering a second one. Then when I checked back it was sold out again (permanently this time I assume). I don't think their sales system was set up for such a successful release. They had to turn off ordering and manually count orders to make sure they didn't sell too many (at least that's how it was described to me on the phone). Oh well, at least I got one!
    I guess some late-comers were lucky to get hold of the last ones. The "regular" 50th took a year to sell out the Pro, so who would have thought the BL would sell out in just a few hours. I had planned to wait a few weeks to order mine, but soon realised that if I was going to get one, I had to act fast. Now I have to start saving up again, just in case there is a T-Graph re-edition somewhere on the horizon
    Reality:
    Doxa SUB Mission 31 (mission worn)
    Doxa SUB 750T COSC Divingstar
    Doxa SUB 750T COSC MilShark
    Doxa SUB 300T 50th Professional (#010/300)

Dreams:
    Doxa SUB 750T COSC CaRRibbean
    Doxa SUB 600T T-Graph Searambler

I guess some late-comers were lucky to get hold of the last ones. The "regular" 50th took a year to sell out the Pro, so who would have thought the BL would sell out in just a few hours. I had planned to wait a few weeks to order mine, but soon realised that if I was going to get one, I had to act fast. Now I have to start saving up again, just in case there is a T-Graph re-edition somewhere on the horizon
    There were a lot more of the 50th anniversary model though, this was "just" 300. :) I was surprised when I woke up and more than half were already sold. Knew it wouldn't do any good to try a quick sell to raise funds, but I didn't think they would be all gone in the next 8 hrs :)

I WILL be ready for the next release though :)

Everyone seems to expect a T-graph re-edition, but what movement would they use?

They already used the ETA 2894 in the 600t-graph. I'm not sure they can make it any smaller while using that movement, and the eta 7750 is also large. I suppose they can make the same thing with a vintage domed crystal, but the case won't be vintage sized unless they find a different movement to use.

Name:  doxa-sub-600t-graph-40th-anniversary-edition-professional.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  170.1 KB
    Des2471 likes this.

There were a lot more of the 50th anniversary model though, this was "just" 300. :) I was surprised when I woke up and more than half were already sold. Knew it wouldn't do any good to try a quick sell to raise funds, but I didn't think they would be all gone in the next 8 hrs :)

I WILL be ready for the next release though :)

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TripleCalendar View Post
    That, plus DOXA reserved a set number of watches, so the guys at Aqualung had a chance to get a watch. After all, this couldn't have happened without them. Once the Aqualung order was in, the watches that the Aqualung team didn't buy, were released to the public. That's why they were initially "sold out", and then a few more became available.
    Horoticus and TripleCalendar like this.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Glad to see the partnership of Aqualung and Doxa again :) I hope it continues!!! Judging by how quickly the series sold I would think it's a no-brainer :)
    Paul Ramon likes this.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread Information