40 15.21%
  • Regular and Certified diver

118 44.87%
  • Diving Instructor

9 3.42%
  • Professional diver

14 5.32%
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: How many of you Doxa guys dive ?

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Re: How many of you Doxa guys dive ?

i am padi certified open water but haven't been in years don't think they make a wet suit big enough
    "Non revertar inultus"-
    I will not return unavenged

Quote Originally Posted by Kife27
    Wow! Awesome pics Greg! What kind of camera are you using? I just use my digital elph with a 30meter rated housing...it does the job for now but I don't get the color and clarity that you do!

I do like the Bahamas for Sharks as well.
    Thanks.

These pictures were taken using a Canon S70 digital PowerShot in a Canon underwater case (rated 40m). I find the Canon's brilliant as they have lots of easy to use features, and small but still easy to use underwater with underwater white balance and a good wide angle lens which is a must for underwater photography. I've just upgraded to the new S80, which is my 8th digital Canon for underwater photography, so I think this will tell you how much I rate their cameras and can't wait to test the S80 out on my next dive trip to the Bahamas later this year.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by studio808
    Thanks.

These pictures were taken using a Canon S70 digital PowerShot in a Canon underwater case (rated 40m). I find the Canon's brilliant as they have lots of easy to use features, and small but still easy to use underwater with underwater white balance and a good wide angle lens which is a must for underwater photography. I've just upgraded to the new S80, which is my 8th digital Canon for underwater photography, so I think this will tell you how much I rate their cameras and can't wait to test the S80 out on my next dive trip to the Bahamas later this year.

Hope this helps.
    Greg,

Thanks for the info. Let me know how the S80 works out the next time you dive. My S230 seems to work ok, but I definitely don't think I am getting the vivid colors that you are. Maybe I just need more practice - or an upgrade of the camera. I agree the size and ease of use is why I like my Canon as well.

-Adam

Caribbean 750T #135/250

Leisure diver for 15 years but only in tropical waters with acceptable temperatures. (Indonesia: Sumba, Sumbawa, Sulawesi, Irian Jaya) Usually 2-4 dives per month combined with my monthly 10 day stay in Indonesia. My Dad had a Doxa in the early 70's to early 80's. Rediscovered Doxa on the web two years ago. I use a watch only as a backup, to divecomputer, so my divers are 95% land divers but will come along with me into the warm relaxing deep.
    Daniel

Gotta say I'm pretty impressed, already 50 people on the forum here (so far) who have at least logged a little (or a LOT) of bottom time!

Paul
    Doxa Ad Vitam !

WOW! I was actually thinking of buying a camera for underwater photography, but now I think I'll have to go kill myself instead...

Awesome photos!!!

THOR
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have. - Gerald Ford

Quote Originally Posted by jean-michel
    I would be interested to know the number of divers among Doxa owners
    Last june in Marsa Alam - Egypt....

Cheers,

Frank

TAG Heuer Monaco
    Heuer Autavia - vintage
    Panerai PAM001
    Citizen automatic diver
    vintage Bucherer (for sale)

VERY interesting result !
    thanks to all of you who voted in poll , and I feel very impressed by the number of "real" divers among us : it just prove (if this was necessary) that Doxa watches are REAL dive watches , and I do not think that many forum discussing about dive watches would obtain such a result
    cheers
    JM
    Jean-Michel

Hidden Content

Click on the image to visit my websites

I dive, too.

Been certified for about 6 years, and have logged somewhere around 50-60 open water dives. I have gone diving in Culebra, Curaçao, Aruba, North Carolina (my best dive, actually), Grenada, and some other places I forget right now.

The only Doxa I used diving was my Divingstar 600T, but all of my dive watches have at least been snorkeling (except for the newest TGraph).

Deepest dive was in Grenada, about 180 ft. I wore my Seiko Kinetic Scuba there

Chris
    --
    "What you think, you become"

-Buddha

my current collection: '68 Tudor Sub-military, '83 Rolex Seadweller 16660 (matte dial), '62 Rolex Zephyr, Doxa Sub 300T Professional Reissue, Doxa Divingstar 750 GMT, Omega Flightmaster c911, Omega Seamaster 300/date, Omega PloProf 1200, Omega PO Chrono c9300, Seiko MarineMaster 300M, ZRC Etanche Grand Fondes reissue, B&R BR-02, Seiko Scubamaster M726, Helson Sharkmaster Destro, MeisterSinger Scrypto

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Nixon
    Hi all,
    Currently working towards my PADI Divemaster rating, it's taking me a few months but will hopefully complete by the end of Aug. I'm afraid my DOXA's don't always accompany me because I am terrified of losing/damaging them and not being able to get them repaired as they are limited editions. If I was in the tropics I would probably take them along but most of my diving is in the UK & Canada. Does anyone else have these concerns?.
    Bob,

I have the same concerns too--when I dive I just swap the steel bracelet for a Waterborne strap. That way I keep the watch even if a pin fails (which has never happened to me with the Doxa).

Good luck with the Divemaster rating--hoping to get there by summer of next year.

Avi
    Hidden Content

"Individuals fail.
    Teams succeed."

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information