40 15.21%
  • Regular and Certified diver

118 44.87%
  • Diving Instructor

9 3.42%
  • Professional diver

14 5.32%
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: How many of you Doxa guys dive ?

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

How many of you Doxa guys dive ?

I would be interested to know the number of divers among Doxa owners
    Jean-Michel

Hidden Content

Click on the image to visit my websites

Re: How many of you Doxa guys dive ?

Count me in as a diver.

Got two trips coming up - one to the USVI/BVI and the other a return to the Great Barrier Reef in Australia!

-Adam

Does takin' my kid to the waterpark count?
    JackM1988 and madkx like this.
    "Strength equals health; one cannot be healthy without being strong."-Eugene Sandow

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Interesting results so far , nice to see divers and wana be divers here ;)

coments would also be interesting , among divers had you ever heard about Doxa before ? and among non-divers does the fact owning a Doxa gives you the idea or the envy to try ? ... it might be also interesting to heard from the persons who reply "no way" as the Doxa Sub is for sure a dedicated watch (I of course know and respect a lot non-divers who own/collect diver watches but their feed back would be appreciated)

on my side I have dived for the fist time long time ago I was only 8 y/o and have always heard about Doxa in the Diving world , my father who has been a commercial diver was a owner of Doxa like may divers of the 60s and the 70s so for me owning a Doxa was a "logical" choice to go among my collection of watches : there is a strong and historical link between doxa and diving and I feel very hapy to see the brand rebirth

cheers
    JM
    Jean-Michel

Hidden Content

Click on the image to visit my websites

I became a certified diver through Penn State University, as they offered it as an elective, but that was over 10 years ago. Since that time, I haven't gone diving at all. A few times I thought about getting back into it, but other activities have taken my spare time.

I heard of Doxa from finding this website a few years back. That lead me to start to read Clussler books, and then I craved a Doxa and now own a few.
    Aude,Tace, Vide
    Virtus Junxit, Mors Non Separabit

I am a Regular and Certified diver........ Or wait maybe its certifiable:-D . Well anyway I do know that I love diving. I used to do it locally a lot (I live in Michigan, the great freezing cold lake state). After a few tropic dive vacations I've gotten spoiled and pretty much only dive when on vacation in a tropical area. BTW great poll subject.

Spent 2 weeks in Indonesia's Lembeh straight. HIghly recommend the area. Very healthy reef life with a wide variety of fish and critters. Dove with the kbr resort and the Aggressor live aboard.
    Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images

Certified since I was a kid...

The US Army Trained me even more...

Certified Rescue Diver...

Attachment 17858
    Last edited by John Vargas; January 8th, 2007 at 08:43.
    / Tudor: “The Usuals"...Sub, S-D, Daytona's, GMT-II, GMT-IIC, Tudor Sub, Mini-Sub, Ω: NASA Issue Speedy Pro, Cosmic ‘51 R.I., IWC: 3717, Dudley: Masonic Pocket Watch, ℘℘:5107G, 3448, : 31 Day, 47040, BP: Leman Moon Phase Calendar, Milus: TIRM600

"Americans are stupid to believe what they see and read in an IWC Brochure, the photos in the brochure are done to be the best-looking example of the product to make it more desirable, not what is actually available.” Benoit de Clerck, Ex-President, IWC N.A.

I got certified in '94, and went on dive vacations to the Grand Caymans in '94, '96 and '98. Went with basically the same group of friends, we rented a house on the north shore and dove right behind the house. We also did some boat dives. Had never heard of Doxa at that point (no one else in my family has ever dove). Heard of the brand through reading Cussler's novels.

Paul
    Doxa Ad Vitam !

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

No vote fits my tale . Certified in or about 1984, dove avidly in the Great Lakes plus local lakes, rivers, etc.

Certified advanced open water, rescue diver, Ice diiving, specialties in wreck diving, night diving, oceans tides and currents (in my case, primarily a swift water course in the St. Clair river with an average current around 4 kts.... much stronger in places than you'd expect). I dove as much as I could for about 8 years, logging over 300 dives.

Extensive wreck diving in various parts of 4 of the 5 Great Lakes (favorite was Isle Royale), deepest dive IIRC was 187 feet. Wreck penetration dives in many cases, some as far as three levels inside the wreck.

In 1992 I started a business which devoured my time and pretty much pulled me away from diving. No longer have the business, and have not been in the water since about 1994. Recently been thinking of taking it up again!

Used a Citizen Aqualand (still have it, no longer functions ) on virtually all those dives. I was aware of Doxa, even seem to recall someone having a few NOS, but I think they were not being produced at that point (not sure if that is correct). I went with the Aqualand for the "cool" an practical factor of the depth meter as a backup (worked accurately and flawlessly on every dive). Two hyprebaric chamber training dives (one to 125 feet, one to 165 feet) confirmed it's spot on accuracy.
    Last edited by T Bone; July 19th, 2006 at 00:23.
    Regards, T Bone.

Hidden Content Hidden Content
    DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast