Doxa warranty
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Doxa warranty

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Doxa warranty

Hope I'm not overstepping here but just trying to help some folks avoid a possible sticky situation. Mods, please delete if I have.
    I have seen a few 300Ts being flipped and the sellers have either implied or outright stated that the warranty was valid for the next owner.
    Unless something has changed recently, the warranty applies to the original owner only so be careful what you post.
    I hopes this helps.

GDI

Re: Doxa warranty

I know this is an old post, but I have info on this situation. I am selling my Doxa Sub 50th Anniversary and contacted DOXA to clarify, they confirmed that the warranty IS TRANSFERRABLE- but they say only the original owner gets free shipping. Subsequent owners must pay to ship the watch to DOXA for repairs.

I think this confusion stems from old versions of the website being accessible, and at one time they had stated no transfers.

Transferability of warranties is governed by state and federal law not company policy.
    https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/...tion/index.htm
    Last edited by JodyH; 3 Weeks Ago at 15:01.
    Ulysse Nardin, DOXA, Tudor, Hidden Content , Eterna, Rolex, Breitling, Sinn, Omega, Ball, Zenith​, Tissot, Sea-Gull, Dievas, ​Laco, Seiko, Orient Star, Casio, Suunto

Quote Originally Posted by GDI View Post
    I know this is an old post, but I have info on this situation. I am selling my Doxa Sub 50th Anniversary and contacted DOXA to clarify, they confirmed that the warranty IS TRANSFERRABLE- but they say only the original owner gets free shipping. Subsequent owners must pay to ship the watch to DOXA for repairs.

I think this confusion stems from old versions of the website being accessible, and at one time they had stated no transfers.
    That's interesting and if true, they should update and clarify the FAQ on their website.
    stillonthebeach likes this.

GDI

They should, but the written warranty in the manual for my watch has no limitation related to transferability. So, I think it would be transferrable. See:
    ::::::::::DOXA WATCH MANUAL:::::::::::::::

Well, I emailed Doxa a warranty question regarding my nearly-new Caribbean 1200t, and they didn't even reply!
    1990 Roamer 200m diver, Quartz
    1991 Tag Heuer GMT quartz
    1998 Omega Seamaster SMP SOLD
    1999 Rolex Submariner date. The one.
    2007 Omega Planet Ocean XL on rubber, SOLD in 2016
    2010 Seiko Monster Black Seiko Monster Orange, Strela mechanical
    2011 Skyland Avenger Blacksteel SOLD Rolex Daytona stainless ( for three days...) Rolex Explorer 2 bought from a friend in 2011, SOLD back to the same guy in 2013!
    2012 Rolex Explorer. Nice, understated watch for any occasion.
    2013 Omega Planet Ocean Liquidmetal Limited Edition Omega SMP , 1999 model Omega Planet Ocean 42mm 2500D on bracelet
    2014 Skagen ..why? Obris Morgan Predata, black as can be..Helberg CH6. Stainless with stainless bezel, SOLD Obris Morgan Predata, blasted finish Raven Deeptech, SOLD, Bombfrog SOLD
    2015 Steinhart Ocean Black. Unreliable.
    2016 Steinhart T500. Unreliable
    2017 Bulova Moonwatch, 2017. SOLD to a man in Estonia.Doxa 1200T Caribbean, Longines Legend Diver, date. Seiko Turtle, Pepsi/Rubber, Seiko Turtle PADI.

GDI

Quote Originally Posted by Vlciudoli View Post
    Well, I emailed Doxa a warranty question regarding my nearly-new Caribbean 1200t, and they didn't even reply!
    Try sending a reminder - I got a reply after sending a second email.

Dont hold out hold out high hopes for Doxa customer service. I bought a brand new 1200T w winding/crown problems and after weeks of calling and emailing in which they assured me that everything was fine and I had no idea what I was talking about (because apparently the new sellita mvmt is SUPPOSED to suck) they begrudgingly have agreed to examine the watch. But preemptively already told me I'm probably wasting my time and they'll most likely send it right back. Even if they're right, horrible way to do business.

Quote Originally Posted by GDI View Post
    Try sending a reminder - I got a reply after sending a second email.

DOXA USA customer service is in Houston, Texas.
    I wouldn't expect much US customer service to be happening until late September.
    Last edited by JodyH; 2 Weeks Ago at 17:30.
    Ulysse Nardin, DOXA, Tudor, Hidden Content , Eterna, Rolex, Breitling, Sinn, Omega, Ball, Zenith​, Tissot, Sea-Gull, Dievas, ​Laco, Seiko, Orient Star, Casio, Suunto

GDI

Quote Originally Posted by msig81 View Post
    Dont hold out hold out high hopes for Doxa customer service. I bought a brand new 1200T w winding/crown problems and after weeks of calling and emailing in which they assured me that everything was fine and I had no idea what I was talking about (because apparently the new sellita mvmt is SUPPOSED to suck) they begrudgingly have agreed to examine the watch. But preemptively already told me I'm probably wasting my time and they'll most likely send it right back. Even if they're right, horrible way to do business.
    I had a winder problem with my SUB 300 and I filled out a warranty request on their website and they emailed an RMA in short order. I sent it to Switzerland at DOXA's cost and it was back in a few weeks. Communications during the repair was not as great as Rolex (which was stellar), but it came back working as it should so I have no complaints.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information